OneDrive

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide the functionality of the password setting for the data sharing in OneDrive for Business as well.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):OneDrive for Business の共有の際に、パスワードを設定できるようにしてほしい

Provide the functionality of the password setting for the data sharing in OneDrive for Business as well.
    ■Description(内容):
    ​個人用 OneDrive では、共有の際にパスワードを設定できるが、OneDrive for Business では実装されていない。そのため、OneDrive for Business でも同じ機能の実装を希望します。

As a matter of concern, the OneDrive for Business has no ability to set the password when sharing the data in spite of this availability has been offered for OneDrive Personal so far.

Therefore, please configure the functionality of the password setting for the data sharing in OneDrive for Business as well.

Thank you for your continued support.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • increase the file upload limit

Please increase the file upload limit from 15GB! With ever increasing file sizes from the media workflow, especially with 4K content, the 15GB limit can be quite a bummer at times!

408 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        37 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Adding TB to OnesDrive account

Hi. I love OneDrive but the worst thing is the 1TB limit. If we have the ability to have multiple users under our 365 account, could we please have add an option to add 1TB or 2TB to one user, so that we could have a total of 2,3,4 TB etc. eventually? With 4k video and tons of hi res photos I would love to future proof my cloud storage without having multiple OneDrive accounts.

Please!!! :)

21 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          2 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Face Recognition & Share Face Collections

Face recognition and tagging would be incredibly useful! Because whenever I take a photo of a friend or a family member, it will be able to recognize them and puts their photos in their own face collection which then I will be able to share their face collection with them.

This way, all my friends and family members will instantly get notification from OneDrive whenever I take a photo of them. and they can see it in their OneDrive or Photos App on Windows without me having to create an Album for each event, put their photo in that album…

90 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            2 comments  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • OneDrive web actually moves no more than 100-200 files

This is a bug that has been staying for 4+ years and it really grinds my gears.

When I select more than 100 photos and videos in "Camera Roll" folder and move them to another folder, OneDrive moves actually no more than 100-200 files, then tells wrong that it has moved all the files I selected in upper right corner.

This bug doesn't rely on browser and subscription (I'm currently on Office 365 for Students and tried in Chrome, Opera, Firefox, Edge), but probably it's specific to my account.

11 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Linux desktop client for OneDrive

Since Microsoft officially has become a Linux Community Supporter, it is a shame not to have a Linux desktop client for OneDrive.

15 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                0 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Please stop automatically creating folders (like attachments, pictures, documents) in my OneDrive.

It is so annoying, every time i delete the folders, it pops up again. If i need a folder, i will make it myself. This is the only thing that keeps me from making OneDrive my top cloud storage solution.

81 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Provide the availability to enable licensing at once more smoothly.

■Title(件名):
                  OneDrive for Business 関連のライセンスの一括付与が正常にできるようにしてほしい

Provide the availability to enable licensing at once more smoothly.
                  ■Description(内容):
                  ​・ 多数のユーザーに対してライセンスを一括して付与したところ、GUI 上はライセンスが付与されていたにもかかわらず、OneDrive for Business の利用が開始できない事象が発生した
                  →調査の結果、ライセンスが GUI 上では問題なく見えたが、実は正常に付与されておらず、ライセンスの付与し直しで事象が改善した。

・ 来年も多くの学生の入学が見込まれるため、同様の事象が起きないよう原因調査と再発防止策の実施を求めたが、原因調査はできないとの回答で、ユーザー側で可能な事象の回避策を教えてもらった。(個人用サイトを事前にプロビジョニングし、個人用サイト一覧を取得して、もし個人用サイトが作成されていないユーザーが多数いるようであれば問い合わせ、との回避策)。

・ このような事象が発生すると、せっかく教育機関向けに特殊な契約で Office 365 を提供していても、Microsoft の信頼を逆に落とすことになる。
                  →このような事象が発生しないよう、ライセンス付与が一括で正常にできるようにしてほしい。​​

We are worried the events regarding the availability of OneDrive for Business licensing as below.

1. When we granted licenses to a large number of users all at once, it was indicated that licenses were granted on the GUI. However, the error occurred that in use of OneDrive for Business cannot be launched.
                  → As a result of investigating, it looked like…

10 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Add a setting to select Music and Videos to be saved to OneDrive by default.

Similar to how one can choose for Documents and Photos to be saved to OneDrive instead of "This PC"

20 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      0 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Don't touch my photos. Leave them alone, I never have you permission to "enhance" them.

Don't touch my photos. I never gave you permission to "enhance" them. This is creepy and makes me not trust you.

13 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Face Recognition and Album Creation

There one missing key feature and that is face recognition and ability to tag faces of friends and family members. So that I can find them easier and share their photos with them. Whenever I take a photo of a friend or a family member, it recognizes their face and puts that photo in their album which is shared with that person and they can see their own photo! This way, it brings more people to OneDrive because they can see their photos taken by other family members in real time and get notified. Windows 10 has face recognition in…

96 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          3 comments  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Bring back "Right click pause Sync"

Bring back "Right click pause Sync"
                          This feature only needed 2 clicks before. Now we need 3 clicks. It is a step back in user experience!

11 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            1 comment  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Folder sync

Add ability to sync entire folder from file system. Whenever files are updated in the synced folder it should sync it. No matter where files are edited (cloud or using another app) folder should sync. Some third party apps are providing such feature but you are not #Strange

85 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              0 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Group Your Individual Work OneDrive Folder with your Corporate/Sites OneDrive on the Desktop Client

Currently I have to navigate to two separate places. It would be nice if all my work related company files whether they be more individual or shared be grouped in one folder/drive.

I think Google Drive File Stream's structure where one has "My Drive" and "Team Drives" is easier to understand and these are both contained in the the same folder/drive.

In short it would be nice if OneDrive lived up to it's name and all work related files were stored in OneDrive on my computer. I'm on a Mac, but believe the same structure exists in Windows as well.

13 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                1 comment  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Ability to switch between update rings (Production to Enterprise or Enterprise to Production).

Microsoft says that you can define the Rings in Group Policy. Sadly this is NOT completely accurate. Here is what you can do:
                                • If you are in the Production ring (18.06x) and you want to go to the Enterprise ring (18.025.x).
                                • You add the registry setting as they say here:
                                https://support.office.com/en-us/article/use-group-policy-to-control-onedrive-sync-client-settings-0ecb2cf5-8882-42b3-a6e9-be6bda30899c?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US#enableenterpriseupdate
                                Section: “Delay updating OneDrive.exe until the second release wave”.
                                • You will not be able to change your version until the Enterprise ring gets a version higher then the one you already have. Which means you will have to wait around 60 days…

Please add the ability…

14 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Allow external users to open/download the attachment on Teams chat when external sharing setup is off in the OneDrive admin center

■Title(件名):
                                  OneDrive for Business の外部共有設定により、Teams の [チャット] で外部ユーザーへの [添付] が制限される

Allow external users to open/download the attachment on Teams chat when external sharing setup is off in the OneDrive For Business admin center
                                  ■Description(内容):
                                  OneDrive for Business の外部共有を無効にしている。
                                  Teams の [チャット] より、外部ユーザーにファイルを [添付] したい。
                                  この状態で [添付] はできるが、外部ユーザーは [添付] されたファイルを開いたりダウンロードが行えない。
                                  これは、[添付] から [OneDrive] を選択しても、[マイ コンピューターからアップロード] を選択しても同様の結果になる。
                                  OneDrive for Business では外部共有を無効にしたいが、Teams の [チャット] ではファイルを添付して利用したい。
                                  別で設定できるように機能を拡張してほしい。

We would like to attach files to external users on Teams chat when external sharing setup is off in our OneDrive for Business.
                                  The problem here is that we actually can attach files…

7 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Have the capability to scan directly to a shared folder on the phone app.

Being able to quickly scan a document to one of your "owned" OneDrive folders is a great feature (While you are in the folder all you do is press "+" then the scan symbol.) You even have the option to name it. However, this feature within "shared" folders is not available. it would be even more powerful if you could grant others permission to use this productive scan feature in a folder you "shared" with them.

28 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      0 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • OneDrive move to external on any Samsung still fails 6-2018!

Ryan, there is a separate topic where you said this was working, it's NOT for any Samsung users and probably others!

You seem to be ignoring that thread, titled,'Allow OneDrive app on Android to be moved to SD card including storing offline files'.

Could you please comment here, or at least back in the other topic, so all of us still actively using it get some feedback as to your progress on solving the problem on the most widely used mobile platform in the world (yes there are more Samsungs than iPhones)?

I am attaching the threads from just the…

6 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        1 comment  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Sharing UI Flow Update

This suggestion is to update the UI/UX for sharing to be less confusing for users. When going through the process to share a file in OneDrive for Business, the blue "Send" button is enabled regardless of whether the user has added anyone's email addresses. This is also the case if the user picks "Everyone with existing access" then tries to hit "Send" with a message - assuming OneDrive will re-generate a message to everyone with existing access.
                                        To improve this, the "Send" button should only really be enabled (clickable) if the user has successfully added valid e-mail addresses when sharing…

3 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          1 comment  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Enable us to set NAS as sync destination when synchronizing items in OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):
                                          OneDrive for Business と NAS を連携できるようにしてほしい。

Enable us to set NAS as sync destination when synchronizing items in OneDrive for Business
                                          ■Description(内容):
                                          NAS で更新したデータを自動的にバックアップできるように OneDrive for Business の同期先として NAS を設定できるようにしてほしい。

We hope the feature will be implemented that enables selecting NAS as the sync destination when we sync items in OneDrive for Business so as we can automatically make backups of data updated in NSA.

Thank you for your consideration.

12 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive

Feedback and Knowledge Base