OneDrive

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 100 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Version 10.1 image tiles too small

New version has significantly reduced image tile size, that’s not the point of image tiles!

List image size is now about the same size as tiled & there’s lots of wasted space when using tiled view.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1 comment  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Single page scrolling of pdf

Stop forcing side by side viewing of 2 pdf pages when iPad is held landscape. Give option to change how pdf is displayed

19 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • On-Demand file storage

Please bring On-Demand file storage to OneDrive for Mac.

107 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          3 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Improve the sharing OneDrive for Business.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):OneDrive for Business での共有について

Improve the sharing OneDrive for Business.
          -------
          ■Description_JP (内容):OneDrive for Business にて、[特定のユーザー] という設定で共有設定をすると、共有アイテムにアクセスする際、Microsoft アカウントか、Office 365 アカウントを使用してのサインインが必要になる。共有相手がアカウントを持っているとは限らないのと、取得の手間を考えると、他の方法で認証できるようにして欲しい。

In case I get accessed the shared items in OneDrive for Business after the sharing setting using the [Specific User], The sigh-in used by Microsoft account or Office 365 account is requested. However, not all the shared users have their own accounts and acquiring those accounts takes a lot of trouble. Therefore, I hope that the [Specific User] will be authenticated by other methods.
          -----

16 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Better support for Sketch.app files

We still use Dropbox as OneDrive doesn't play nicely with the Sketch.app files on the Mac our user experience designers use. We'd love to move off of Dropbox entirely and only use OneDrive, but aren't able to until Sketch.app files are better supported.

142 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              8 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Allow setting the bulk enable/disable the IRM setting for OneDrive for Business personal site by the admin

■Title(件名):OneDrive for Business 個人用サイトの IRM 設定を、管理者が一括で有効、無効に設定できるようにしたい

Allow setting the bulk enable/disable the IRM setting for OneDrive for Business personal site by the admin
              ■Description(内容):
              OneDrive for Business 個人用サイトの IRM 設定を、管理者が一括で有効、無効に設定できるようにしたい。
              Office 365 管理センターおよび、SharePoint 管理センターからIRMを無効化した場合、OneDrive for Business 以外にも設定に影響が出る。

I have noticed the behavior that when admin disabled the IRM setting for the OneDrive for Business personal site via Office 365 Admin Center or SharePoint Admin Center, the settings exclusive of OneDrive for Business will be affected too.
              It would be great if the admin will be able to bulk enable/disable the IRM setting for OneDrive for Business…

8 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Implement the feature to enable next sync client to share with external users.

■Title(件名):次世代同期クライアントでの外部ユーザーとの同期機能について

Implement the feature to enable next sync client to share with external users.
                -------
                ■Description_JP (内容):次世代同期クライアントでの外部ユーザーとの同期機能について、実装を希望。 

I hope that OneDrive for Business's feature will enable the next generation sync client to synchronize with external users.
                -----

13 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Enable Cortana to use OneDrive music to play on Harman/Kardon Invoke

I really want to be able to play the music that I have stored on my OneDrive on my Harman/Kardon Invoke.
                  Groove integration would also be nice, then I can play Groove playlists on my Invoke.

12 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    0 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Allow File Explorer to display OneDrive folder names that are not subscribed.

Its great that we can subscribe, or not, to OneDrive folders and thus, ease the burden on the local hard drive. However, it would be nice to at least view all the folder names of those that are not subscribed. Without the ability to View, I've often created duplicate folders (which get created with the new name plus "PC name"). Unsubscribed folder names could be indicated as such with a color or other icon.

Additionally, allowing a Save to that unsubscribed location would be good too.

4 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      1 comment  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Specifiy folder Language per user

As the default Language of a OneDrive Site is set by location of your tenant, all our OneDrive Sites have English as default language. That means that all Folders, which are created by default (like Attachments, Notebooks, etc.) are also displayed in English. Please make it possible to specifiy the OneDrive Defauld language or the language for those Folders for individual users, because not everyone in our company is capable of speaking English.

27 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Allow users to only synchronize the folder specified by the admin.

■Title(件名):ユーザーが同期できるフォルダーを管理者で制御したい。

Allow users to only synchronize the folder specified by the admin.
                        ■Description(内容):
                        各ユーザーが自身の OneDrive for Business の同期を行う際、管理者が指定したフォルダーしか同期できないようにする設定が欲しい。

For the security protection, I hope the feature will be implemented to set the restriction that allows users to only synchronize the folder specified by the admin when each user synchronizes their own (personal) OneDrive for Business.

Thank you for your continued support.

7 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Change the displayed message when deleting Quick Note of OneNote Apps for Android.

■Title(件名):Android 版 OneNote アプリのクイックノートを削除した際のメッセージについて

Change the displayed message when deleting Quick Note of OneNote Apps for Android.
                          ■Description(内容):
                          Android 版 OneNote アプリにてクイックノートを削除した際、ノートブック自体に問題があるように受け取るメッセージが表示されるため、クイックノートの設定を変更して削除することで、既定のノートブックを設定変更が可能であることを促すメッセージを表示するようにしてほしい。

We are concerned about that the message seems like the error occurrence will be displayed when you delete Quick Notes in OneNote application via Android. In order to increase the usability, please implement the feature that can be changed the current setting of Quick Notes to delete the message and make a new message displayed indicating that you can change the setting of the default Notebook.

Thank you for your consideration.

6 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            0 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • 40% CPU usage

Even though all my files are up to date and OneDrive is seemingly doing nothing, it's using upwards of 40% of my CPU resources, causing the chip to turbo up to 3.44Ghz constantly. This is ridiculous and is extremely detrimental to laptop battery life which is important for people who need to get work done on the go. I used to be able to get 4 hours of battery life, now I only get 1 hour all thanks to OneDrive.

4 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              1 comment  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Allow confirming the status of folder's permission inheritance at a glance on OneDrive for Business.

■Title(件名):OneDrive for Business のフォルダーの権限の継承をツリー状で表示する機能の要望

Allow confirming the status of folder's permission inheritance at a glance on OneDrive for Business.
                              ■Description(内容):
                              OneDrive for Business 上のフォルダーの権限の継承状況をツリー状で表示させ、確認する機能を実装してほしい。
                              現在は個別にフォルダーを選択して権限の継承を確認することが可能だが、下層のフォルダーの継承状況を確認できないため、改善してほしい。

I hope you to implement a function that allows us to view the status of folder's permission inheritance on OneDrive for Business in tree form and check at a glance.

Although it is possible to select folders individually and check the permission inheritance, we cannot confirm the inheritance situation of the lower level folders so far. It will greatly help if we can have an ability to check them all at…

7 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Improve the feature of synchronizing more than 100,000 items on a stable basis for OneDrive.

I am aware of the behavior the restriction mentioned that the sync performance will possibly deteriorate when the stored items in the library exceed 100,000 items more. However, I need to operate this process frequently so that I wish the feature will be improved enables sync more than 100,000 items on a stable basis as soon as possible.

Although I have concerns about if the synchronization is going to be impossible to proceed unexpectly, but so as MS described as "We are working on optimization of OneDrive to improve processing of many Libraries." below the Reference information.

Title: Restrictions on…

361 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  13 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • READ ONLY

Could we please have a basic read only setting that doesn't allow 2 users to access the same file (like with network files). File collaboration isn't working or causes too many sync issues. I think the software would be much more stable if this mode was added. I appreciate it's a backward step in technical terms but it works well. Don't drop something just because it is old. Is touch screen better than a mouse or was the mouse the best idea from the start? READ ONLY please on one drive (not in sharing options, i know that is already…

10 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    2 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Allow users to edit the text files uploaded to OneDrive for Business via mobile devices.

■Title(件名):
                                    OneDrive for Business 上にアップロードしたテキストファイルを、モバイル端末でも編集できるようにしたい

Allow users to edit the text files uploaded to OneDrive for Business via mobile devices.
                                    ■Description(内容):
                                    PC 端末から OneDrive for Business にアクセスした際は、テキスト エディターを利用して編集と保存が可能である。
                                    しかし、モバイル端末などから OneDrive for Business にブラウザー、OneDrive アプリを使ってアクセスした場合は編集ができない。
                                    モバイル端末でも .txt 形式などのテキスト ファイル を編集できるように機能の追加を要望します。

Currently, it is possible to access OneDrive for Business from a PC device allow us editing and saving by a text editor. However, I feel inconvenience that editing is impossible when accessing to OneDrive for Business from mobile devices using a browser or OneDrive App.

Therefore, I hope the function will be improved enable the user to…

7 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      0 comments  ·  Developer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Improve the behavior of Office client for Mac.

■Title(件名):Mac 版の Office クライアントについて

Improve the behavior of Office client for Mac.
                                      -------
                                      ■Description_JP (内容):Mac 版の Office クライアントを使用しているが、Windows 版に比べ機能が劣ると感じている。Excel にて名簿を作成する際、ふりがなが追加できないことや、できてもアルファベットの入力以外受け付けない、または入力自体ができないこともある。そして日時表示で和暦を選択可能であるにもかかわらず西暦でしか表示されないなど、不便に感じているので、改善してほしい。 

I use the Office client for Mac, but I would say that the feature is inferior to that for Windows. I am currently unable to show the reading of Chinese characters by writing the kana at the name list in Excel nor am I able to add the kana to its list although inputting alphabet it possible. Furthermore, I am able to show only the western calendar even if I can select the Japanese calendar at the…

13 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Show extensions

The main app interface needs an option to turn on extensions. I have a folder right now with over 20 files named test and they each are different programming languages and I can’t tell them apart without the extension. I know you can click on details or open the file within the app but it’s a major hassle when needing one fast

6 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          0 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • edit plain text

Bring back plain-text editor to OneDrive.com.

I have no idea why it was removed in the first place, but it needs to come back. What is the point of being able to create a plain-text document if I can't edit it???

24 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            0 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive

Feedback and Knowledge Base