OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix the bug for File-address characters limitation

Fix the bug for file address characters limitations. It is so annoying. every time I add a subfolder or a file with large name the whole onedrive crashes and then I need to sign in and it starts downloading the whole drive (100GB) to my computer. SUch a waste of time and Internet usage.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. PDF file links Inactive!

Links within a PDF file are no longer active when the file is viewed when stored on OneDrive. This did work OK - very frustrating!. Seems to be an online viewing issue as the links work fine when the PDF is downloaded (or a Word version is viewed on OneDrive).

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Find a solution to the OneDrive app for Android repeated 'Sign-in error for <email address>' notifications

Other users and I keep getting the OneDrive app error notification 'Sign-in error for <my email address> ' on my Android phone, even though several times I've tapped it and it's taken me to the app to put my password in. It happens sporadically and very regularly.

I posted on http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/forum/odoptions-odmobile/onedrive-app-for-android-repeated-sign-in-error/d45b37b3-d471-4abc-9448-32e567db417b
    but Arvind Ram, a Microsoft Forum Moderator and Support Engineer has suggested I post on here, which I have.

Solutions please?

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. have One-Drive recognize TIF and NEF files and display them properly!!!!

have One-Drive recognize TIF and NEF files and display them properly!!!!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Spam

I had a spam/phishing attempt by having someone send a .doc file with "wanna hook up" inappropriate content.
    No easy way to quickly remove it from my shared folder other than opening the document and editing, and removing from my shared folder.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow createUploadSession to work for app level tokens

The largest file size that can be uploaded to OneDrive and SharePoint using app level tokens is limited to 4MB. This is because the createUploadSession is not supported with app level tokens. I have already opened a ticket with Microsoft and they recommended that I also post the issue to UserVoice. Here is the URL to the question I posted to stackoverflow.com that was answered by Marc LaFleur at Microsoft. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45219202/cannot-delete-an-upload-session
    My support number is 617071993492551. The timeline given for a fix is "soon". The best estimate that I was given was two months which puts the deadline at the…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Multiple files created when Editing PDF in Android OneDrive 4.12

When editing PDF within Android OneDrive 4.12, multiple files are created. The extra files can't be opened or deleted.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Disabling photo auto-tagging disables places as well.

When I disable auto-tagging in onedrive.com settings, photos with geolocation won't be added to correspond places album anymore. So please allow to disable auto-tagging and retain places functionality.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Stop shifting toolbar buttons

Please stop moving toolbar buttons. When I select file, toolbar buttons shift to the left so DELETE button takes place of the DOWNLOAD button (See image in attachment).
    Because of that I end up deleting so many files.

I don't have time to count toolbar buttons after every action on OneDrive!
    Please stop shifting buttons (hiding). Instead just disable buttons that are not aplicable.

Thank you.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Fix continuously restarting on Windows 10

On my two Windows 10 Pro computers, the OneDrive application continually terminates and then restarts. Each time it restarts, it puts a ghost image in the taskbar area. When I come back to my computer after a while, I have a whole row of these images in the taskbar.

Can we get this fixed? I am not the only one, based on the forum.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/forum/odoptions-oddesktop-sdwin10/onedrive-continuously-restarts-on-my-windows-10/79a8dc53-59bf-427f-b88c-de1d59d419e5

One of these computers is a fresh, clean install of Windows 10 Fall Creators Update that I did 2 weeks ago, and the other computer is my Surface Pro 4 that was upgraded in place…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Groove.exe process too resource intensive

The ODFB exe looks to consume 20-40% of my CPU (tested on multiple clients).

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. OneDrive keeps refreshing in Firefox

I'm using Firefox 45.0.2 on Windows 7 x64, and the OneDrive page keeps refreshing, making it unusable for me. I don't have this problem in IE.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Why do I have three onedrive icons in the systray?!

There is a OneDrive Universal app, the ondrive sync app which now handles both personal, business, and sharepoint sync, and on top of it there is the OneDrive For Business app. The first has no systray icons, the second has two, and the third has another. I don't know what I should uninstall, and whether uninstalling would work. And how they all even got there. I am also seeing that some SharePoint doc sync links are launching OneDrive and others are launching OneDrive for business. What?!

Guys, my computer is not a landfill that you can just dump your dead…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. iOS Share button broken

Clicking on the share button while viewing a photo does not bring up the share options. Very frustrating.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Have OneDrive actually work!!!

I'm so tired of OneDrive bugs. Flashing images. Slow load times with lightning speed internet. Automatic scrolling. Files not found or visible. The list goes on and on and on!!!

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Thumbnails not generated in OneDrive folders anymore

OneDrive on Windows 10 no longer generates file thumbnails in picture folders. I've tried a dozen fixes, so it is directly related to the OneDrive App and Windows 10. Windows 7 is actually working fine with the same files and OneDrive folders. So there is a recent Windows 10 Update that has disabled the ability for Windows 10 to build a successful thumbnail cache. This is happening on multiple machines but only Windows 10 and not Windows 7.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. You need to allow people I give the permission link to access that file without signing in to MSN.

I give people a link that says "anyone with this link can view" but people are receiving the link and being told they have to sign in to MSN account. They don't have an MSN account so they cannot view the file. Again the permission says "anyone with the link can view" NOT "anyone with an MSN account and a link can view"

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Fix the Device BackUp in OneDrive

There is no device back up showing in OneDrive like it used to with Windows 8.1. I logged into my Microsoft account/OneDrive/Settings (gear wheel top right of IE window) then device backup's in left menu.

I have just installed Windows 10 and noticed that my back up date was 2-3 weeks old, I've made quite a few modern app changes from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and wanted a new back up so I deleted the back up but it will not re sync.

I have tried turning Sync settings option off and on again but the back up will…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Clean up file accesss bugs

"The file is missing or you don't have permission" - again and again, when trying to send file (as a file) via messenger app or email, or trying to open a pdf file (sometimes other files as well). One needs to open file in Word and then send it from there. Can't you fix that already?

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. To make the OS X client retina ready

The graphics used for signup are not retina ready. They look awful.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

OneDrive Archive

Feedback and Knowledge Base