or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You guys want to beat Dropbox, this is pretty much the first thing to consider. :/

• Matt Dawdy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with everyone commenting. This is a no-brainer. All the cloud sharing products have had this for years.

• Jerome Morard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Douglas Pearce, are you still looking at the suggestion ? Is it possible do have a feedback on this request that will make my life much easier.

• Wingsteed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let's see...upload a pw zip file that can be brute forced. How about leveraging the power of MS resources to prevent file and folder level access in the first place?

• Shadetree Sam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not generally very critical of Microsoft, because I have some understanding of just how much work is required to make even the smallest product change in the context of a large, complex organization. But this should be a complete no-brainer. It's so obvious, I was more surprised that it wasn't part of the first release than by the fact it hasn't been added to the product since then. I also know that a lot of really good ideas don't get anywhere because it requires a truly Herculean effort to make an effective business case in large companies where so many factors are involved. Add to that the fact that as companies grow larger the corporate culture invariably begins to favor the safety of saying no, and you begin to understand the problem, and why this Alice doesn't live there anymore.

Is this wo hard to implement? I'm not a programmer nor do i know anything about it. But is it that difficult to add this option? I use OneDrive mostly for work, and I can't keep logging in and out all the time to protect some of the sensetive files. My uneducated guess would be this a days work for one skilled programmer.

• Mike Abbas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a one drive user for several years I feel a desperate need of folder level security. Without the folder level security I am hesitant to put any secure files on One drive.
        It's time for Microsoft to work on security.

• Richard Washington commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I could really do with this feature being added. I would love to role OneDrive out across our organisation but for the most part not having a second security layer prevents that.

I am about to pitch switching from BOX to OneDrive.... It would help if I could say that users will still be able to password protect files.
        We collaborate with outside vendors frequently and if I give them an open link without password protection, its a huge security issue.
        Please fix this!

Password protect for a folder would allow creation of a secure backup folder that cannot be encrypted by ransomware that follows on open OneDrive connection from a hacked PC.

Don't think anymore, impletment! It's important that nobody can just pick up my phone or going on my computer, which sometimes I'd forget to lock, while I'm away for coffee and is able to access everything on my OneDrive. I'd like to store things like bank statements, secret love affair emails among other things that I don't want people around me have access to.

• William Redhawk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For a company that prides itself in being at the forefront of technology you should be embarrassed that ypu can't figure a way to password protct individual files or folders within One Drive. I guess all the smart people are at Apple!

• dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

come on MS it cant be that hard, you got me on to onedrive now I cant do what I used to on my fileshares!

POOR! Sort it out - Please!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

OneDrive: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base