OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

reverse the change that broke the Windows Live Mail photo email feature

Sometime after 21 June, a change was made at OneDrive that made it impossible to use the photo email feature in the Windows Essentials mail client called Windows Live Mail. This feature automates the process of sharing multiple image files, or large ones, by uploading them to OneDrive and sending thumbnail images with links to the online files by email. This no longer works, and there is no sign yet of any remedy from any product team.

The problem is described in this forum post:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/livemail-email/photo-email-feature-broken/d90e9b9e-5344-4941-9d40-edb0a9397a99

There are dozens of threads already started by affected users with many Me too posters and votes, yet no word from Microsoft.

325 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ¡Firedog shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    redirect to support  ·  Douglas Pearce responded  · 

Hi, folks. We are investigating this. Please submit issues directly through “feedback” on the website or shake to send feedback in the mobile apps.

478 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is why I do not like Microsoft Windows. I spend more time troubleshooting problems with Windows and Microsoft than I do doing productive work with the same.

I encountered this issue again today. Home come it has been not working for so many years?! It is really annoying as the photo email gets created ok but fails to send then stops any other emails that I compose from being sent too!

I am absolutely fed up that I can no longer attach individual photos to be sent by Windows Live Mail. I don't want a Photo Album. How can I get back the old simple way of sending photos one by one as an attavchment

چگونه میتوانم عکسهاو فیدیوها یم را از ویندوز به اندروید وارد کنم

Hello. Does anyone know how to fix this problem. When attach ''one'' photo to an email and send,,the receiver has a button to say ''See all photos'' and gives access to complete olibrary?
        So far microsoft unabale to help and don't seem to know is a problem. I had seen many requests about same with no answer. Now I can't find that page. Thanks.

• Janet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to send photos attached to an email cutting the size down to KB not MB. Could do this before latest time wasting up dates. Oh how I wish I could stop all updates and get rid of all those I have...should I go back to Windows 7 haha

You know what? Today I activated the Windows 10 update, No surprise that now something that wasn't broke now is. I have had problems before with non Windoze programs being affected but now I can no longer forward photographs from mt files as I had been able to do before by right click on the image, select size to be sent, click and up pops Outlook Express email page waiting to be addressed and sent.
        Now, right click on image / photo, select size click,, and vol ah! Nothing happens. Thank you Mr Microsoft.

Yes, this issue is affecting me as well. I am trying to send multiple pictures using the SHARE option to email from my photos, but the email is never received. This is ridiculous

• eee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

7 December 2018 At the end of the day it would appear that Microsoft do not give a d... about what people say or think on this problem.as long as we continue to downloading their software. Shame there is no something that is better and gives us, the users, what we want. Yes I am aware of Linux etc.

• Bryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is the last response from Microsoft dated July 7, 2015, over two years ago?!? Are there any updates on when this will be fixed?

Is it fixed yet? Windows Photos allows one to select pictures and "share" using the default email app. Could be any simpler and it shouldn't be any more complicated, yet no message is sent. What's the answer? It is unreasonable to think that users should go to some sort of kleugey work around when MS should be able to make it work using all MS apps.

I have windows 10 and it is impossible to send pics. What is the matter with Microsoft, why can't they sort it? Never had this problem prior to switching to Windows 10.

• Winnie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have this same issue. I now use my gmail account to send photos. Most answers seem to be for sending multiple photos which I seldom do. I don't understand why windows 7 eliminated Outlook Express which was excellent and gave us windows live. It took a long time to get use to this and not being able to send photos is a nuisance. Also, there is sometimes a problem sending an att'ch. some recipients receive and some don't. Bring back Outlook Express, Outlook.com is useless.

• W Barker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't open Jpegs in windows mail anymore, since about 21 June.
        These e-mails with jpeg photos open in my Sansung Galaxy OK, but not on my PC

← Previous 1 3 4 5 23 24

OneDrive Archive: Windows

Feedback and Knowledge Base