OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

Add the ability to open SharePoint Sites for Mac like the Windows client does

We're trying to move one division over to our SharePoint365 and get off of Dropbox. We're getting a lot of pushback from the Mac users, about this, since OneDrive doesn't have connections to SharePoint like Windows does (i.e. the site documents list in Finder).

"Sync" a folder from the SharePoint libraries sends them down a rabbit hole of installing Onedrive For Business and ultimately doesn't work as it tells them they have to have a PC to sync to SharePoint

Sharing to SharePoint in Document Connector in O2011 will only connect you to specific files in specific folders, not folder and all subfolders (there are hundreds). No way to manipulate folders -move them rename them, move them from one folder to another. They're stuck doing this in firefox, which only allows them to move files and folders down the tree, not up.

Beckfish and Colligo as 3rd party apps for this, don't work with 365. Users are stuck using Firefox and are not happy about it. Research indicates that this is a subject of much discussion, and the answer seems only to be, "no it doesn't."

1,914 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve recently rolled out support for syncing your Team sites (including O365 Groups) and shared OneDrive for Business folders for macOS. You can read more here: https://blogs.office.com/2017/01/24/onedrive-brings-new-file-collaboration-and-management-features-to-the-enterprise/ This is available for our standalone client and coming to the Mac App Store shortly. Thanks!

217 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are going to have to leave Office365 as the issue of SharePoint connectivity is causing major problems.

• xisconet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hate to hear that microsoft is doing nothing for thousands or millions of users. I have windows 10 pro computers and several osx/ios devices. What does microsoft think we are supposed to do? use dropbox, icloud, google drive instead? why to use o365 then?

• Daren Ulmer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will be dropping Office 365 if not implemented by Summer. Groups are a nearly useless feature unless our users can access the files offline (airplanes, train commutes, etc.).

• Jesse Go commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're software development company. 200 mac developers here.
    We have checked migration from Google to Microsoft thoughtfully, and concluded that this is the only reason why we can't do right now.

As soon as it is resolved, we will perform the migration.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Want to go to file>share>sharepoint and be able to browse to my company's sharepoint folder structure and save my word doc....when will this be possible?

• Jo Milton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Honestly why has this not been sorted out. People are moving away from office 365 as a result of the lack of the ability to sync team sites with a MAC. How many people are you going to loose as a result of this!

• Graham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's almost the end of the first quarter of 2016. Could you please communicate timelines for releasing this crucial feature for many business?

If the timeline is still a ways away, please consider opening up a developer testing program to allow some of us to test this functionality. Thank you!

• David Kinnaird commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We esteem to be going backwards in functionality and usability as we move into the cloud - well Microsoft does! Either I ditch the mac, we corporately have to ditch office 365

• Knut commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Groups and Planner in Office 365 gets crippled as this is not possible on Mac. Is there a 3. party tool that can be used as we wait for this function?

• Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're forced to look at a 3rd party app for our iOS users due to this lack of functionality. Very disappointing from a business perspective.

OneDrive Archive: Mac

Feedback and Knowledge Base