OneDrive

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 100 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Files on demand, automatic cleanup

When using files on demand over time, OneDrive will start to sync a lot of files which after some time will become inactive. Today the user would have to right-click the OneDrive-folder and select Clean up in order to stop the sync of these files and delete the local files stored on the user's device.

I propose a new optional feature. When files or folders have been inactive for a period of time (say 30 days) I would like OneDrive to automatically clean up, deleting the locally stored files and folders but still keeping them in the cloud.

It should…

482 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      21 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • shared by me

Could you add a menu "Shared by me" (similar as "Shared with me") in OneDrive web interface on the left side menu?

More about the user need: on OneDrive, files and folder are shared "only you" by default but you can share files/folders hidden in folders or sub-folders which stay unshared. Over time it becomes very hard to see what you shared, thus having this page view of all files/folders "shared by me" would be very convenient for users...

295 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        4 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • SYNC SHARED FOLDERS Without Duplicate Files!!

Right now, syncing shared folders is a NIGHTMARE because of the duplicate files it creates. This is unfortunate because it creates more work than it's worth. I understand this is currently a design limitation, but if it could be fully supported and implemented to support syncing shared folders, I feel businesses everywhere that use OneDrive would benefit GREATLY!!
        This would allow users to access the files from the shared folder as they do now, as well as access the files from OneDrive cloud - and the changes would sync from either direction, thus allowing users in office and out of…

40 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          1 comment  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Ability for OneDrive Admins to Flag Folders as "Do Not Sync"

Ability for OneDrive Administrators to flag some folders in individual users cloud based OneDrive for Business libraries as “do not sync” so that the end-user cannot check them in the Next Gen Sync Client (NGSC) for synchronization to their local machine. The NGSC should honor that attribute and show the folder as “greyed out” – possibly with a hover over pop-up message stating that the folder cannot be synchronized locally because of IT policy.

Options should be available for bulk application to all users OneDrive folders by specifying a folder name (or folder name pattern) to be flagged as non-synchronizable,…

226 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            4 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Permission user folders

Good work!
            We are testing the synchronization between different dividends in SharePoint linked to user accounts.
            We have encountered an unnecessary problem.
            When a user has no permissions for a folder, it appears with a red cross and sync message appears.

In the mobile app, the folders for which the user is not authorized does not appear, so it should be.
            When do you plan to fix this?

169 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              5 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Implement the feature to change the number of date specified to search for Office 365 audit logs.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):Office 365 監査ログの検索範囲として指定できる日数について

Implement the feature to change the number of date specified to search for Office 365 audit logs.
              -------
              ■Description_JP (内容):Office 365 監査ログの検索範囲として指定できる日数について、現在 90 日以内となっているが、範囲を変更できる機能、または 90 日以前のログを取得できる機能の実装を希望。 

I am aware of the current scope of search for Office 365 audit logs is limited within 90 days, but I hope the feature will be implemented to change the date scope or to acquire the logs prior 90 days.
              -----

28 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Allow selecting the destination of the [Share with me] Sync folder freely.

■Title(件名):同期フォルダーのアイコンと場所について

Allow selecting the destination of the [Share with me] Sync folder freely.
                ■Description(内容):
                ​OneDrive for Business にて、 [Shared with me] 内のフォルダーを同期した際に、エクスプローラー内にビルのアイコンが作成される。このビルのアイコンを、タスクバーにも表示させられるようにしたい。また、[自分と共有] の同期フォルダーは、自分の OneDrive for Business の同期フォルダーと別の場所に作成されるが、同じ場所に作成することもできるよう、選択ができるようにして欲しい。

We recognized that building icons are automatically created in Explorer when synchronizing folders in [Shared with me] for OneDrive for Business.
                I would like you to implement the feature in which the user can make displayed this building icon to the taskbar. In addition, the Sync folder of [Shared with me] is created in a different location of the personal OneDrive for Business Sync folder, but hope I would be able…

16 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Bulk seperate link generated for all the files inside a folder

Bulk seperate link generated for all the files inside a folder (To a csv/excel/text)
                  Scenario :
                  I have 100 PDF files inside a folder named Certificates. Need to send Certificate 1 link to student 1 and so on. If I can have 100 links in one click to a file I can achieve sending mails with link easily with mail merge.
                  So basically looking for an option to generate separate links for each files in a folder with one click listed of generating link for each files separately

14 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    2 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • increase the file upload limit

Please increase the file upload limit from 15GB! With ever increasing file sizes from the media workflow, especially with 4K content, the 15GB limit can be quite a bummer at times!

79 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      2 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Improve the sharing OneDrive for Business.

■Title(件名):OneDrive for Business での共有について

Improve the sharing OneDrive for Business.
                      -------
                      ■Description_JP (内容):OneDrive for Business にて、[特定のユーザー] という設定で共有設定をすると、共有アイテムにアクセスする際、Microsoft アカウントか、Office 365 アカウントを使用してのサインインが必要になる。共有相手がアカウントを持っているとは限らないのと、取得の手間を考えると、他の方法で認証できるようにして欲しい。

In case I get accessed the shared items in OneDrive for Business after the sharing setting using the [Specific User], The sigh-in used by Microsoft account or Office 365 account is requested. However, not all the shared users have their own accounts and acquiring those accounts takes a lot of trouble. Therefore, I hope that the [Specific User] will be authenticated by other methods.
                      -----

16 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Improve the behavior of Office client for Mac.

■Title(件名):Mac 版の Office クライアントについて

Improve the behavior of Office client for Mac.
                        -------
                        ■Description_JP (内容):Mac 版の Office クライアントを使用しているが、Windows 版に比べ機能が劣ると感じている。Excel にて名簿を作成する際、ふりがなが追加できないことや、できてもアルファベットの入力以外受け付けない、または入力自体ができないこともある。そして日時表示で和暦を選択可能であるにもかかわらず西暦でしか表示されないなど、不便に感じているので、改善してほしい。 

I use the Office client for Mac, but I would say that the feature is inferior to that for Windows. I am currently unable to show the reading of Chinese characters by writing the kana at the name list in Excel nor am I able to add the kana to its list although inputting alphabet it possible. Furthermore, I am able to show only the western calendar even if I can select the Japanese calendar at the…

13 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Local Disk Storage Limits

Save our users from themselves.

We desperately need a solution to limit how much data is synced to the local disk by the OneDrive Sync Client. In an Enterprise scenario, where it's beneficial to allow large amounts of storage in the cloud, there is often not enough local storage to accommodate a user's full data store. Selective sync doesn't satisfy organizational concerns about using up local disk space. Even files-on-demand is leaving a lot of trepidation at the management level. Users will typically just choose to sync everything without thinking of the consequences.

I propose an enforceable policy (GPO or…

22 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Improve the feature of synchronizing more than 100,000 items on a stable basis for OneDrive.

I am aware of the behavior the restriction mentioned that the sync performance will possibly deteriorate when the stored items in the library exceed 100,000 items more. However, I need to operate this process frequently so that I wish the feature will be improved enables sync more than 100,000 items on a stable basis as soon as possible.

Although I have concerns about if the synchronization is going to be impossible to proceed unexpectly, but so as MS described as "We are working on optimization of OneDrive to improve processing of many Libraries." below the Reference information.

Title: Restrictions on…

344 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              13 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Correct the published information of "Collaborative Editing" in Excel Client.

■Title(件名):Excel クライアントでの共同編集について

Correct the published information of "Collaborative Editing" in Excel Client.
                              ■Description(内容):
                              https://support.office.com/ja-jp/article/excel-7152aa8b-b791-414c-a3bb-3024e46fb104 の URL にて、Excel クライアントで共同編集が可能であることが案内されている。しかし実際に機能を利用するには、Office 365 テナントの先行リリース機能を有効にする必要がある。公開情報にその旨の記載がなく、通常の機能として利用可能なものだと考えていたので、情報は正しく発信してもらいたい。

I found the article that mentioned the Collaborative Editing is now available in Excel Client.

Title: Collaborate on Excel workbooks at the same time with co-authoring
                              URL: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Collaborate-on-Excel-workbooks-at-the-same-time-with-co-authoring-7152aa8b-b791-414c-a3bb-3024e46fb104?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

But actually, it is necessary to enable the pre-release function of Office 365 tenant in order to use it. Since there is no statement in the public information, the users may misunderstand what is available as a standard feature.

Therefore, please consider correcting the published information to the…

13 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Improve the behavior regarding the name setting of OneDrive for Business sync folder.

■Title(件名):OneDrive for Business の同期フォルダーについて

Improve the behavior regarding the name setting of OneDrive for Business sync folder.
                                -------
                                ■Description_JP (内容):OneDrive for Business にて同期の設定をすると、OneDrive - 〇〇 (テナント名) というフォルダーが作成される。管理者にてテナント名を変えることでこのフォルダー名を変えることも可能ではあるが、同期フォルダーの名前を自由に決められるようにして欲しい。

When I set the synchronization into OneDrive for Business, the folder of [OneDrive - "tenant name"] is created. Although I am aware that this folder name can be changed by the admin's changing the tenant name, I hope that I will be able to set freely the name into the sync folder.
                                -----

13 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Improve the Accessibility to "Site Settings" in OneDrive for Business.

■Title(件名):OneDrive for Business の [サイトの設定] について

Improve the Accessibility to "Site Settings" in OneDrive for Business.
                                  ■Description(内容):
                                  現在、ライセンスに SharePoint Online が含まれない、または含まれていても有効にしていない状態で OneDrive for Business を利用する際、[サイトの設定] にアクセスすることができなくなっている。設定内の機能には直接 URL を入力してアクセス可能だが、不便なので OneDrive for Business の画面のどこかにリンクを設置するなど、アクセスをし易くしてほしい。

We would inform you that we cannot access to the "Site Settings" without the license or permission of SharePoint Online when using OneDrive for Business. Although we can access the Settings by entering the URL directly, however, it does take a while to doing this process each time.

Please improve the accessibility by setting up a link somewhere on the screen of OneDrive for Business.

Thank…

13 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Specifiy folder Language per user

As the default Language of a OneDrive Site is set by location of your tenant, all our OneDrive Sites have English as default language. That means that all Folders, which are created by default (like Attachments, Notebooks, etc.) are also displayed in English. Please make it possible to specifiy the OneDrive Defauld language or the language for those Folders for individual users, because not everyone in our company is capable of speaking English.

26 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Renable inheritance when removing limited users (remove users access from all files)

In OneDrive, on a Document Library, you can go to library permissions, show limited users and remove a limited user. This appears to recursively remove the user access on all child objects in the library. This is definitely useful in the scenario e.g., I want to completely remove Bob's access to all files. The downside though is that currently, even if the remove on child object effectively leaves the object without unique permissions inheritance is not re-enabled. It would be beneficial to add a check during this removal to renable inheritance where appropriate (i.e., file and nearest parent with unique…

25 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        1 comment  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Implement the feature to enable next sync client to share with external users.

■Title(件名):次世代同期クライアントでの外部ユーザーとの同期機能について

Implement the feature to enable next sync client to share with external users.
                                        -------
                                        ■Description_JP (内容):次世代同期クライアントでの外部ユーザーとの同期機能について、実装を希望。 

I hope that OneDrive for Business's feature will enable the next generation sync client to synchronize with external users.
                                        -----

10 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Enable the use of OneDrive for Business [Site Setting].

■Title(件名):OneDrive for Business で [サイトの設定] を利用できるようにしてほしい

Enable the use of OneDrive for Business [Site Setting].
                                          -------
                                          ■Description_JP (内容): 
                                          [要望]
                                          割り当てられているライセンスに SharePoint Online が含まれないユーザーであっても、OneDrive for Business の [サイトの設定] を利用できるようにしてほしい。
                                          [状況]
                                          下記の公開情報で、調査の結果として、SharePoint Online が含まれるサブスクリプションのライセンスを割り当てられていないユーザー (例 : OneDrive for Business 単体ライセンス、Office 365 Business ライセンスなどを利用しているユーザー) について、[サイトの設定] を利用できないのは、現時点での最新の動作で、OneDrive for Business の利用をより簡易にするために最近展開された設定であることが記載されている。
                                          <参考情報>
                                          タイトル : [調査終了] OneDrive for Business の "サイトの設定" 画面を表示することができない
                                          アドレス : https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/5c841ab9-7b02-4f41-9a2c-56893f32a207
                                          [背景]
                                          元々、SharePoint Online が含まれないユーザーであっても、OneDrive for Business の [サイトの設定] は利用できていた。これが突然利用できなくなるのは大変不便である。
                                          記憶域メトリックスや言語設定、地域設定について URL を直接入力する必要がある。また、ライブラリの設定についてもこれまでは [サイトの設定] からアクセスしていたので、[従来の OneDrive に戻す] などの UI 変更を行う必要が発生した。
                                          これらは大変使い勝手が悪く、また、予告なくこのような大きな設定変更を実施する開発部門には不信感を持っている。
                                          今回の設定変更について元に戻し、SharePoint Online が含まれないユーザーであっても、OneDrive for Business の [サイトの設定] を利用できるようにしてほしい。

[Request]
                                          Enable the users whose assigned licenses does not include…

10 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 139 140
                                          • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive

Feedback and Knowledge Base