OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. File naming and failure to sync

I have just discovered that many of my files stored on my computer in OneDrive are not syncing to the Cloud. According to your tech support, this is because the file names include characters such as '#.'

This limitation is unacceptable! These files names have always been accepted by Microsoft Word and Office 10 (and previous versions), so clearly OneDrive--a fellow Microsoft product--should be able to sync them. Now I am faced with hours of work to go in and change many individual file names so they will sync. (And from reading other feedback, I notice that some of the…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Include Sort by Number or fix Alpha sorting

My files are numbered (e.g. 1-220). One drive will sort my files as
    Etc. Etc.

NOT

This makes it impossible to view numbered files in numeric order. Please fix this sorting bug or add numeric sorting functionality.

This is on OneDrive for Android.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. tell me what this is for, why was this in options for ring tones? how do I create ring tones when this app does not have a area for info ?

my genius idea is MICROSOFT ON MY SAMSUNG GALAXY S 6 ... LIKE WHY? I DON'T SEE ANY REASON FOR THIS TO BE INSTALLED ON MY DEVICE, ESPECIALLY WHEN IT IS "A SAMSUNG " DEVICE, WHICH I HAVE NEVER SEEN BEFORE ON THE NUMEROUS SAMSUNG DEVICES OR PRODUCTS...??NOW YOU WANT ME TO SELECT A? CATEGORY FOR MY "DESCRIPTION AND DETAILS OF "MY IDEA"? WHY ? DON'T YOU HAVE ANY POSSIBLE IDEAS... RIDICULOUS!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Fix the audio skipping glitch on the OneDrive video player.

Hi, I'm a lyric video artist. I send a couple of videos a day to different clients all over the world.

I host all my work on OneDrive, and at least half of my clients report a glitch in the audio when they try to first play the video. I always instruct them to download the file and play it locally to see that the glitch isn't in the video itself.

I already did the screen recording to show OneDrive support where it happens a few times, they said their engineers were looking at it, but that was months ago…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow Japanese characters to be synced..!

It is essential that you allow Japanese characters to be synced with OneDrive.
    I have some programs which save their data to my documents folder, which I keep synced with OneDrive.
    But OneDrive cannot sync those folders because they contain Japanese characters, and I simply get a message, telling me to rename those folders (which is of course impossible, as they are working folders for programs).
    I have waited patiently for a long time, for this serious bug to be fixed, but as it has not, I am now posting this bug report.
    I have tried to make copies of…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. One Drive takes over of all computers resources

The One Drive seems to me is a little bit disaster, since the time I started using it the computers became practically unusable as you can see from the screenshot it takes over of all computers resources.

I specifically bought a laptop to use Microsoft services, one of which is One Drive, but instead of convenience, I got one headache. I already added the memory and as it turns out I need to update the hard drive, which is not only expensive but and the little bit complicated. My computers have become the endless consumers of nerves and money.

You…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. DOUGLAS PEARCE RAW RAW RAW RAW SUPPORT

Raw supper for thumbnails

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Description Dialog Should Not Truncate File Name

Currently the Description Dialog Pane Truncates Long File Names. This is undesirable especially if you're attempting to copy the filename from this description (as you can no longer copy it from the description listing).

This might be a duplicates of the following bugs:

* https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/262982-onedrive/suggestions/15728748-ability-to-read-longer-file-names
    * https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/262982-onedrive/suggestions/13765155-full-file-name

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Artist and Composer Fields from Windows Media Audio Files

Information from Windows Media Audio files that have artist and composer field, it need to insert “ “ between “;” because it is shown for example “Artist 1;Aritst 2” instead of “Artist 1; Artist 2”. Also this problem happens with Groove
    It is shown correctly in Windows Explorer and Windows Media Player.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Exclamation marks in share links fool hyperlink recognition

When I want to share a file with someone else, I use share links of course. However, Facebook will sometimes end the links at punctuation, causing others to be referred to an unexisting address.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. text files don't open in browsers

For a couple of months, I have not been able to view text files in IE, Edge, or Chrome. The content area is blank and the indeterminate progress bar is animated, but the file never appears.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Help

Ok

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. BUG: You cannot access BitLocker keys from your iOS device if you have the OneDrive app installed

Problem:
    If the OneDrive iOS app is installed on your device, you cannot access BitLocker keys on using the website listed on Microsoft Support: https://t.co/ouz5mYMTnv

The OneDrive site will automatically redirect you to installed app and just do nothing. Actually the website should list your keys.

Workaround: Uninstall the iOS app and visit the website again to access your keys.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Ask for OneDrive pin in Photos App to see onedrive photos

OneDrive PIN not working great in Photos App. When I go to photos app there is onedrive icon under online category and I can see my onedrive photos without entering onedirve pin. There it should ask to enter my pin.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Bug with current iOS-Version (v5.3.7) on iPad Air 2, iOS 8.3, landscape-mode: about 1/4 of visible app is "cut off".

Enable code-lock in the app. Exit the app and kill it from multitasking-menu.
    Now hold the iPad in landscape-mode (horizontal orientation) and start Onedrive-app. Even during the start-period you see some screen corruption (orientation and code-keypad pop out on wrong places), but then the app normally asks for the code.
    If you now enter the code, the app opens but with a blank space to the right, resulting in controls at the bottom are not visible.

Even bringing the app to vertical orientation now does not fix it, as the blank space now in on top of the app, bottom…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Better error handling of when parts of the local root folder is read-only

Better error handling to address the issue I reported in support case #SRX616052591509760ID.
    Specifically:
    When adding a Business Account to sync, it kept telling me after authentication that I was already syncing that account even though no files were visible in the local folder and there were files in OneDrive for business online. Clicking on the link to the OneDrive folder failed to open the folder.
    Also, when I checked the properties of the OneDrive - <Tenant> node in the navigation pane of Windows file explorer, it was not fully readonly (checked checkbox) but partially read only (doted checkbox) . …

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Fix sync issues with NGSC syncing Sharepoint Libraries

My company recently switched to SharePoint Online for cloud storage, the NGSC made it possible to sync SharePoint libraries to MAC's as well as syncing only certain folders from SharePoint libraries. These features are great and we had been waiting for them to be released so we could migrate completely to Office365.

These features seem to come with several drawbacks however, the worst being data loss.

I have had several users lose hours worth of work editing documents synced to sharepoint libraries. Seemingly randomly users will make changes to documents, saving while they are editing, but when they open the…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Visual Glitch in Popup Info Bar

I don't know why, but clicking left on the tray icon brings me this info field. It seems that everything is shifted to the left side. Will it be fixed soon? I already tried ...onedrive /reset

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

OneDrive Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base