OneDrive

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 100 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Don't attempt to implement Dynamic Type (larger text) on iPhone/iPad.

If Large Text is selected (via Settings/General/Accessability) this is poorly implemented on OneDrive, eg folder names beneath the folder icon (Files view). People with visual disabilities can Zoom the whole page. As mentioned elsewhere when folders are displayed with a sliver of a photo please can this be enlarged as per oneDrive v9.9 (v10 is a setback).

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1 comment  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Make the prohibit creation of OneDrive for Business reflected properly.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):OneDrive for Business の作成を禁止した設定がリセットされる事象について

Make the prohibit creation of OneDrive for Business reflected properly.
      ■Description(内容):
      SharePoint 管理センターのユーザー権限の管理から、ユーザーが 個人用サイトを作成できないよう設定したが、その後設定がリセットされ OneDrive for Business が利用可能な状態となってしまった。
      個人用サイトの作成権限を解除した際に、ユーザー権限の管理欄が空欄になっている場合に設定がリセットされ、個人用サイトの作成が可能な状態に戻ってしまう。
      本事象の改善と、個人用サイトが意図せず作成される事象について公開情報を用意して欲しい。

Even I set the user to not be able to create "My Site" from [Manage User Permissions] in the SharePoint administration center, however, the settings were automatically reset and the user will be able to use OneDrive for Business eventually after that. In case of the Management column of User, Permission is blank when disabling the creation authority of My Site, the setting is reset to the state where the creation of…

19 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Attaching multiple jpeg's from OneDrive for Business to MS Outlook renames the file structure

Attaching multiple jpeg's from OneDrive for Business to MS Outlook renames the file structure

I noticed that when you want to send multiple jpeg’s from OneDrive to MS Outlook on an iPad, it renames the files to file-x.jpeg etc. If you want to send one picture from OneDrive to Outlook, it holds the filename structure.
        I am using an iPad Air 2 with the latest iOS 11.2.6 running Outlook Ver 2.65.0, OneDrive for Business 10.4.If you are within Outlook and attach files from OneDrive for Business it doesn’t rename the file structure but you can’t attach multiple files at once.…

20 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Implement the feature to control synchronization of workgroup users not joining to AD.

■Title(件名):
          OneDrive 管理センターの同期の設定機能について

Implement the feature to control synchronization of workgroup users not joining to AD.
          ■Description(内容):
          OneDrive 管理センターの同期設定にて、[指定のドメインに参加しているPC上でのみ同期を許可する] の設定の他に、AD に所属していないワークグループ ユーザーの同期を許可および禁止の制御を行う機能を搭載してほしい

We recognized that it is possible to select “Allow syncing only on PCs joined to specific domains” setting in “Sync” in OneDrive admin center. Other than the setting, I hope you to implement the feature to control allowing and prohibiting of synchronization of workgroup users not joining to AD.

Thank you for your consideration.

10 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • Mac OS Finder Tags

Please add support for adding/viewing tags to files just like Mac OS Finder or the iOS files app.

25 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              1 comment  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Set the access restrictions to the all personal OneDrive at once from Sync Client.

■Title(件名): 同期クライアントにて、個人向け OneDrive へのアクセス制限機能を標準機能として追加して欲しい。

Set the access restrictions to the all personal OneDrive at once from Sync Client.
              ■Description(内容):
              グループ ポリシー構成にて同期クライアントから個人向け OneDrive へのアクセスを制限できることは確認している。同期クライアントから、簡単に制限をかけられるような機能を追加して欲しい。
              また、他端末でも個人向け OneDrive へのアクセス制限を一括でかけられる機能を追加して欲しい。​

Currently, we recognize that we are able to set the access restrictions on the personal One Drive from the Sync Client in [Group Policy Configuration]. In addition to this function, I would like to add a function that can restrict the accessibility from Sync Client.

Also, it would be great that if the feature will be enabled to apply the access restrictions to the all personal OneDrive all at once…

8 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                0 comments  ·  Developer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Scan to sharepoint from One drive app

Enable Scan function in One drive app for Android, specifically to a Sharepoint document library.

14 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  1 comment  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Permission user folders

Good work!
                  We are testing the synchronization between different dividends in SharePoint linked to user accounts.
                  We have encountered an unnecessary problem.
                  When a user has no permissions for a folder, it appears with a red cross and sync message appears.

In the mobile app, the folders for which the user is not authorized does not appear, so it should be.
                  When do you plan to fix this?

174 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    5 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Provide the Files On-Demand service regardless of the version of OS.

■Title(件名): ファイル オンデマンド機能を利用可能な OS バージョンについて

Provide the Files On-Demand service regardless of the version of OS.
                    ■Description(内容):
                    ​OneDrive for Business 同期クライアントにてファイル オンデマンドを利用する際には、現在 Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (バージョン : 1709) 以降の OS でのみ提供されているため、他の Windows 7 や バージョン : 1709 以前の Windows OS でも利用できるようにしてほしい。

Currently, we are aware of that the Files On-Demand services in OneDrive for Business Sync Client.are only available for OS of Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (version:1709) or later version. Furthermore, please make this feature available on Windows 7 and version:1709 or earlier Windows OS as well.

Thank you for your consideration.

7 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • schedule quiet hours

A common option in most app, can we have the ability to turn on quiet hours on a schedule so work emails won't be received while at home?

7 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Face Recognition and Album Creation

There one missing key feature and that is face recognition and ability to tag faces of friends and family members. So that I can find them easier and share their photos with them. Whenever I take a photo of a friend or a family member, it recognizes their face and puts that photo in their album which is shared with that person and they can see their own photo! This way, it brings more people to OneDrive because they can see their photos taken by other family members in real time and get notified. Windows 10 has face recognition in…

40 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          0 comments  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Enable launching the files from the browser with the apps installed on the Client PC even for the extensions that are not related to Office.

■Title(件名): ブラウザーからドキュメントを表示する際の、サード パーティー製アプリケーションとの連携について。

Enable launching the files from the browser with the apps installed on the Client PC even for the extensions that are not related to Office.
                          ■Description(内容):
                          OneDrive for Business 上でドキュメントを表示する際、Office クライアントでの起動か、Office Online での起動が選択可能になっている。
                          Office に関連した拡張子以外 (.pdf や .jpeg など) も、設定によりブラウザーから表示する際にクライアント PC にインストールされているアプリケーションで直接起動できる機能を追加要望です。
                          ​​
                          As a standard behavior, the users are able to choose from which to launch with Office Client or Office Online when viewing documents on OneDrive for Business.

In addition to this, we hope the implementation that the feature will be enabled to directly launch the files from the browser with…

10 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Progress info for on-demand sync

It would be more user-friendly to show current progress of on-demand folders sync. Currently it's only shown as "Processing changes" and popping up new files in the OneDrive pane. User doesn't know how fast is it going, how much files are left, when it will end. Having similar info as for classic sync would be nice.

59 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              1 comment  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Provide the availability to change the second language setting of the site freely and the language setting on the user profile all at once.

■Title(件名):OneDrive for Business の言語設定をユーザー作成時に管理者が行う方法、およびサイトの第二言語の設定、ユーザープロファイル上の言語設定を管理者が一括で変更する機能を要望いたします。

Provide the availability to change the second language setting of the site freely and the language setting on the user profile all at once.
                              ■Description(内容):
                              母国語のみがわかるユーザーの場合、言語の変更を行う場合にもテナントで設定している​​​​母国語以外の言語が読めないと設定変更が行えないため、OneDrive for Business の言語設定をユーザー作成時に管理者が行う方法、およびサイトの第二言語の設定、ユーザープロファイル上の言語設定を管理者が一括で変更する機能を要望いたします。​​​

Currently, I am concerned that the users have a difficulty in changing the language settings due to they cannot understand other than their native languages in which set by tenant unit. So that, I hope the feature will be improved that allows the admin to individually select the language setting of OneDrive for Business in case of adding users.

In addition to this,…

10 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • OneDrive files on demand for OSX and iOS. Thank you in advance! :)

implement One Drive on demand for OSX and iOS. Thank you

48 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  0 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • OneDrive indexing for WIndows Search

I am not sure I am at the right place to post this, but since some Microsoft engineer said here would be a more appropriate place for my post in Microsoft Community, here it goes (don't shoot me if this is considered cross posting):

Prior to installing the Fall Creators Update on my Windows 10 machine last week, all my files stored in any of my OneDrive subfolders were indexed and fully searchable through Windows Search. For example, entering ‘content:management‘ in the upper right search box would return all the documents (PDF, Word, etc.) that contained the word ‘management’.

Right…

90 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    11 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • I do not want my OneDrive to create folders automatically like "Documents" and "Attachments".

I do not want my OneDrive to create folders automatically like "Documents" and "Attachments".

3 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Fix it so it works on Amazon Fire tablets!

The App tells me there's no wifi when trying to use it on an Amazon Fire tablet. Nothing I have tried fixes the problem. The App is useless.

12 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        0 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • OneDrive CSP for MDM management

With SilentConfig coming (https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/OneDrive-Blog/Previews-for-Silent-Sync-Account-Configuration-and-Bandwidth/bc-p/120993#M252) we need the ability to configure clients through MDM (Intune). A OneDrive CSP would help us achieve this.

113 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          3 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Enable viewing the Image library properly without the OneDrive Apps.

■Title(件名):
                                          SharePoint アプリからの呼び出しの際に OneDrive アプリ経由の画像ライブラリの表示が可能な機能の実装を要望します。

Enable viewing the Image library properly without the OneDrive Apps.
                                          ■Description(内容):
                                          SharePointアプリからサイト内の画像ライブラリを開くと OneDriveアプリが起動しますが、エラーが表示され画像をを見ることができないない。そのため、OneDrive アプリを経由せずとも正確に画像ライブラリが見られるように機能の改善を希望します。

Currently, I am concerned that you cannot see the image when opening the Image library in the site from the SharePoint App because of an error occurs after the OneDrive Apps will be automatically launched. Therefore, I hope the feature will be improved that enables viewing the Image library properly without the OneDrive Apps.

Thank you for your continued support.

14 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive

Feedback and Knowledge Base