OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix the "Sorry, OneDrive can't add your folder right now" error message to say what the problem really is

Certain problems within the OneDrive client result in the error message "Sorry, OneDrive can't add your folder right now". Below this, it says "Please contact support".

I have had this message and contacted Microsoft Support, who were completely unable to help at all. The error message is very poor, as it does not adequately describe what the conditions are that are preventing OneDrive from adding a folder to be synchronised. The error message should inform the user why the folder cannot be added and provide a link to a help page to assist in resolving the problem.

See https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_onedrivefb-mso_win10/sharepoint-folder-onedrive-next-generation-sync/a1f46b54-1d90-4278-adae-dc1825e9864a for…

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    12 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make List view as default

make List as the default view mode instead of Grid, or at least give an option in the settings to select the default

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make it easy to disable Office 365 group creation in One Drive

The PowerShell to turn this off is extremely complicated and requires most companies a support call to assist them with it. This feature creates a site collection and is very powerful and should rarely be accessible by a standard user. Please put a setting on the OneDrive administration panel to turn off Office 365 group creation except for Global Administrators.

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Move files or email them without downloading

When moving files between one drive accounts or attaching to email you need to download to device - why. Use the cloud.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. fotos

also ich habe das programm gestartet um meine fotos über wlan hoch zu laden dabei ist mir aufgefallen 2 fotos wollte ich nicht,also löschte ich diese und trotzdem lädt er die gelöschte mit ,nur die fotos sind dann nicht vorhanden hat mir aber par mb mitgsaugt nicht coool

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. but I'm not a guest contributor - provide link to login

When a colleague (within same corporate onedrive contract) sends me a file to edit, I open the link to find that I'm guest contributor. This prevents me from editing. So, why not

Have a link to log-in to onedrive from the "guest contributor" state (e.g. if from a browser that doesn't auto log me in).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fix incorrect calculation of remaining free space when using Symbolic Links

Creating a SymLink in the local OneDrive folder to another drive may incorrectly disable the "OK" button in the selective folder sync dialog. Reason: the calculated remaining free space on the local drive (used for the OneDrive folder) is incorrect.

Example:
    Drive C (size 200 GB, 150 GB free) contains the OneDrive folder which contains a Symbolic Link to D:\syncme
    Drive D (size 1000 GB) contains 300 GB content in D:\syncme
    => The remaining free space on C is being calculated as -150 GB (or less), i.e. the OK button cannot be selected, even though there is still free space…

76 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Facial recognition

Facial recognition would be a great feature to add to one Drive - any ideas when it will be available?

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add ability to sort by file modified date. Thank you.

Add ability to sort by file modified date. Thank you.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. ACTUALLY Enable long file path for OneDrive for Business

This is a repost of https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/262982-onedrive/suggestions/13697118-enable-long-file-path-for-onedrive-for-business

because Jason Moore marked the previous suggestion as "BOOM IT's DONE" .... but he linked to an article that DOES NOT reference long file paths at all!... so everything indicates that it's NOT done...

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Scanning in OneDrive

The scanning feature is great. Is there an option to upload to a specific folder? Also, is there an option to set the scan to automatic? I currently use a program called ScannerPro which is very powerful. Maybe you should check it out to incorporate some of their features into you scan program.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow us to hide photos not in OneDrive Photos folder from Photos view in app

On my OneDrive I have image files which are not photographs and are not useful in the Photos view where I'd want to browse photographs alone.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Unable to upload to “Shared” folders

It doesn’t appear to be possible to upload directly to a shared folder in the OneDrive iPhone or iPad application from a 3rd party application.

For example, I have tried uploading a document as a pdf from Notability into a shared folder in OneDrive but it only allows me to select one of my folders, not any of the folders being shared with me.

As a consequence, we are having to do the following:

- User 1 creates a folder and shares with User 2.
    - User 2 creates a folder and shares with User 1.
    - User 1 uploads…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Regarding time zone settings of personal site

I would like a function that allows administrators to either batch-set the time zones of individual user's personal sites or to synchronize the site time zone with the location information in the user profile. We have a lot of users who aren`t overly knowledgeable about computers and thus our administrators are spending a lot of their time responding to related inquiries. There surely are a lot of companies who`s employees are usually all working in the same region, and so it`s quite inconvenient to have te time zone by default set to PST and every employee having to adjust their…

82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Move shared folders to my own one drive

At the moment, one drive does not allow folders shared with me to be moved or synced into my one drive. Because of this, all shared folders never sync into my desktop which makes workflow TERRIBLE. please make it possible to move shared folders around. Dropbox makes this very easy for businesses.

I find it very dumb that I have to download shared folders to then upload them into my own folder....

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. SD card default download location

PEASE! Make it possible to set default location anywhere, including on SD card. My phone storage is filling up and i am tired of trying to specify where it should be downloading to.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Unshared file

Hope I can select multiples file and unshared them at one time. Thanks.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to edit offline files on iOS and Android

Provide the same functionality that is available in Windows and MacOS sync clients that allows offline files to be edited. Curently read-only

(NOTE: Files marked offline are read-only - you can edit the file only when you're online. If you edit the file offline, it saves as a new file, and does not change the original OneDrive file.)

92 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. allow only OneDrive for Business users to select the Save in <OneDrive Organization Name>.

In case I make [OneDrive] tile displayed, I am aware even the users prohibited to use OneDrive for Business are able to save them by choosing [Save in <OneDrive Organization Name>]. I would say that is against our business operation handling, and therefore I hope that only only OneDrive for Business users will be able to check Save in <OneDrive Organization Name>.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

OneDrive Archive

Feedback and Knowledge Base