OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow us to hide photos not in OneDrive Photos folder from Photos view in app

On my OneDrive I have image files which are not photographs and are not useful in the Photos view where I'd want to browse photographs alone.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. implement the feature that could enable to upload automatically a screenshot.

I hope the feature to be implemented that could enable to upload automatically the screenshot available and acquired in the private One Drive since it is convenient if I could use the feature even within One Drive for Business keeping the large capability for saving.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. OneDrive desktop version to mirror cloud, not the other way around! Example: Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud, and every other major cloud

OneDrive desktop version should not take up computer storage i.e. it should only mirror the cloud documents, not the other way around.

Examples: Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud, and every other major cloud storage provider.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Unable to upload to “Shared” folders

It doesn’t appear to be possible to upload directly to a shared folder in the OneDrive iPhone or iPad application from a 3rd party application.

For example, I have tried uploading a document as a pdf from Notability into a shared folder in OneDrive but it only allows me to select one of my folders, not any of the folders being shared with me.

As a consequence, we are having to do the following:

- User 1 creates a folder and shares with User 2.
    - User 2 creates a folder and shares with User 1.
    - User 1 uploads…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. improve the setting feature that could cause the delay in reflecting the details of its setting once modified via Office 365 admin center.

I am aware the the occasional delay occurs until the modified setting is applied when making a change for the setting through Office 365 admin center, and therefore I hope the feature to be improved so that it could reflect the modified details of the setting.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. enable me to check OneDrive for Business's zip compressed items directly via a browser.

*English follows Japanese

■件名 :OneDrive for Business 上のzip圧縮アイテムを直接ブラウザーから確認したい
    ■内容:OneDrive for Business 上にアップロードされたzip圧縮アイテムをブラウザーから確認する場合、一度ローカルにダウンロードされる動作となり、直接確認が行えない。ブラウザー上で直接閲覧、プレビュー表示できるよう追加要望です。また、モバイル端末でもブラウザー上から直後閲覧できるように併せて追加要望です。 
    -----
    I am currently unable to confirm the zip compressed items once uploaded into OneDrive for Business directly through the browser due to the behavior prompting me to download the items into local. Therefore, I hope the additional feature to be available that could enable to use the preview display. Additionally, I hope that I will be able to view the items on the browser along with a mobile device.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. improve the space limit regarding the upload and download of WebDAV.

*English follows Japanese

■件名 : WebDAVのアップロードおよびダウンロードに関する容量の制限について
    ■内容: 以下の URL の手順にてレジストリ変更を行うも、設定どおりにアップロードできない PC と、指定した容量のアイテムをダウンロードおよびアップロード可能なPCがある。
    レジストリ変更にて正しく動作するよう改善希望。 またはエクスプローラーで表示、ネットワーク ドライブの割り当てを行った際に、エクスプローラーからアップロード、ダウンロード可能なアイテムのサイズの上限の引き上げを希望します。
    <関連 URL>
    タイトル : Web フォルダーから 50000000 バイトより大きいファイルをダウンロードするときのフォルダーのコピー エラー メッセージ
    アドレス : https://support.microsoft.com/ja-jp/help/900900/folder-copy-error-message-when-downloading-a-file-that-is-larger-than-50000000-bytes-from-a-web-folder
    -----
    Even though a registry change is executed by following the instructions written in the URL below, some PCs can be unavailable for upload as opposed to the existing setting related its instructions, and other PCs are useful for download and upload the item whose space has been specified. Experiencing this behavior, I hope the registry change concerned to function properly or more specifically in case of the assignment of network drive to…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Integración App archivos iOS 11

Hola, acabo de actualizar mi iPad Pro a iOS 11 y he descubierto que ha pesar de que la app archivos es compatible con mi nube de OneDrive, no está completamente integrada de modo que cuando accedo a ella se me abre una ventana pequeña que por ejemplo no me permite copiar, mover o descargar ficheros dentro de la misma aplicación. En cambio, mi nube de Dropbox sí que está completamente integrada y puedo p.e. Mover fotos directamente desde la app fotos en splitview, descargar en mi iPad,...
    Les rogaría que implementen los antes posible esta integración, ya que mi…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Regarding time zone settings of personal site

I would like a function that allows administrators to either batch-set the time zones of individual user's personal sites or to synchronize the site time zone with the location information in the user profile. We have a lot of users who aren`t overly knowledgeable about computers and thus our administrators are spending a lot of their time responding to related inquiries. There surely are a lot of companies who`s employees are usually all working in the same region, and so it`s quite inconvenient to have te time zone by default set to PST and every employee having to adjust their…

82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Remove function that open in office applications when offline as it is not possible. (iOS)

One way to work with office files like excel, word etc on iOS is to choose open in another app and then save it locally for editing. Another option is to open the file in the application before you loose the connection, but that just introduces a whole lot of other problems when the office application crashes and you risk loosing your work.

When selecting an offline-available office-file while offline, it opens the appropriate office application. The office application then tells me that I have to be online to open it, even just to view. This is confusing and causes…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add the equivalent of .gitignore

This request keeps coming up and keeps getting closed so we can no longer vote on it, this is ridiculously counter-productive. Even if the feature is unlikely the entire point of this site is to gauge support for feature requests, by all means respond but don't just close it.

In short, add the ability to ignore certain files or folders from sync using something like a .onedrive file. I don't want my node modules syncing with ondrive and bogging sync down.

https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/262982-onedrive/suggestions/6988070-use-a-file-to-ignore-exclude-files-or-folder?page=1&per_page=20
    https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/262982-onedrive/suggestions/10720758-make-it-possible-to-ignore-build-artifacts

75 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Annullare caricamento di foto e video

Sarebbe utile introdurre un pulsante che consenta di interrompere o mettere in pausa i caricamenti automatici o non in OneDrive per riprenderli in un secondo momento.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. onedrive da yayin veya paylasim yapan arkadasim yeni bir paylasim yaptiginda bildirim gelmiyor. bu konuda bir calisma yaparmisiniz?

onedrive da yayin veya paylasim yapan arkadasim yeni bir paylasim yaptiginda bildirim gelmiyor. bu konuda bir calisma yaparmisiniz?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Improve the feature of General Japanese description for SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business.

I have difficulty understanding the Japanese description in SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business due to the machine translation is not accurately translating the words so far. For example, there are many places where the meaning of Japanese words are not clear when sharing data only to the specific users on OneDrive for Business although it's hard to get know the function/description, such as the part "Selecting [User listed on the destination line]".

It may cause of the machine translation, but I hope the feature will be implemented enables providing the accurate translation to the Japanese display in the current…

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Move shared folders to my own one drive

At the moment, one drive does not allow folders shared with me to be moved or synced into my one drive. Because of this, all shared folders never sync into my desktop which makes workflow TERRIBLE. please make it possible to move shared folders around. Dropbox makes this very easy for businesses.

I find it very dumb that I have to download shared folders to then upload them into my own folder....

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. SD card default download location

PEASE! Make it possible to set default location anywhere, including on SD card. My phone storage is filling up and i am tired of trying to specify where it should be downloading to.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Unshared file

Hope I can select multiples file and unshared them at one time. Thanks.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

OneDrive Archive

Feedback and Knowledge Base