OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a way to hide the green check mark icon when a file is uploaded to OneDrive

After downloading Windows 10, I have noticed when a file is uploaded to OneDrive, a green check mark is seen on top of the file icon. I appreciate the notification yet I can't get rid of the icon/check mark. I would like a way to either hide or disable the check mark once the file is uploaded.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Tagging

I like the idea of tagging pictures but i cant select multiple pics and tag them all at the same time

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option to delete the source file.

Why dont you have a checkbox option in the onedrive app to delete the source file after its uploaded. While seleting the files provide two options - (1)Only upload files & (2) Upload and delete the source files. It becomes very confusing if you have a lot of files to manage in your device.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Remember Page on PDF / WORD / EXCEL / PPT / EPUB DOCS

Please make it Remember Page on PDF / WORD / EXCEL / PPT / EPUB documents... so that as soon as the file is reopened in ANY app on the android or apple app, then it jumps to that last page.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Third

This is a simple request surely?!

View options should be like this:
    L i s t (Text view)

T i l e (grey folder files)

P h o t o (displaying images)

OneDrive team need to add a third View option to have photo mode so displays the photos not these only grey folders.

Fix the wasted spacing / gaps between each file.

Onedrive desktop browser version has the third view option which i use daily.
    Mobile iphone App version should have same options in right corner! Photos displayed compact & responsive.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ability to preview .psd and .ai files

Support for Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator file format so you can preview them without having to download and open the file in the Adobe software first

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Improve Download speeds from the OneDrive web access

Your download speeds are pretty much capped at a maximum of 3.5 Mb/s. No one else in cloud storage has this problem. This is a well documented issue. Increase the download speed to the maximum available to the user, or at least match the 10Mb/s every other cloud storage space provider has. I cannot download my files. It's too slow, unless you want to download one at a time.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. upload phone albums

I want my photos to upload in the album I already have them in on my phone so they stay organized and I don't have constantly resort 400+ pics that are manly screenshots anyways

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be nice to make share link for limited time.

It would be nice to have possibility share documents for some limited period. Let say available untilsome date

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add Browsers Favorites list in OneDrive Web page

As favorites are synchronized between all devices using OneDrive, it could be cool to get the list in OneDrive web page.
    From OneDrive, we could organize our favorites and from this page we could share our favorites with pears and add comments or decide to share one favorite on Yammer, FB, Twitter, etc...

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Downloads

As in mobiles , the items to be selected should have a ' Mark & Mark all ' option to select and to download all the items at once .

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Migrate account

Migrate all the data from one Microsoft account to another Microsoft account.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Share local file storage where multiple logins on a workstation use the same Onedrive account

I have multiple logins on my laptop for logging in to the company's domain, my home domain, 'Guest' use by the kids, etc
    They all use the same OneDrive account.

However, OneDrive brings the data down into local storage separately for each login, so I have my 70 GB of files on my laptop several times over.

And each one has to update to a from the cloud each time I log in as a different user.

Offline files seem to recognize the duplication and only keep a single copy on the Workstation.

Can oneDrive not do the same?

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Empty trash

Need a "select all" or "delete all" to delete all files in the trash folder

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Website Hosting

Could you guys give us the option to host websites within OneDrive. The reason why I ask is because I think it will help the next generation want to do web development and seeing their actual work will sort of praise them. Also, uploading files to google drive is MUCH slower than OneDrive, so I would assume that a website hosted in OneDrive would run faster and smoother that google. It would be greatly appreciated if I got a response on why you would/wouldn't do it

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Provide the ability for the admin to set whether to apply the new feature or not advancely.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名): 新しい機能やサービスについて

Provide the ability for the admin to set whether to apply the new feature or not advancely.
    ■Description(内容):
    ​OneDrive for Business のファイル オンデマンドなど、新しい機能やサービスについて、事前通知もなく突然動作が切り替わると、ユーザーは何か問題が発生したのではないかと思ってしまう。新しい機能については事前に通知をして、有効にするかどうかはユーザーに選択をさせてほしい。

Currently, we are concerned that the feature or service will be enabled automatically when a new function is available such as "Files On-Demand" in ​OneDrive for Business.

In order to prevent the unexpected impact or confusion, please provide the ability for the administrator to get a notification and set enable/disable the new feature in advance.

Thank you for your consideration.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Give me my storage back!

Bring Back My 15GB of Storage and 15GB Camera Roll Bounus!!!! Please!!!!!

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Share the same file in different folders

In SharePoint, the ability to choose a file (or folder) and share it in multiple folders. Users in Folder A could have edit rights. Users in Folder B could have view rights.

The functionality would really become powerful (in my view) if I could add any file (or folder) to any folder I want. Security permissions could be set at the file (or folder).

The location of the file (or folder) is not important to access/permission. What is important is the right to edit, view, comment, or any other relevant access/permission set.

Ultimately this would remove the requirement that a…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Selective sync-function for files and folders

Today the only way is to control start/stop sync for the whole ondedrive folder. It would be help when I can do it via explorer context-menu that I can select single files or/and folders and can stop/start the sync for these selected files.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

OneDrive Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base