or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

come on MS it cant be that hard, you got me on to onedrive now I cant do what I used to on my fileshares!

POOR! Sort it out - Please!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree with the many .. please stop thinking about it and implement this request. How many votes do you need Microsoft to make a request worthy of implementation?

• Liane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please create password protection for OneDrive folders. We have individual personnel files within a folder that we need to be secured. Users have been asking for this since 2014!

Hello Microsoft, Please implement this function. Would help alot of people keeping even safer theyr confidental documents.

• Andreas Seibel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think, Microsoft dont read all the posts. Just looking forward to get more $$$.
        I'm also think, its a basic feature to protect files and folders.

It would be very nice to be able to password protect a link so that I can revoke access to a link without destroying the link itself. That would give me audit capabilities to determine what document an outside party has/had access to.

I have just looked at using one drive, but have been put off by the lack of password protection. Please would you add this.

• Virginia Loughlin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could you please search "password protect" and see how many different posts and votes are associated with this issue? It's crazy you haven't responded to it already.

• Virginia Loughlin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the password protection option for folders and files in OneDrive NOW. Can't believe you didn't include this from the beginning! I like so much about onedrive but can't use it without password protection of files and folders.

• Steven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey, if you want to vote for encrpted OneDrive, please support the "Zero Knowledge Encryption" Feature suggestion. This would mean only the user would have access, and even Microsoft would have no access. This is they only truely safe way for encryption, and used by security focused cloud storage provides, and third party software.

https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/262982-onedrive/suggestions/6423983-encrypt-from-local-device-files-to-onedrive-would

• Steven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey, if you want to vote for encrpted OneDrive, please support the "Zero Knowledge Encryption" Feature suggestion. This would mean only the user would have access, and even Microsoft would have no access. This is they only truely safe way for encryption, and used by security focused cloud storage provides, and third party software.

https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/262982-onedrive/suggestions/6423983-encrypt-from-local-device-files-to-onedrive-would

• Erik Olson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm curious as to why it takes so long to get "standard" features into OneDrive & OneDrive for Business? A single syncing client that supports both OneDrive & Sharepoint took a year+. Password protecting a single file? File access expiration dates? Ability to utilize OneDrive as a "fileshare" similar on on premise servers? All of these are standard, required functionality that all the other guys seem to already have. What good is having 1TB of OneDrive storage if we have to go out and buy another solution just to have functional file sharing?

hi i have a file to share on the one drive with a password , can i share the file and the receiver not to need the password to open file ???

• Bin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this would be a killer feature! i'd love to see it implemented!

• CMal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please combine the ideas about "Password protect", as there are 30+ similar requests.

OneDrive: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base