OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ideas -- facial recognition / geo sort by

Have the ability to filter/sort photos by geo location stored in photo or manually enter into an album.

Facial recognition and sorting by ability.

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to control filename for camera roll picure upload

Hello,
    I would like to request the ability to control the file naming for files that are uploaded from my phone's camera to the OneDrive Camera roll folder. For example I would like to photos to include the date taken, the time taken, as part of the filename for example: 2013-06-21 21.27.42

59 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please bring official support for popular Linux distributions to OneDrive, such as Ubuntu, Linux Mint, and Debian.

Please bring official support for popular Linux distributions to OneDrive, such as Ubuntu, Linux Mint, and Debian.

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Merge Work Folders, OneDrive, and OneDrive for Business

I feel like the whole offering with OneDrive is really fragmented and needs to be simplified. There are a lot of good features spread across different products that should really be bought together a lot better. I wish there was just one app that users could install on clients for both business and personal, with some way to switch accounts.

Anyway I have some customers that I am trying to move away from Google Apps and Dropbox to Office 365. One feature customers are really keen for, and would really help to convince them to move, is a way that…

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. PDF file sizes

When saving scans from iPhone pls allow black and white option or provide an option to reduce scan file size

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Placeholders and sync only recent files

For the first sync, I like placeholders but I can see the disadvantage of not having data when you need it.

I think it would be good to have the option to download all the files that have been accessed/opened/written within the last *** days.

That way, you can custom download the most important recent files(depending on overall size) AND have placeholders.

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. shared music folder

My cd collection is ripped to mp3. I use the Music folder and Groove streaming to listen to it on my devices. This folder is shared with my wife, son and my work live account. Groove for my work account, wife's account or sons account can't use this shared library. It appears in OneDrive clients fine and media player can use it but not Groove in Windows 10 or on mobile. I understand concerns over shares and legal aspect so limit number of people it's shared with like office home. Or only allow same users access ..

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Music

One song needs to play after another when they are in the same file

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow incremental file sync.

Currently, when large files change even a little bit, the whole file must be reuploaded.

Changes to a file since the last sync should be uploaded instead of the entire file contents.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow for Full.... Full screen slideshows.

The other day I had some guests over to view my latest trip photos on onedrive. I was disapointed that even in magnified mode the images weren't full screen. Microsoft slideshow for files on a computer are really full size while onedrive images aren't. Info borders are nice but full (really full) size images should be the priority.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Support for encrypted files

I have sensitive documents on my computer that I'd like to put on Onedrive, but they would need to be encrypted. I could encrypt them with a program like AxxCrypt, but in Onedrive the only way I can use it is to download it and run the program. This could be simpler.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Unlimited Cloud Storage

Google Photos give us Unlimited storage!! please do the same. I like onedrive more than Google

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. slideshow capability on mobile devices

Built in Slideshow support on OneDrive for all devices, ie web, windows phone, ios, android, pc.

I should be able to start a slideshow on any of these devices of my pictures directly from the OneDrive app, not have to download the pictures frist.

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Possibility to exclude .git, node_modules, etc. files/folders

Old feature request: "Exclude wanted folder or file names from sync" was flagged as "Not right now" and the request was closed.

What about now? Is now a good time to implement this?

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Shared folders on every user's desktop (filesystem)

Currently, when sharing files the full access is only via the web site. I'd like to see the ability to sync shared folders onto the local file system for every user it's shared with.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add possibility to add and sync files and folders outsider the OneDrive folder

It's just ridiculous that it's not possible to specify files and folders outside the OneDrive folder in the client. Everything needs to be copied in the OneDrive folder in order to upload and sync to OneDrive. I don't want to put all my files and folders on my hard drive in the OneDrive folder. Specify locations and paths in the client would be so much easier and more comfortable and the files would sync immediatly.

I do not understand why you say that you depper integrate OneDrive in Windows 10 when you still force users to use the OneDrive folder…

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow sharing of Music and Pictures folders between users in a family account

Now that it's possible to stream the content of the Music directory with XBox music, it would be great to let multiple accounts share the one source of files - at least between family members in a family account. This would mimic many people's existing use-case of having one store of files on a NAS or server in the home, then letting everyone stream simultaneously from this.

When one account shares their "Music" folder, this shared link isn't recognised by XBox music, as only the real "Music" folder is found.

My workaround is to share my Music folder with the…

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Have data and metadata checksums to help sync speed and consistency, save data transfer bandwidth (deduplication)

Each file should have a checksum. It should even be exposed for the user to be able to assess whether the file changed. I won't get into whether you should implement MD5, SHA1, SHA256 or whatever, as long as there is one.

Actually there should be two checksums:

data checksum: the file contents are checksummed and result in a checksum which is part of the file's metadata.
    metadata checksum: stuff like filename, creation date, last change date, data checksum, is all checksummed into this other checksum. stuff like full directory path stays out since it extrapolates beyon the file specific…

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)