OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Rename Onedrive for Business Root Folder

Allow Businesses to rename their OneDrive for Business Root Folder

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      3 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Display the full-size PDF thumbnails on Explorer when the Files On-Demand is turned on.

*English follows Japanese
      ■Title(件名):
      OneDrive for Business 同期時に、ファイル オンデマンド機能を有効にすると、エクスプローラー上で PDF ファイルのサムネイルの半分が表示されない。

Display the full-size PDF thumbnails on Explorer when the Files On-Demand is turned on.
      ■Description(内容):
      OneDrive for Business の同期を行っている際、ファイル オンデマンド機能が無効の場合には、PDF のサムネイルが正しく表示されるが、ファイル オンデマンド機能を有効にすると、有効にしたタイミングで、サムネイル画像がクロップ(サムネイル画像の半分より上のみ表示) される。
      すべての端末で確認しており、本件については正しくサムネイルが表示されるように修正をお願いします。

While synching OneDrive for Business, the PDF thumbnails are displayed correctly when the Files On-Demand feature is turned off.
      However, there is a problem that the PDF thumbnails will be cropped (which means it displays only upper half of thumbnails) if the Files On-Demand was turned on. This behavior is confirmed on all devices.

Therefore, we hope this behavior will be corrected to display…

5 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • On-Demand files: invalid ms-dos function

Before on-demand files was synchronization ok.
        I have junction directory link in OneDrive folder to second hard-drive folder. The files are marked with syncing arrows, but they are not syncing. When I select file and choose "Always keep on this device", it shows "Invalid MS-DOS function" message.

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Display specific error messages in status bar

■Title(件名):
          サイト コレクションの管理者を確認するコマンドレットについて

Display specific error messages in status bar
          ■Description(内容):
          以下の サイト コレクション の管理者を確認するコマンドレット操作を、該当のサイト コレクションの所有者ではない SharePoint 管理者 の役割を持つユーザーが実施した場合、すべて "False" で表示される動作となる。
          構文 :Get-SPOUser -Site <SiteURL> | ? {$_.IsSiteAdmin -eq 1} | select LoginName,DisplayName,IsSiteAdmin
          当該のサイトに対して管理者権限がなくステータスを取得できない場合は、 "False" ではなく、情報取得ができなかったことを示すステータスを表示するようにしてほしい。

Users get “False” error when not the site collection owner but users with an admin role in SharePoint Online runs cmdlet below to check site collection admin.

cmdlet:Get-SPOUser -Site <SiteURL> | ? {$_.IsSiteAdmin -eq 1} | select LoginName,DisplayName,IsSiteAdmin

For improvement of usability and manageability, If users are not admin, and they can not get status, it would be nice if…

4 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Group Your Individual Work OneDrive Folder with your Corporate/Sites OneDrive on the Desktop Client

Currently I have to navigate to two separate places. It would be nice if all my work related company files whether they be more individual or shared be grouped in one folder/drive.

I think Google Drive File Stream's structure where one has "My Drive" and "Team Drives" is easier to understand and these are both contained in the the same folder/drive.

In short it would be nice if OneDrive lived up to it's name and all work related files were stored in OneDrive on my computer. I'm on a Mac, but believe the same structure exists in Windows as well.

13 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              1 comment  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Ability to switch between update rings (Production to Enterprise or Enterprise to Production).

Microsoft says that you can define the Rings in Group Policy. Sadly this is NOT completely accurate. Here is what you can do:
              • If you are in the Production ring (18.06x) and you want to go to the Enterprise ring (18.025.x).
              • You add the registry setting as they say here:
              https://support.office.com/en-us/article/use-group-policy-to-control-onedrive-sync-client-settings-0ecb2cf5-8882-42b3-a6e9-be6bda30899c?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US#enableenterpriseupdate
              Section: “Delay updating OneDrive.exe until the second release wave”.
              • You will not be able to change your version until the Enterprise ring gets a version higher then the one you already have. Which means you will have to wait around 60 days…

Please add the ability…

14 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Allow external users to open/download the attachment on Teams chat when external sharing setup is off in the OneDrive admin center

■Title(件名):
                OneDrive for Business の外部共有設定により、Teams の [チャット] で外部ユーザーへの [添付] が制限される

Allow external users to open/download the attachment on Teams chat when external sharing setup is off in the OneDrive For Business admin center
                ■Description(内容):
                OneDrive for Business の外部共有を無効にしている。
                Teams の [チャット] より、外部ユーザーにファイルを [添付] したい。
                この状態で [添付] はできるが、外部ユーザーは [添付] されたファイルを開いたりダウンロードが行えない。
                これは、[添付] から [OneDrive] を選択しても、[マイ コンピューターからアップロード] を選択しても同様の結果になる。
                OneDrive for Business では外部共有を無効にしたいが、Teams の [チャット] ではファイルを添付して利用したい。
                別で設定できるように機能を拡張してほしい。

We would like to attach files to external users on Teams chat when external sharing setup is off in our OneDrive for Business.
                The problem here is that we actually can attach files…

7 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Enable us to set NAS as sync destination when synchronizing items in OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):
                  OneDrive for Business と NAS を連携できるようにしてほしい。

Enable us to set NAS as sync destination when synchronizing items in OneDrive for Business
                  ■Description(内容):
                  NAS で更新したデータを自動的にバックアップできるように OneDrive for Business の同期先として NAS を設定できるようにしてほしい。

We hope the feature will be implemented that enables selecting NAS as the sync destination when we sync items in OneDrive for Business so as we can automatically make backups of data updated in NSA.

Thank you for your consideration.

12 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • I do not want my OneDrive to create folders automatically like "Documents" and "Attachments".

I do not want my OneDrive to create folders automatically like "Documents" and "Attachments".

17 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Keep providing the services that currently offered of the "Versioning" feature.

■Title(件名):
                      SharePoint Online および OneDrive for Business のバージョン管理設定の動作変更について

Keep providing the services that currently offered of the "Versioning" feature.
                      ■Description(内容):
                      ​公開情報より、SharePoint Online および OneDrive for Business のバージョン管理機能の動作変更が行われることを確認している状況です。
                      バージョン管理を無効にする機能や、100 未満のバージョンを保持するように設定する機能がサポートされなくなることでサイト コレクションの使用容量の圧迫につながることが想定されるため、本機能を継続して使用できるよう、動作変更について再度検討を希望します。​​

Based on the public information, we confirmed that Updates of the "Versioning" feature will be coming up for SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business.

What we worry is that the use of the Site collection capacity will be consumed more than necessary because of it is no longer to be supporting the feature to disable "Versioning" and make a setting to retain the versions less than…

11 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Add copy and paste/transfer feature to OneDrive For Business

■Title(件名):
                        OneDrive for Business でのアイテムの移動、コピーについて

Add copy and paste/transfer feature to OneDrive For Business

■Description(内容):
                        異なるアカウントの OneDrive for Business へ直接データを送るため、OneDrive for Business 間でのデータの移動、およびコピーの機能について追加を希望します。

We would like to see the feature that copy and paste/transfer the data, so that we can transfer the data to other users within same organization directory without syncing it first.

5 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • enable encryption at rest of files in personal onedrive

Hi, I would appreciate if Microsoft could implement encryption at rest for personal Onedrive files. To be honest, I am a fan of Onedrive and I could see how it has become much better over the years. The only thing that is holding it back for many personal consumers is the lack of encryption at rest. It makes Onedrive look very dated in the light of its competitors who are rapidly growing market share.

I understand that similar requests have been raised over the years, but still no action yet. At least give users an explanation please.

47 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Enable displaying the list of the IRM setting status for each library by running PowerShell cmdlts

■Title(件名):
                            PowerShell コマンドレットにて各ライブラリに対して設定している IRM を一覧で表示できるようにして欲しい。
                            Enable displaying the list of the IRM setting status for each library by running PowerShell cmdlts
                            ■Description(内容):

各ユーザーの OneDrive for Business に対して IRM 設定の実施の有無を確認したいと考えている。
                            しかしながら、監査ログでも IRM の設定の有無を確認することができない状況です。
                            管理者権限にて管理できるように、一覧で IRM 設定の有無を確認できる機能を追加して欲しい。

We would like to check the status of IRM settings for each user's OneDrive for Business.
                            However, it is not possible to confirm the IRM settings status in the Audit log at present.

For ease of the management, I hope the feature will be added to allow administrators to confirm the IRM setting status in the list.

Thank you for your…

7 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • CPU usage is very high with 10.14 Mojave beta

OneDrive app 18.091.0506.0007 with MacOS 10.14 beta 18A326g on MacBook Pro ... I have noticed that the OneDrive app when started on boot pulls significant CPU time as well as associated energy usage (fan runs continuously). This draw continues after OneDrive completes initial sync. If I quite the app and then restart app, CPU and energy usage drops to a couple of percent which is what I observe with macOS 10.3.5 on my iMac.

1 vote
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Provide the feature to export the audit log acquired from PowerShell on OneDrive for Business UI

■Title(件名):
                                PowerShell にて検出した監査ログの情報を OneDrive for Business 上に出力する機能の要望

Provide the feature to export the audit log acquired from PowerShell on OneDrive for Business UI
                                ■Description(内容):

PowerShell のスクリプトにて監査ログを取得した際に、取得したログ情報を OneDrive for Business の UI 上に出力する機能を提供してほしい。
                                ローカル PC 上にエクスポートするのではなく、Web 上に保存できるようにしてほしい。

We hope you to provide the feature to export the log information to OneDrive for Business UI when we acquire the audit log by running PowerShell script.

Saving the log information on the web is preferable to exporting it on the local PC.

4 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Sorting of photos in my own albums

It's not possible to sort and rearrange photos in onedrive albums. They can be sorted in files but when creating an album of your own the photos are mixed again. While using traditional photoalbums everyone wants to clue the the photos in a certain order. Do you agree?? Is is impossible to put into practice in onedrive albums, too???

20 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    0 comments  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Improve the performance of Restore feature for OneDrive for Business.

投稿テンプレ:
                                    ■Title(件名):
                                    OneDrive for Business の復元機能の性能を向上させて欲しい。

Improve the performance of Restore feature for OneDrive for Business.
                                    ■Description(内容):
                                    OneDrive for Business の復元機能を使用したが、選択した日の状態には戻らなかった。
                                    そのため再度、OneDrive for Business の復元を行ったが時間が数時間もかかる状態であった。
                                    データを扱う機能であるため、正確かつ迅速に復元が行えるように機能のパフォーマンス向上を希望します。

We would like to inform you about the unstable performance of Restore feature in OneDrive for Business.

Even though we specified the date when restoring items, the data of items was not completely restored to the state of specified date. We had to redo the restoring processes again and it took hours to be completed.

For proper management of items, I hope you to improve the performance of the Restore…

4 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Ability to restore older or deleted versions of data in a specific folder on OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):
                                      OneDrive for Business 上の指定したフォルダー内のデータを過去の状態に復元する機能について

Ability to restore older or deleted versions of data in a specific folder on OneDrive for Business
                                      ■Description(内容):
                                      2018 年に OneDrive for Business に新しく実装された、"OneDrive を復元する" 機能については、OneDrive for Business 全体を過去 30 日以内の指定した日時に復元可能ですが、フォルダー内のアイテムのみを、同様に指定した過去の状態に戻すことができる機能につきましても、実装をお願いいたします。

With newly announced "Restore to OneDrive" feature in 2018, we can restore whole OneDrive for Business to specified date and time within the past 30 days. However, current settings does not allow users to restore specific items in a folder, so for improvement of usability and manageability, it is nice if the feature is implemented to restore older or deleted…

4 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • More granular settings for Files On Demand

I want to be able to disable files on demand for my personal OneDrive for Business folder, but enabled for all the SharePoints I'm syncing down. This is not possible as of 2018.06.13.

I'd wish for more granular settings for Files On Demand, on a per SharePoint / OneDrive folder basis.

4 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Stop restoring long deleted files

OneDrive has a horrible habit of restoring long deleted files and I know the cause. I commission one of my clients laptops manually and therefore logon as my account to install software. OneDrive is synchronised on this computer. I then typically don't logon for months but when I do, OneDrive assumes that the files found locally are new and re-synchronises them back even though they were deleted afterwards on another computer. This might not seem like a big problem except today is restored an old script with a similar name which had been deleted. I didn't spot this and ran…

3 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

OneDrive Archive

Feedback and Knowledge Base