OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. OneDrive Files On Demand cannot open XLS files with a long path

Having an issue on multiple computers when trying to open XLS (not XLSX) files from SharePoint Online, via Files on Demand. The files will not open if the complete path is longer than 218 characters. The error message presented is "Cannot find file XXXXX. Is it possible it was moved, renamed or deleted?" If I remove characters one at a time, it can be opened once the complete path is 218 characters long. That includes 22 characters before the company name "C:\Users\MyUsernameXX\"
    I see that this may be an issue with XLS filename length, but OneDrive/Office should give a better…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Skip files that arent syncing

I have a problem where I cant sync my files because 1 file is broken and cant be removed so i would find it useful to skip the broken file so my other files can sync

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. OneDrive's bin and version history exposed to crypto virus

Our biggest concern is that OneDrive for Business didn't work as expected, meaning if a file gets encrypted/infected, we were supposed to be able to either restore its previous version from either version history or the online bin. And neither contained the unaffected versions in this case.

We were unable to use those features to restore recently damaged files. He had to file a Service Request (ID:616052491502224)

Please make version history and the bin unavailable to crypto viruses

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fix Bug when OneDrive for Business not starting after reboot.

Often then not, after restarting PC, or booting from shutdown. OneDrive doesn't start on-demand.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add notification when synching is not working

I discovered that while my cloud icon in the bottom right did not indicate a problem, though it did forever say synching files 1 remaining, it was not in fact synching to the cloud. This is an unforgivable glitch. Had a catastrophe occurred with my local drive i would not have been able to recover unsynched files. There needs to be notification of some type that synching has stopped.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Synchronization from old computers uploads old deleted/moved files and folders!

Don't synchronize from old computers or at least ask first. Because I turned on an old computer I haven't used for years, it started uploading old deleted folders with pictures I had moved to other folders, so it created duplicates and some pictures where moved into the old folders and it is very annoying, when I have sorted them.
    There should be a check when there are made changes in the File Explorer Ondrive-folder and always choose to synchronize the newest changes.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Fix Tag folders for manually created tags

When a tag is manually assigned to a photo, it creates the tag under the section "Tags", but it does not populate the folder. Even after an hour or more of waiting, the folder still shows "there are no photos or they have not been processed yet".

Issue does not seem to be related to multiple tags per image. Also, only one of 50 images in the test actually worked.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. OneDrive stuck on "Loading..." for hours at a time on latest iOS with latest OneDrive Update... Nothing loads at all.

Storage in personal settings also just has a buffer wheel for hours too. Need to be fixed.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Learn from your competitors

Really, it's an appalling embarrassment to the Microsoft crew that their OneDrive "team" cannot implement the most basic of required functionality that is present in its competitors, not the least of which include LAN sync, partial sync, file size limit, file name length limit, and a multitude of features absolutely mission-critical to many individuals' (and enterprises') workflow. Many of these features were present in OneDrive's predecessor, Windows Live Mesh!

It seems that not only are Microsoft unable to learn from their mistakes (think Zune), but that they are also unable to learn from their successes too!

What an embarrassment.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Payment UX

Current: if there is a payment problem e.g. I changed my credit card number, then OneDrive just silently cancels my account, and my OneDrive shows up as full. I wasted an hour deleting excess files until I noticed that 'full' happened because I suddenly dropped to 5GB.

Requested: A UX notification that the problem is actually my payment card. Nearly everyone will roll their credit cards every few years, so this is going to happen to a LOT of users.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. PIN

Buonasera

I enjoyed the opportunity to enter a password .
    Unfortunately, if I run the app for example PrintHand I access OneDrive files without a password .
    I greet and thank

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Screenshot

OneDrive application for Windows 10 saves screenshots (PrntScrn) to a localized directory, even though I have chosen english as display language in Windows.
    In my case (Norwegian) it creates a folder "\Bilder\Skjermbilder" instead of my preffered "\Pictures\Screenshots".

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Account payment

Trying to restore my paid subscription, have spent 15 minutes trying, why is this so hard???

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. iOS photo backup ends up in lots of duplicates

Using OneDrive on iOS for photo backup results in lots of duplicate photos in my OneDrive.

It looks like the app gets really confused when I delete a photo and updates it multiple times - once from the "Camera Roll" (or whatever they call it in iOS 9), once from "Deleted Items"

Sometimes it gets really confused and I have 3-4 copies of the same photo. It can't be a feature, so it must be a bug...

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. OneDrive for Business makes me press enter instead of clicking Enter.

OneDrive for Business makes me press enter instead of clicking Enter.
    Let's fix this GUI bug so customers won't see a bug when they first sign into ODB.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Cannot open any folders of OneDrive by Note8 and cannot upload any files to OneDrive !!!

Cannot open any folders of OneDrive by Note8 and cannot upload any files to OneDrive !!!

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. When I share content on OneDrive.com, 'suggested recipients' doesn't find some of my contacts

When I share files or folders on OneDrive.com, I am prompted for the names (email addresses) of the people I want to share with.

Most of my contacts are found by the "suggestion" mechanism, but some of them are not.

Full details at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/forum/odwork-odshare-sdweb/when-i-share-content-on-onedrivecom-suggested/eb9a9f41-8ad0-419e-9800-9c7cecf989a6?messageId=87a52618-bf02-49f3-ac1b-4c000a3caf09

Full details at

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. turn off the shake for feedback. it's screwing up your app

app is hung up in shake for feedback. worked fine for android 4.4 boy with android 5.02 you have this bug

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Check the Upload from URL API method

The documentation for the "Upload from URL" method in the REST API (https://dev.onedrive.com/items/upload_url.htm) states that upon completion, the monitoring GET request would be closed with status 303. In my tests, I have never received the 303 message, but the service replied 404 Not Found when the upload should have reached completion.
    Can you please help me investigate what part is wrong, the service, the documentation, or my implementation?
    Thanks in advance!

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 45 46

OneDrive Archive

Categories