OneDrive

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 100 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improve the feature of General Japanese description for SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business.

I have difficulty understanding the Japanese description in SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business due to the machine translation is not accurately translating the words so far. For example, there are many places where the meaning of Japanese words are not clear when sharing data only to the specific users on OneDrive for Business although it's hard to get know the function/description, such as the part "Selecting [User listed on the destination line]".

It may cause of the machine translation, but I hope the feature will be implemented enables providing the accurate translation to the Japanese display in the current…

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Implement the function/option to hide the [+] icon which displayed on the left side screen of OneDrive for Business.

I am aware that each user can create an Office 365 group by clicking the [+] icon which appears on the left side screen of OneDrive for Business. To prevent this, I carried out cmdlets to control from the Microsoft Planner, therefore Microsoft Teams also became unusable at the same time.

Then I have been changing the settings to activate Teams, however, each user is still able to create Office 365 groups from their own OneDrive for Business screen.
      For the ease of management, I hope the feature will be implemented enables controlling to hide the [+] icon (to create…

13 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Enable displaying/hiding of the tile display for Office 365 portal screen freely.

Currently, the admin can control the display/hide settings for Office 365 portal screen at once below the steps.

-Steps
        1. Sign in to Office 365 with admin privileges for the entire tenant.
        2. Click [Admin] button from the [App Launcher] menu, and click [SharePoint] at the bottom of the left menu.
        3. Click [Settings] from the menu on the left side of the screen.
        4. Ticked the "Hidden"of "OneDrive for Business" in the "Show or hide options".
        5. Click [OK] at the bottom of the screen.

However, it's not possible to hide Apps individually selected rather than displaying/hiding all at…

24 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • Improve the comprehensive feature of SharePoint/OneDrive Apps for iOS.

I would like to inform the behavior that the user who has "View only" permission on the specific team site is not recognized as Search target so that the user is not found by site search via OneDrive Apps for iOS. Since it can be searched without problem in PC view, I would like the feature to be improved providing the availability as same as OneDrive App as well.

Also, I am able to search the team site via SharePoint Apps, however, the Apps apparently goes down after switching to OneDrive App when the user clicked on the site name,…

13 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • be aware of the registered domain recognized as an external user.

I shared the "Friendly Search" once prohibited among internal users, then I found the registered domain within Office 365 the externally shared one. This causes the inconvenience in case I do not wish the domain concerned to be shared externally because I need to turn on the external sharing setting to perform internal sharing. I would say that you should stop the domain once registered being externally shared.

16 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • provide the public information about ”Grant the access only from the location a specified IP address".

I hope that the ***** information about the restrictions will be created in case the limit on access with IP address is set within OneDrive admin center.
              ・The condition of IP address that is settable
              ・Minute descriptions
              ・The upper value of IP address that is settable
              ・The details when subnet mask is necessary

I hope that the list of the conditions and restriction except the ones mentioned above, which should be publicized in the tabular form in an early stage.

16 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • Be aware of the behavior when deleting the folder in the sync folder on OneDrive for Business.

I would like to inform you that the current behavior of deleting is not working properly. The appropriate behaivor is supposed to be that the data is not moving to the recycle bin on the computer when it is deleted by the command [Shift] + [Del], also the folder and contents are supposed to move into the recycle bin on OneDrive for Business.

However, the corresponding folder still remains on OneDrive for Business in the state where it is released from the selection of the folder to be synced and the items are removed to the recycle bin so far.

7 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Bring back black background on photos slides

Background now is white on photos.

Please change it back to black, or give users the option to select it.

For photographers this is important. My wife now is all upset about this.

20 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    4 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Implement the Check-in/out function for the modern UI as well.

I am aware of the Check-in/out function is available from the OneDrive screen in the classic experience, but it cannot be displayed in the modern UI. For increasing Usability, I hope the feature to be able to use the Check-in/out function for the modern UI as well. In addition, it would be great if the feature will add a function that disenables editing in the modern OneDrive screen due to prevent the unexpected document duplication occurs when collaborating on Excel Client as well.

Here is the reference for Office365 features in March 2017.
                    Title: "Excel collaborative editing, etc."
                    https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/microsoft_office_/2017/04/04/new-office-365-march-co-authoring-excel/

Thank…

17 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Enable accessing and editing the folders by local users synchronized with public group sites.

Currently, the local users are required to access the synchronized folders with the public group site of Windows7 (Synced by NGSC) from the "network" within the explorer by each terminal (such as Windows 10) and editing the files for the Document Library of the Public group sites. Although it can be used in the above operation, there is no guarantee to work properly at the present, so that I hope the feature will be improved to be officially used a function.

19 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • implement the feature to control share item.

I am aware that a shared user is able to perform the setting to share the shared files and folders with different users. I am not willing to do so, and therefore I hope the feature to be implemented that could enable to make a limit on the tenant user's access as well as on an external user's one.

16 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • implement the feature to edit directly Access files within One Drive for Business.

I am currently saving Access data base within internal server, at the same time, I am planning to use One Drive for Business instead of the server. However, I am advised that it is more difficult to use One Drive for Business to save the Access data than to utilize the internal server. Due to a large amount of data we hold, it could be helpful to use One Drive for Business instead of the internal server limiting data storage, I hope the feature to be implemented that could enable to edit and view the database outside of the office…

8 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Enable syncing the data from the external hard disk to OneDrive for Business.

I am aware of the new sync folder has been created in the "C-drive" when the initial synchronization is performed on OneDrive for Business by default. Also, it takes the time to copy the items from the external hard disk to the OneDrive for Business synchronization folder manually by D&D.

I hope the feature will be improved to sync the data from the external hard disk to OneDrive for Business directly in order to saving the capacity for the local computer through the user synchronized the items to OneDrive for Business. (without copying process or else)

Thank you for your…

15 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Provide the detailed information of the scripts for the new feature in advance notification.

Nowadays, OneDrive admin center is available to enable getting the notifications or the details of configurable new feature information. However, I have difficulty in understanding the description perhaps which made by the machine translation.

So that, I wish the system will provide the information with the accurate language translation to OneDrive admin center. In addition, it would be great if the admin could get to know the scripts of the new feature in advance notification from OneDrive admin center.

19 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Allow setting the bandwidth limitation when uploading large files by dragging and dropping to the browser.

We currently recognized that bandwidth limitation of uploading is possible to set by sync clients. However, the bandwidth limitation is not allowed in the environments where synchronization is prohibited.

Therefore, I hope the feature will be enabled to allow bandwidth limitation even uploading large files by dragging and dropping to the browsers for increasing usability. Thank you for your continued support.

13 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Enrich the prohibition of sharing setting for all users in OneDrive for Business.

Currently, I am aware of that the admin can prohibit the external sharing for users in tenants, by the way, it cannot be prohibited the internal sharing at the present. For security protection, I hope the feature will be implemented to provide the prohibit sharing setting for all users as well. (Internal/External)

13 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • provide me with the authorization while creating a "Share with everyone" folder.

When I start to use the One Drive for Business within Power Shell, I enable the cmdlet in which the "Share with everyone" folder generates automatically and the authorization is given.

The reference that I checked:
                                    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/6bb02c91-fd0b-42ba-9457-3921cb6dc5b2

Although at this point, I am able to finish completing the creation of folder, I hope the behavior to be improved that enables to give authorization properly to me because I have no authorization that I am supposed to be given.

76 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      2 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Allow controlling the settings for the Download Bandwidth of OneDrive.exe.

Currently, it is possible to set the Maximum Download Bandwidth by Group Policy. By the way, I am aware of the Controlling download bandwidth is not available in the current function. For the ease of management, I hope the feature will be able to control the setting for the Download Bandwidth of OneDrive.exe as well. Thank you for your support.

21 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Improve the feature of Synchronization for multiple document libraries in a lump.

Now I am aware of that the user required to set each time on each document library when setting up the synchronization with the PC. It is very time-consuming to do this process each time when the user is performing of synchronizations many times. Therefore, it would be great if the feature will be improved to sync multiple document libraries in a lump for increasing usability.

13 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • improve the behavior to save the items with iPad into the share folders.

I am unable to save the documents once created through Office app such as Excel on iPad into the the folders shared from each user instead of my own OneDrive for Business, and therefore I hope this behavior to be improved.

13 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive

Feedback and Knowledge Base