OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Initial Batch upload as Backup through one Zip package

I uploaded my whole photo library to One Drive with an Upstream of 2MBit. It took me near a month to do this. I would like to see a feature to improve this first initial backup of large file collections, here is my suggestion:

Allow a user to provide a zip of a complete directory structure with all contents included through a web portal or the background upload process (in that case maybe with a special name like "initial upload.zip"). Those upload will be faster than synchronizing e.g. 30.000 photo files upstream.

Materialize the uploaded file on your backend and…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. NTFS-like permissions on Shares (Full Control, Modify: Delete/Rename/Create, Read-Only)

Please provide Windows NTFS-like permissions on shared items, including: Full Control, Modify (Edit, Delete, Create), Read-Only.

Currently, users can only Create or Delete items in a share, but are unable to rename. Only the owner can.

Owner should be able to specify who can:

1. Make permission changes
    2. Delete files
    3. Create files
    4. Delete files
    5. Whether user can ONLY make modifications on his/her own files/folders
    6. Whether user can make modifications on ANY file/folder in the share

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide RSS/Notification on changes made to OneDrive or Share

I like what Dropbox provides for free: an RSS feed for:

1. Changes made to your OneDrive
    2. Changes made to a specific share

This allows the owner to see what files/folders were deleted/renamed/created, by who, and when. As someone who collaborates a lot with colleagues, I'd like to know who's doing what to my share/project.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. OneDrive for Business: How do you stop the suggested documents to follow from populating under "Followed"

OneDrive for Business: How do you stop the suggested documents to follow from populating under "Followed"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bing Vision for OneDrive.

Here's my idea, let OneDrive have Q.R. Code recognition and the ability to recognize books, C.D.'s, the Bing Translator (through text recognition), and bar-code scanners built into it, a common problem I face is that I don't have internet on my Phone most of the time, and when I see a Q.R. code I first have to take a picture of it with my Phone, and then view it on a browser to scan it at home, sure it may not be a common problem, but image recognition and the ability to show ''website links in the picture''.

P.S.

I…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. For OneDrive for Business, set the default shared link to have an expiring date.

For OneDrive for Business, set the default shared link to have an expiring date. For example, when I share a file with you, that link should expire after, say, two weeks. I should be able to change that default at the admin level. Or as a user I might want to change it per shared file. and when it is about to expire, please warn me so I can choose to extend it or not.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow creating bookmarks or quicklinks or favorites against certain files/folder for quick navigation or stream.

On web interface allow creating bookmarks or favorites against certain files/folder for quick navigation to it. Sometime I have to navigate 5-10 times to reach a particular folder. This means 5-9 different page request.... and each time. I can't keep everything at the base folder.

Web interface would be much more usable in future while ppl will start putting TBs of data, a large chunk of which will only remain on Onedrive i.e. not synced to local copies. I fear that Many users will shift to Google once they get out something like free space.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Sharing takes to long. Easymode it.

When I right click a file or folder in Explorer and say "Share with... OneDrive" this is what currently happens.

1) load skydrive page.
    2) redirect to onedrive page.
    3) click get a link.
    4) click shorten link.
    5) copy link.
    6) paste link.

To truely replace Dropbox you need to fix this.

1) Load onedrive first try.
    2a) automatically view share link.
    2b) automatically shorten share link. seriously. se rious lee.
    2c) automatically highlight share link.
    3) i hit ctrl+c and go.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hide certain folders on certain devices

Instead of making every folder viewable on every device (some of which you may want to hide for privacy reasons), customize which folders you want to be viewable from which devices. For example, be able to hide a folder of photos on a shared Xbox One.

[submitted on behalf of a customer]

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Release notes

Whenever the app is updated, we need to guess what the changes were. Please add release notes or a change log to the update.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Enable SharePoint library syncing on OneDrive for Business mobile clients

Our clients love the SharePoint library syncing feature for the PC with OneDrive for Business, but then they're disappointed when they can't do the same on their iPad or Android phone.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add Browsers Favorites list in OneDrive Web page

As favorites are synchronized between all devices using OneDrive, it could be cool to get the list in OneDrive web page.
    From OneDrive, we could organize our favorites and from this page we could share our favorites with pears and add comments or decide to share one favorite on Yammer, FB, Twitter, etc...

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make offline viewing an option for integrated desktop, including enterprise edition.

Allow an option for online viewing only that *does not* maintain a local copy of the file. On enterprise computers, others admins may be able to log in and access your files and this may not desired by the file owner. But if one chooses, "online only", then there is no local cache and when a document is added, it is uploaded, but still, the local copy is removed when the document is closed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. File handling in Onedrive for Business

Please add functionality to easily copy/move files inside OneDrive for Business. Also enable easy moving of folders in the web user interface.

59 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow to mark files/folders to be available offline

Allow to mark important files to be available off line.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. onedrive new version and folio

I get the need for a consistent view, use case.
    BUT... I like to offline it all on the PC(this should stay as a option for desktop even if in a non-mainstream delivery)

Maybe a simple "oneportfolio" where you can set a max for the size
    1-2... whatever gig across devices and the files are added to your mobile portfolio. then to add or remove files in folio from any device and that just occurs on all.

I get placeholders are non-descript thats why my PC syncs all.

entering onedrive view or folio view is in essence the same structure

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Provide search functionality for the Xbox One app.

Browsing through a large folder of video files is ridiculous on the Xbox One (and probably elsewhere). It would be great to be able to actually type a search for filename/metadata. And, of course, to be able to type it using SmartGlass rather than just an onscreen keyboard would be even better!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Xbox  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make available offline option for mobile

All the mobile phone and tablet are getting enormous built in drives. Give us the same option that PCs have so we don't have to wait that buffering time frame to show off our pictures.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

OneDrive Archive

Feedback and Knowledge Base