OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Update the design of the mobile version of OneDrive.com

It's currently still using the extremely dated design language from the windowslive.com days, it doesn't feel like a part of the modern OneDrive apps. It shouldn't be neglected these days that people browse on their mobile devices about as much as their computers :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    tell us more  ·  Casey Penk responded

Hi Peter, can you tell us more about what you would like to see change? If you have specific suggestions that would really help. Thanks for using OneDrive! :)

2. Add ability for users to remove shared files/folders without sharer's involvement

Please add ability for users to remove files/folders shared to them without the sharer's involvement. http://community.office365.com/en-us/f/154/p/290800/887524.aspx#887524

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow sharing AND syncing directly with Dropbox or other services

Dropbox has an API, OneDrive has an API... Should be possible to make them speak to each other directly, so that I could share files between the two services and have them sync between shared folders in each service.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. please add notifications to oneDrive windows phone. IOS has the feature!!

Please add all features to windows phone first. We need features and notifications.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Automatic File Scan

Uploads should be automatically scanned for compatibility before starting. Having to use File Checker before hand works but it sure would be a lot easier if it was automatic. It would also keep many people who don't know about file checker from causing their onedrive to crash.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. No green hooks

There are no green hooks visible in my Windows Explorer on my Laptop.
    Synchronisation works perfectly, but i see no green hooks

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fix the wrong file name from date time of the uploaded pictures on iOS

Since Nov/Dec 2013 OneDrive update on iOS, OneDrive app on iOS always used GMT time, instead of local time, to name the auto uploaded picture files. It is so difficult now to know the exact time the pictures were taken and the worst is the pictures I take during night time is using the next day's date!

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fix OAuth Authentication Bug

Am working with an Android application using the LiveSDK (https://github.com/liveservices/LiveSDK-for-Android) for accessing One Drive.

I have initialized the LiveConnectClient instance by obtaining the user consent with wl.signin, wl.basic, wl.skydrive_update, wl.offline_access scopes. Even after the revoking the app permission in web, using the same LiveConnectClient instance the app can be able to perform create, delete and update operations on all the files and folders. I think this not what OAuth authentication is meant for.

Solution :

The permission for the application should be denied at the moment the user revokes the app permissions. Now even after an hour I…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to set expiration dates to the share links and the ability to set up the bandwidth consumption manually.

For OneDrive would be great to have an option to set links expiration dates in order to have more control about our shared info.

Also would be great to have the ability to manually configure the bandwidth consumption .

Best regards

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. OneDrive folder-sharing on Microsoft Skype

More OneDrive integration in Skype.

I am Always signed into Skype with my Microsoft-account and I often want to share files between my contacts and I, but on my P.C. I can only share pictures via sending it (which is extremely slow on Skype), or I could more easily use my Windows Phone to send pictures, but my pictures aren't Always on my Windows Phone, but they are Always in OneDrive (as I've merged Libraries with OneDrive during the 8.1 upgrade), and I wish it would be more easy to share and colaborate with OneDrive.

Plus Skype needs to become…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Asynchronous Sync for OneDriveForBsiness

Need an option to make OD4B sync work asynchronously. When I save a doc from office 2013, it takes atleast 10 to 20 secs to save simple docs depending on the speed of the network.

Is there a way to make the save work independent of the sync ?

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. keep control of business data -approve machines to sync to

The problem in a business environment, we have computers in the office, business laptops and windows phones. onedrive sounds great to be able to have files where ever you are. BUT there is also nothing stopping someone from going home and downloading all their (read: company) data onto their home machine. We then loose control of this data.

What would be good is, you can set a security feature that when you set up a new machine to sync to, it asks for an admin password to allow to sync to this device.

OR!

The same principal when someone tries…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Photo Browsing

Scanning through photos on OneDrive on any platform or the web is a nightmare. Especially in my cameraroll. It takes forever to preview the images and find the ones I'm looking for. Theres no "jump to date" or anything so right now I can barely go back and look for anything.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Initial Batch upload as Backup through one Zip package

I uploaded my whole photo library to One Drive with an Upstream of 2MBit. It took me near a month to do this. I would like to see a feature to improve this first initial backup of large file collections, here is my suggestion:

Allow a user to provide a zip of a complete directory structure with all contents included through a web portal or the background upload process (in that case maybe with a special name like "initial upload.zip"). Those upload will be faster than synchronizing e.g. 30.000 photo files upstream.

Materialize the uploaded file on your backend and…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. NTFS-like permissions on Shares (Full Control, Modify: Delete/Rename/Create, Read-Only)

Please provide Windows NTFS-like permissions on shared items, including: Full Control, Modify (Edit, Delete, Create), Read-Only.

Currently, users can only Create or Delete items in a share, but are unable to rename. Only the owner can.

Owner should be able to specify who can:

1. Make permission changes
    2. Delete files
    3. Create files
    4. Delete files
    5. Whether user can ONLY make modifications on his/her own files/folders
    6. Whether user can make modifications on ANY file/folder in the share

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Provide RSS/Notification on changes made to OneDrive or Share

I like what Dropbox provides for free: an RSS feed for:

1. Changes made to your OneDrive
    2. Changes made to a specific share

This allows the owner to see what files/folders were deleted/renamed/created, by who, and when. As someone who collaborates a lot with colleagues, I'd like to know who's doing what to my share/project.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. OneDrive for Business: How do you stop the suggested documents to follow from populating under "Followed"

OneDrive for Business: How do you stop the suggested documents to follow from populating under "Followed"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Bing Vision for OneDrive.

Here's my idea, let OneDrive have Q.R. Code recognition and the ability to recognize books, C.D.'s, the Bing Translator (through text recognition), and bar-code scanners built into it, a common problem I face is that I don't have internet on my Phone most of the time, and when I see a Q.R. code I first have to take a picture of it with my Phone, and then view it on a browser to scan it at home, sure it may not be a common problem, but image recognition and the ability to show ''website links in the picture''.

P.S.

I…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. For OneDrive for Business, set the default shared link to have an expiring date.

For OneDrive for Business, set the default shared link to have an expiring date. For example, when I share a file with you, that link should expire after, say, two weeks. I should be able to change that default at the admin level. Or as a user I might want to change it per shared file. and when it is about to expire, please warn me so I can choose to extend it or not.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

OneDrive Archive

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base