OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Add the ability to open SharePoint Sites for Mac like the Windows client does

We're trying to move one division over to our SharePoint365 and get off of Dropbox. We're getting a lot of pushback from the Mac users, about this, since OneDrive doesn't have connections to SharePoint like Windows does (i.e. the site documents list in Finder).

"Sync" a folder from the SharePoint libraries sends them down a rabbit hole of installing Onedrive For Business and ultimately doesn't work as it tells them they have to have a PC to sync to SharePoint

Sharing to SharePoint in Document Connector in O2011 will only connect you to specific files in specific folders, not folder and all subfolders (there are hundreds). No way to manipulate folders -move them rename them, move them from one folder to another. They're stuck doing this in firefox, which only allows them to move files and folders down the tree, not up.

Beckfish and Colligo as 3rd party apps for this, don't work with 365. Users are stuck using Firefox and are not happy about it. Research indicates that this is a subject of much discussion, and the answer seems only to be, "no it doesn't."

1,914 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve recently rolled out support for syncing your Team sites (including O365 Groups) and shared OneDrive for Business folders for macOS. You can read more here: https://blogs.office.com/2017/01/24/onedrive-brings-new-file-collaboration-and-management-features-to-the-enterprise/ This is available for our standalone client and coming to the Mac App Store shortly. Thanks!

217 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are you kidding me? We just moved away from Sharepoint where I'm working because you absolutely cannot manage files stored in Sharepoint with a mac on that complete **** of a web interface that seems like it was built in 1992, nor can you mount a sharepoint drive on a mac to manipluate stored files as you can on a windows machine.

For christ sake, Google Drive, DropBox, and HUNDREDS of other companies have figured this out.

I could be misreading, but the only mention of Team Sites in that article seems to be in a comment lamenting the fact that still nothing at all has been done in that regard.

• Brent C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do you have an update on when this will be ready? This post started over a year ago and it still has not been fixed? Our only option is to go with DropBox, I guess MS does not want the business

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about simply being able to ACCESS folders/files "Shared With Me"?
    Sharing with Mac Users NOT ALLOWED?!?!?

Let's start there.

THEN we can begin to discuss SharePoint libraries, and actual SYNCing, and collaboration and such.

This sort of echoes other comments - "feature parity for Mac Users" - one would think this goes without saying.
    It's particularly insulting that the missing features are not trumpeted loudly - this would save us all a great deal of time, effort, frustration, and money.

The great irony is that Mac users have always been categorically (if not individually) ANTI-Microsoft, to one degree or another. Yet here they are, clamoring for Microsoft products, and the attention of the Microsoft developers. And Microsoft is THROWING AWAY this opportunity to endear themselves to this other, rather large community.

Unbelievable. Please pay attention!

See above! Cannot believe this is not already a feature for software that is meant to be designed for collaborative working!

• Giacomo Tufano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is frankly ridiculous. I don't even understand how this is not clear in the mind of the Product manager... What's the reason to have a sync client if you cannot share files?

• Ben Druitt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. The ability to share files with one drive CROSS PLATFORM is key to it's usefulness. We have a group folder where all our stuff is stored and it is not accessible (except via web browser) from OSX, nor can you sync it with the new one drive client. This should be a priority.

• Karl D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft needs to start seeing mac users just as windows users. Many companies have both and fed up of microsoft products not working on mac: excel, word, outlook, ...and now no sharepoint sync so how do we collaborate with other users? current answer = use software form another company that offers this, dropbox, etc

• Vincenzo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The single most important feature is coming out after 2 years. I am waiting from summer 2015 !!!

"SharePoint Document Library Sync—We’re adding SharePoint Online document library sync, starting with a preview in the third quarter of 2016, with general release by the end of 2016."

• SR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a feature request for Office 365 for Mac. Feature parity with the Windows version.

We shouldn't have to ask for features if they are already in the Windows version.

Mac users should get Office 365 for half-price since it's barely half a product.

• SR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The single most important feature is coming out a full year later.

"SharePoint Document Library Sync—We’re adding SharePoint Online document library sync, starting with a preview in the third quarter of 2016, with general release by the end of 2016."

• Ed Alp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please Think Harder!

You may say to yourself, "I sync I can, I sync I can" Reuben Krippner.

• Ed Alp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Appstore: " - Boom it's done. You can now sync your OneDrive for Business files."
    We were already syncing OneDrive for Business for some time.
    Please add Sharepoint. In 2014 I had a beta version that let me sync Sharepoint, suddenly stopped working...
    My company will be moving away from Office365.

• Gareth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are there any plans to enable team site sharing this quarter for Sharepoint ? If not my company will be moving to google

• Vincenzo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jason Moore (Group Program Manager, Microsoft, Microsoft) responded (September 09, 2015):
    "Thanks for the feedback folks. We’ll be thinking about this".
    Thinking? After 7 months with is the result ?!

In other offical Microsoft Announcements i read out that you should communicate or release this Feature for OneDrive for OS.X in Q1/2016. This is now over, please inform us to decide what to do with Migration Projects are still waiting on this Feature. Thank you in adavance.

• Graham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm going to follow up here. Your organization said the first quarter of 2016. Mind providing an update? Thanks.

OneDrive Archive: Mac

Feedback and Knowledge Base