OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix the following security issue on OneDrive

The file download links in the browser download history works after the user signs out of their Microsoft account. It looks like...the file download does not require user authentication.

Consider this situation.....
    I am using a public PC. I login, download a personal file. Read it, delete the file permanently from the hard drive, logout and leave.

Now some anonymous person uses the same PC. He can go to browser file download history. Of course the file is not in the PC Hard Drive any more. But if he clicks on the link in the download history, the file downloads.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix OneDrive

The last two weeks or so the free space on my hard drive shrinks by about 4g bytes a day. I found files in the temp folder called aria-debugger that are around 40 g bytes each, and they keep getting bigger. I can't uninstall OneDrive, and disabling it doesn't stop the problem. As the files are constantly growing, they can't be erased, and even if they are erased, new ones are created. I understand that the last update had the bug in OneDrive. Please fix and advise.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. SVN issues with on demand sync

With the new client on fall creators update (the one with on demand sync) basically no SVN clients I've tried can see that a svn versioned folder is actually versioned.

VS can, but them it has it own share of problems not opening some files inside a onedrive folder (when on demand is active).

Even if I chose to make the folder always synced it makes no difference. The only think I tried that solved the problem was deactivating on demand syncing from the client altogether.

For now I've had problems with Visual Studio and SVN clients opening files from…

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Case-sensitive filesystem support for OneDrive sync. Seriously, it's past 1985... Wake up!

Case-sensitive filesystem support for OneDrive sync, on Mac. Time to get in this millennium!

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix syncing folder shared from another organization

It is about error as described in this Technet post:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/751f0245-9b76-4494-af35-bad00a3591f7/syncing-folder-shared-from-another-organization-in-onedrive-for-business?forum=onlineservicessharepoint

The Sync Client throws an error when trying to sync shared folder from another organization.
    It is saying, "Sorry, OneDrive can't add your folder right now" & "Sorry, you might not have permissions for this folder, or it may belong to another organization".

It actually IS from another organization, but it was shared with me, and I can access it in browser.

Sync Client version 17.3.6799.0327 (which should be the newest version as I am writing this).

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. OneDrive Sync Client Preview Bug: syncs files with Read Only mode

I am currently evaluating OneDrive Sync Client Preview from this link: http://aka.ms/sposyncpreview

One issue that I want to report, the synced file in local computer drive has become Read-Only mode, only on particular synced document library.

I was trying to sync 2 SharePoint Document Libraries, in which all of them I have access as "Full Control". One of the locally synced document libraries, has its icon on all files and folders set to green padlock (read-only) instead of green checkmark. It's due to Write permission set to Deny automatically by OneDrive Sync Client Preview, although I have Full Control permission…

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. hidden/system folder or drive full causes OneDrive to crash and re-sync everything!

When the OneDrive Client (windows 10) hits a folder it can't read (such as the System Volume Information on drives mounted as folders) it crashes and makes you have to re-configure and re-sync everything. It also does that if the drive it works on is full. After re-sync, it re enables all folders, even the ones you did not want to sync, causing even more problems.

It will sit for hours and hours "processing changes" before letting me uncheck folders or actually syncing again.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. improve video streaming

I have noticed for a while now that video streaming via my OneDrive is, to put it mildly, horrible. Not just my account but also the experience on other family accounts too. Videos I have recorded with my Windows Phone are uploaded and shared to family. Either via the web, the onedrive app on mobile devices and my Xbox One, there is constant buffering. This experience is the same on difference types of quality connections (100/15 residential & 50/12 commercial)

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make opening Office files from OneDrive asynchronous, i.e. non-blocking

When opening an Office document from OneDrive (doesn't matter if Business or regular), it is tried to dynamically update the document from the server (i.e. SharePoint). This works well when you don't have an internet connection (the offline document is used) or if you have an internet connection.

Things get ugly fast if your connection is slow (e.g. mobile) or laggy or bad in general. I have had PowerPoint/Word lock up multiple times in front of customers because they were either saving to SharePoint (modal dialog popup with none-saying progress bar) or the logos of the applications were "loading" forever…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Improve the quality of the preview

I know bandwidth is all, but the quality of a pdf preview or the streaming of a video from OneDrive is at the moment so lousy, that it can not be used.
    PDF word previews can not be read at all. Download and open - perfect. Same with the videos.
    So if you can't handle the bandwidth, don't offer it. But if you offer it, make it that way, that it can be used!

Nevertheless - good progress in development within the last month!
    BR, Fritz

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Offline/online

Now it appears that when I right-clicks folder and make it available online or offline only this experience is not very smooth. Sometimes I make a folder available online only but some sub folders and files are still offline unless I change them explicitly again. Same apply to offline only folders. Not an ideal user experience. Please fix it.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please remove 20,000 file limit

You MUST remove the 20,000 file limit.

It's the only reason I don't fully switch from google drive!

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Files On-Demand status icons not working correctly

The Files On-Demand syncing seems to be working correctly, but the status icons displayed are often inaccurate.

Most often it will show 'Sync pending' when OneDrive in the notification area says it's 'Up to date', even when every file/folder inside that folder is showing the same status.

Another instance is the status will show as 'Available on this device', but right-clicking the folder will correctly show a check mark next to 'Always keep on this device' on the right-click menu.

Lastly, I'm not sure if this is intended, but I set one folder as 'Always keep on this device' and…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Video shows black screen on Android OneDrive app

When I play videos one the Android OneDrive app it just shows a black screen. The sound works fine. Everything is up to date and the video is a mp4 (This problem extends to all videos in various formats).
    I'm using a OnePlus 3T (Oreo), but it seems that there are many people with different phones with this problem according to a quick search.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Cannot Download Single Item From Search Results

When doing a search in a browser it won't let me download a single file from the results. I have to select 2 files and then the download option appears.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Enable placeholder files so they exist on the cloud, but locally is only a placeholder/shortcut

Agreed, on my Surface 64gb HDD, with all apps and syncing Onedrive leaves me with only 18gb. I wish I could 'See' all the files in the OneDrive Folder, but they be shortcuts. (icon for local, icon for file on the cloud), Not the actual file. If I ever double click it to run it or copy it elsewhere, it should then bring up a 'downloading' progress bar and then download it locally. Let me make my edits, then sync the changes. Offer a right click menu option to take it off local after edits, yet still see the shortcut…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. OneDrive doesn't keep settings for external HDD

If OneDrive folder is on external HDD, the OneDrive app resets settings every time after external HDD was ejected. Each time I plug in external HDD I'm forced to setup OneDrive folder and other settings as first time. It very annoys. Please fix it: give user a choice to keep settings for ejected HDD or reset if he wants.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. "Processing Changes" - This has not been fixed, syncs are not working!

Please fix the "processing changes" error. This occurred after there was a sync error. Multiple users have been reporting this issue and it remains a major issue for multiple users.

I have already unlinked / re-installed OneDrive. Please work on the syncs Microsoft, this is not acceptable.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add Tanzania as a country when asking to verify phone numbers prior to sharing directories

I suggest you add Tanzania as a country when asking to verify a phone number prior to trying to share directories. It is not included in the list!!

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Multiple files Download Option

I have been using One Drive for Business which comes with Microsoft Office 365 University subscription. I have bunch of files that I uploaded from University computer lab sometimes I have to download it from anyother computer.

I found that Microsoft One Drive does not support for multiple file download which is very frustrating and non sense. It took me a lot of time to download single file.

I request Microsoft to have such option that user can download multiple file I think after Yahoo Microsoft will be the next that will going to be sold.

Apart from one drive…

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

OneDrive Archive

Feedback and Knowledge Base