or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Todd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. Since the files for personal users stored on onedrive at a Microsoft datacenter are not encrypted (only encrypted for a business customer) all the promises that the data is truly private is wishful thinking at best. Control of your data is at the mercy of Microsoft who has full access to the un-encrypted data stored on their systems. There are no checks and balances in this arrangement. Until such time that the data stored on onedrive is actually protected with strong data encryption and not just promises of a secure data center, use of onedrive puts your data at risk.

• Mike Edwards commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to password protect any file in OneDrive. Hey, Apple does it. Why not Microsoft.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree 100%, how come you cannot pw protect a shared link, or even prompt the user to setup and account - please add this!

• James McNally commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would cause me to instantly switch.

For my business I want to share files in a protected manner while not requiring customers to have a login for the service that i have chosen to use. Being able to say heres the link and heres the password makes everyone feel safer.

• Anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a key reason that I pay for Dropbox Pro instead of OneDrive.

If Microsoft implement this, they would have an edge over other cloud based file storages

• Tony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add this functional to mobile device.
        And when items protected - hide them from list recently added.

I recently made a similar sugestion. To be able to lock specific folders would be peace of mind for me. Right now, anybody that can get his hands on an email password or be able to unlock a phone, will be able to access all the cloud content. Is possible to lock individual files, but is just too many passwords. Please add the folder password protection feature! Thanks!

• Ayan Sarkar (Rabbit) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be very nice if the OneDrive folder in Windows 8+ PCs had an option to password protect it or atleast a 4 digit passcode like the Android app. Its like the link to the folder is there on the left hand bar and one click gives access to all my onedrive files to all the users of the PC.

• Pedro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would find it very reassuring that should I lose my device any folders or information stored on One Drive would be protected. Presently I only need to click on the icon and my information is there for me, and also anyone who stole my phone / tablet.

OneDrive: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base