OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bulk Upload Tool

Create a bulk upload tool (like the one Amazon has) to allow bulk uploading of large files and folders (with over 100,000 files and over 200Gb in size). These folders could be network shares as well. This will really allow us to easily bootstrap OneDrive with the data we need before the sync magic kicks in.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show confirmation before deleting a large number of files/big amount of data

When syncing starts and a large number of files is about to be deleted, please have an option of presenting a confirmation dialog before deletions take place. This dialog should clearly mention something to the effect "if you proceed with syncing you are about to delete XX Gigabytes of files / YY number of files on either your local drive or on OneDrive".

This could be especially useful in various cases a user (made a mistake and) hasn't realized what would get changed after eg having stopped automatic syncing for a while, changed local syncing folders, etc.

The user could…

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create the ability to track file (video & photo) views

It would be nice to track the views and shares of different files on OneDrive. Particularly photos and video.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. "True" cloud storage with NetDrive-like feature

NetDrive is an application that lets you access files in cloud storage without downloading said files to your computer first.

I think OneDrive should be the first out of all its competitors to support this!
    I would love to have the ability to use OneDrive as "true" cloud storage, without having to download the files onto my computer or smartphone and thus consuming MUCH less storage space and using less data.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Automatic upload should organize photos into separate folders by Year.

It will be very useful if we have the photos automatically organized by year instead of mixing all the photos in a single folder.
    So every time you start a new year, onedrive automatically creates a new folder for the photos of that new year.

The directory could be something like:
    Images> Camera roll> 2013 Photos / 2014 Photos /2015 Photos ... etc.

Currently, it is difficult to find an old photo in my camera roll folder that has about 2000 photos (all together) taken since 2012. This feature will greatly assist in the organization, management and loading of photos.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow Browsing and Fetching Files from ANY connected Device

There used to be a feature called "Fetch my files" which disappeared with Windows 8.1

Please bring it back by allowing me to select not only "One Drive" and "This PC" from the drop-down in the Modern app, but allow me to select any of my other connected PCs (connected via the same Microsoft ID). I should be able to grab a file from any of them, no matter where I am in the world, as long as the other device is on and available.

You get a similar function from the "HomeGroup" node in File Explorer on Desktop, but…

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. OneDrive background colour should be black as it was before!

There is many messages about same thing.
    Why don't you do something about it?
    You just can't look pictures on white background :(
    I'm going to find new cloudservice!

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Camera uploads

It would be nice to be able to choose which folder the camera uploads to

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow Several Computers to use the same One Drive account regardless of the Office 365 Username they use on each computer

Just like DropBox allows, OneDrive needs to allow a person to have the same OneDrive account on different computers (in my case, 3). I have different Office 365 accounts on these computers (I use 3 emails to manage things... yes, not ideal). But I want the ability to open up OneDrive and have it be the same on these 3 different computers (2 laptops and 1 desktop). DropBox allows this. I was in the Bellevue Square store speaking with a Tech, and he said it could be done. But then I find out that my files ARE NOT syncing properly.…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Sync

Add sync button to force sync; for all device types
    Display message Show syncing when syncing
    Add tags for files to search
    Add local to keep file local
    Add favorite
    Add indicator that upload to cloud / device / how much / how long

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Backup Function

It would be nice if it were possible to restore a "snapshot" of the OneDrive files, if the files have been deleted unintended.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Restore massive files/folder based on date

Allow to select a date and restore all files/folder related to the date (example: restore after cryptolocker or accidental massive delete or accidental massive move, rename, etc.)

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow AD synced users to change language

Currently, users synchronized with company local AD via Azure AD are not able to change their language in OneDrive or any other places via settings. Users should be able to change that and override the AD language setting, which is usually not used in Active Diretories or is not accurate. More info: http://www.lieben.nu/liebensraum/2015/03/change-office-365-portal-language-for-synced-users/

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow synchronized libraries to be renamed and organized in folders.

Each document library sync'd from SharePoint gets a default and unchangeable name, up to 36 characters. OneDrive auto-creates this based on the site name (up to 30 characters) " - ", and the library name (whatever's left over).

All this is default behavior and fine as a default, but the fact that you can't rename or organize sync'd libraries means that if a site has lots of libraries and the site name is too long, the sync's libraries are hard to tell apart based on the three characters at the end of the file name that differentiate them.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add animated gif support

Please, add animated gif support so we can sync customs smiles and emoticons to share them via emails, chats... Currently gifs imagines are shown as statics gif making hard to decide which one to use. This will make of one drive a killer app, !,!

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. please I need a 5TB plan, 5 different accounts don't work for me!!

We need more than 1TB! and why we can have the 5TB for just one user?
    There is no point on having a cloud drive for backup if you have less of a half of space than your computer.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. improve download speeds

Sync speeds are STILL laughable despite your claims to have fixed them. I have a 60Mbps cable internet connection - checked this morning and I consistently achieve 50-55 Mbps - yet download from Onedrive comes today at a sluggish 0.7 Mbps. Hopeless when you have even quite a modest music library to be transferred.

I will be moving away from Onedrive to an alternative product unless this improves very soon.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Release notes

Whenever the app is updated, we need to guess what the changes were. Please add release notes or a change log to the update.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Sort Remember Default

All I would like to ask for is if the application can remember the sorting method used. So for example; x folder has 'sort by last modified' and every time I go in the folder, it remains the same. Set a default for all to work this way is fine with me too. Please advise...

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add geolocation to photo(s) through onedrive.com / mobile apps (eg iOS)

It would be great if we could edit/add geolocation data to an already uploaded photo / multiple photos at a time, either from an existing (uploaded) photo or by manually specifying GPS coordinates.

One should not have to download a photo from onedrive, modify its geolocation data and then re-upload it, especially when we could be dealing with hundreds of photos at a time.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

OneDrive Archive

Feedback and Knowledge Base