or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Frank Hagan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Especially for business plans, it could make OneDrive suitable for file sharing with customers.

• Curve Appeal Fashion commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, we use one drive for our retail store back up and sharing docs, but there are docs i do not wish for every employee to see and would love to password protect them so not every employee can see them.

• Ricky Day commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well said! Cannot believe a company that is soo concerned about our security haven't implemented this already.

Shameful really Microsoft.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

So what about protecting one or more folder with password? I know I have password for onedrive (hotmail account), but it's very likely I will login with my hotmail account from another computer (not mine, like at school) and It's possible I don't logout, or there is "keyloger" installed on pc... so at last some of my folders would be protected with extra password, an less I did access them from public location too..

Microsoft giving 1TB, or Unlimited space for onedrive, and I think protecting extra folders is very important..

• Don commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How about functionality for password protected office documents for mobile devices.

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have no more votes left but if I did I'd vote for this. Great idea.

• Luka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I'd bring this to a step higher and allow users to do a client-side encryption and with a per folder encryption key (password). So if I share some really sensitive data I can provide a key/password to receiving party, and a link, and not even Microsoft should have access to these files. Sure, we can encrypt on our own, but security should be built into apps/clients.

• Bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree! I send folders out daily in email, and with the sensitive nature of these emails, I'd rather have the folder password protected and then I can regulate who has access to the folders/files..

• sanjeev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be nice if you can password protect any folders or files that you want to share.

1 2 3 4 6 Next →

OneDrive: General

Feedback and Knowledge Base