OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make Available Offline including files added from another device in the future.

Currently, OneDrive features making individual folders offline with one caveat:

"If you have multiple PCs, a file can be online-only on one PC and available offline on another. Any files you added to OneDrive from your PC or previously opened on your PC are automatically available offline on that PC. Any files you created on the OneDrive website or added to OneDrive from another device are online-only on your PC."

I wish there was the option to allow you to make a folder available offline and for it to auto sync files that were later added by another device later.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Viewing cover art of ebooks in One Drive

Allow the user to view cover art of ePub files stored . I think PDF cover art is viewable, but displaying ePub artwork, would enhance the One Drive service and really make viewing and accessing ePub files for the user much easier.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Desktop View only option

I like to know where are my files, and are they still on same location..

When you stuck with onedrive desktop app, like "checking for changes" and take for few days to sync.. and you don't know how to stop it, what is changed etc.. because in moste case you did something simple (like moving folder to another location) and it take for few days to "check for chages" - for this, at last let us know the progress of checking... or enable it to do something manually to help this app with problem.

Or any other problem when you…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Let me attach a file to an email without involving Drive and pictures that aren't related

I did. You are not allowing us to use our computers as we should because you want to control me and mess everything up.
    Can I not pick a picture and delete it ? You wont let me.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    tell us more  ·  Casey Penk responded

Hi there, can you tell us more about your feature request? How would you want this feature to work? Thanks.

6. Merge Work Folders, OneDrive, and OneDrive for Business

I feel like the whole offering with OneDrive is really fragmented and needs to be simplified. There are a lot of good features spread across different products that should really be bought together a lot better. I wish there was just one app that users could install on clients for both business and personal, with some way to switch accounts.

Anyway I have some customers that I am trying to move away from Google Apps and Dropbox to Office 365. One feature customers are really keen for, and would really help to convince them to move, is a way that…

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Give a feature to import data from other cloud Storage

This can be helpful for users as it can easily allow them to switch to OneDrive from google drive/dropbox/iCloud.

1.I don't want to download all files and photos first and then sync with OneDrive. It should automatically fetch data if given the url

2.Or linking of different accounts such as dropbox/google drive account with onedrive. It should allow users to easily switch from google drive atleast which is currently most popular service and is not as good as OneDrive.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add ability to sync Office templates through OneDrive

Allows office document templates sync through onedrive

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Increase Download Performance

Windows Phone users automatically uploaded their videos taken to OneDrive. However ability to stream or download the videos is terribly slow. Streaming incurs unbearable amounts of buffering, and download is painfully slow.

Embarrassing when you are sharing videos with guests on Xbox or PC and the end to end Microsoft experience can't deliver.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Full functional parity with all desktop and mobile operating systems.

Microsoft has focused too much on forcing people to Windows. You need to realize that your customers use iOS, Macs, Android etc. All of these operating systems should have the same functionality that Windows gets. This includes Outlook for Mac getting OneDrive integration, full sharing capabilities for the iPad etc. If you want businesses to use OneDrive its going to need to live in a non-Windows world and compete with the Dropboxes of the world.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Offline Sync for OneDrive Business Mobile

Not just selective sync, but the ability to automatically sync files and/or directories offline on a mobile device. This would allow businesses to roll out materials to remote people (sales materials or whatever) and be available even if they are offline or in remote areas.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Corporate file shares replaced with One Drive for Business?

Is it possible to create the equivalent of a network file share on One Drive for Business?

We would be interested in knowing if we could replace our on-premise file servers with One Drive for Business.

Create shared directories? Notify user/owners when changes added to the folders?

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add auto-backup of file changes on an adjustable basis

Applies to OneDrive in general rather than a client.

The biggest thing that OneDrive is really missing from my perspective is automatic backups. I recently lost due to a bug a OneNote page and there is no getting it back. Period. If OneDrive had regular backups of all differences made in files it would act as my one storage place AND my backup and storage for me would be done for good. I could have simply gotten on and reverted my notebook to yesterday's version and, bang--three months of lost work would've been back (I would've been fine exchanging it…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Enable Context Aware Access Management for the Onedrive for Business client

Currently Onedrive can sync to any device regardless the health/security state of the device (up to date virusscanner, pin/password protected device logon etc.)

We would like to have the option that the Onedrive for Business client can only sync towards "trusted" devices (e.g. leverage Workplace Join) without blocking access to regular Sharepoint from untrusted devices.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    tell us more  ·  3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow comments on shared/public photos

I link my OneDrive albums to my blog so public can click and view. They have expressed a desire to leave comments on certain photos and cannot.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    tell us more  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Fake sync folder

Allow a user to set up a folder on their profile that has a bunch of pointers (or shortcuts) to their files that are being stored in their OneDrive, and when a user clicks on that file THEN it will sync/download it to their machine.

Essentially a way for users to see their onedrive library from their machine (not web browser) WITHOUT having to actually sync their entire library (which could fill their HD.)

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Enforce PIN/Password on device when onedrive pro is synced

When a user syncs business data on their phone or tablet, via the app, the app should ensure that the PIN/Password is activated on the device. Otherwise, if the device is lost, anyone can access the locally cached data, and potentially access confidential business files.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a part of a broader mobile device management capability we are looking to deliver for businesses.

Also as a side note – as a part of our most recent Android app update we enabled support for users to set up a PIN. Simply create a 4 digit code, and you can limit access to the app and your files.

OneDrive Archive

Feedback and Knowledge Base