OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

I suggest you ...

OneDrive Files On-Demand

Allow an online sync only for OneDrive, like Windows 8.1 file explorer did.
Most of PC don't have enough storage to keep files on HDD.
That will really improve productivity !

26,100 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Simonrdz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I’m proud to announce that OneDrive Files On-Demand is now rolling out with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (https://twitter.com/onedrive/status/920288442965164033). Whether you use a personal OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, or SharePoint Online, you can now browse all your files without filling up your disk and take advantage of the rich features of File Explorer. Read more about how you can start using OneDrive Files On-Demand & skip ahead if it hasn’t been rolled out to you yet (https://t.co/YFxsqB3JNb). Learn more about deploying Files On-Demand in your organization (https://t.co/zjAQJnbQlo). Thanks to all of you for the emphatic support, and a special thanks to our incredible self-hosters in the Windows Insider Program!

1206 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Richard Crowley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need a ubiquitous client that supports all these features on Mac OS, and other versions of Windows 7 and not the latest version of Windows 10. There can't be two ways of working, depending upon which OS you have. Thanks.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am trying to get into my OneDrive file and cannot....I´ve done something wrong or it is blocked, and I urgently need to get into it.

• BChuck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's going to be bittersweet once we finally get this feature in the fall. On the one hand, this is the feature we've been screaming to come back for a couple years now. On the other, I'll have one less thing to do in my weekly routine; coming to this thread to receive a hearty laugh while I empathize with fellow OneDrive users. I feel like we've all grown closer since the release of Windows 10, and I'll miss each of you on this thread dearly.

Thank you for the friendships you've blessed me with Jason Moore. Perhaps when I receive my 3 votes back I'll find somewhere else to put them and find a new budding community of frustrated Microsoft users.

• Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Saw the announcement of the coming to Windows this fall. Any news for suppot on macOS?

• Jeremy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I checked all day today. Nothing so far at Build. How long should we all hold our breath?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its crazy - you can map a drive to online only folders, but then Windows 10 adds "microsoft account/' before your account, so youhave to remove that everytime you boot.

Either MS dont want it to work, or their testing is fubar

• Chase Roth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Last update on this topic...Sept 27th of 2016!!! Come on! We cannot move THOUSANDS OF STUDENTS to use OneDrive on laptops that have 128 GB/256 GB hard drives. Not to mention, shared computers that will have a hundred students sharing the machines and all of them requiring sync instead of just stubs to online-mode content. If this isn't out in the next couple weeks or at least start of summer, we go again another year NOT BEING ABLE TO UTILIZE ONEDRIVE!

Now Is the time to implement!

• Earl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a feature that is an absolute necessity. Trying to convince both our Mac and Windows user to use SharePoint instead of a file server. This would be huge!

• Cloud Newbie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the cloud is for saving mass storage data, is is completely useless if I have to sync every file

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Utterly disgrace. Moving a company to "the CLOD!!!!" - but can only synd files if they are also locally. REALLY good job selling "1TB of online storage" when MS know that 99% of ALL company laptops have a 250GB SSD. O M G.

• Joshua commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

come on guys, can we get this feature back...I can't revert to Windows 8...so I will have to cancel my Onedrive account..please

• Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Common guys so difficult is to implement this feature? What kind of coders do you have on Microsoft? I can implement it in one day.

• Wadhnak Samnang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow an online sync only for OneDrive, like Windows 8.1 file explorer did.
    Most of PC don't have enough storage to keep files on HDD.
    That will really improve productivity ! please help and support

OneDrive Archive: Windows

Feedback and Knowledge Base