OneDrive

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 100 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Web Portal New Folders/Documents Safari 10.1.1

There is a problem with the onedrive web partal. Currently in Safari you are not able to create a new folder or office document from both the menu or right mouse click. You have to revert back to the classic UGI to do this. In doing so you loose the fluidity. I have previiuls logged this here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/forum/odwork-odfiles-sdoffice/one-drive-on-safari-1011-will-not-create-new/d0182639-34ea-46de-950e-3a3fa9216b4a

where it was suggested I post here also, thanks.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1 comment  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • improve the setting way of ”Give access only through a specified IP address location”.

In case of setting the access restriction along with IP address within OneDrive Admin center, I hope the details in description or the public information to be utilized to check the available conditions of IP address being set. Hopefully, I wish I could confirm the details about the situation where Subnet Mask is required.

13 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • improve the downloading behavior concerning the folder with double byte characters.

In case OneDrive for Business's folder name contains of double byte characters, the name is garbled when the folders are downloaded.
        Technically, this occurs only on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge instead of Google Chrome and Firefox, and therefore I hope this behavior to be improved.

13 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Implement the automatic machine translation in SharePoint Online's variation feature.

By SharePoint Online's using variation site, I hope the feature to be implemented that could enable to perform the automatic translation into Japanese Source Site(From language site) after editing the Target Site(To language site) in English.

1 vote
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • Roll out enterprise management (GPO etc) with OneDrive Files On Demand

With the new OneDrive Files On Demand feature (placeholder replacement) would it be possible (if it isn't already planned) to incorporate some enterprise controls- for example via Group Policy.

When deploying OneDrive to our environment I'd like to be able to set the defaults on a per-computer and possibly per-user basis. Being able to use item-level targeting would be ideal.

Examples of how these preferences could be used include the ability to set the default behaviour to "Online Only" files for most users (particularly useful for student computer labs in education environments), or turn on "Always Available" on personal computers…

16 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              1 comment  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Add basic ignore file / folder / file type functionality.

It seems like a cloud sync should only do two thing sync some stuff, and not sync others. Why not add that second half of functionality? I see no value in storing TB's of temp files (in my case, 2.5 million files to be exact).

This already exists and works in the non-Windows clients (ignore_v2.ini). Feature parity means this should have been added a long time ago to Windows.

I realize there are really poorly thought out responses saying the solution is not to put files into the OneDrive folder. That isn't the way many project based programs work on…

4 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                1 comment  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • 3 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  2 comments  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • improve OneDrive for Business's share folder.

I am currently using OneDrive for Business's files and folders shared with organizational users by administrating the shared items. When I access to the shared OneDrive for Business, I can confirm the behavior that there are the 2 ”file” columns at the left side and that all the filed and folders currently shared are displayed along with the upper column showing OneDrive for Business's files once shared by the users and the bottom one showing the ”files currently shared”. The modified date of the displayed files are older than the ones actually modified and this might confuse me since I…

7 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Keep the original metadata for all files includes the "Image and Text file" on OneDrive for Business.

Currently, the original metadata (Uploader/Creation date or else) remains in the file even after uploading/downloading on OneDrive for Business for the Office documents, however, the user is only allowed to see the latest metadata for the Image and Text files. Therefore, I hope the feature will be implemented enables keeping the original metadata for all files on OneDrive for Business, created in a local environment.

15 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Implement the function to discard the checked out items at once.

Now I have difficulty in finding or deleting the checked out items due to a lot of items exist in a folder on OneDrive for Business. It does take a time to visually check the status at present. Therefore, I hope the feature will implement to provide the search function for the checked out files and discard the Corresponding items at once.

15 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Enable eliminating a limitation of the threshold of Office 365 side to enhance the convenience.

I am aware of the behavior that If there are more than 5000 items being with a single folder, the progress operation is not normally performed. However, it is frequently happened to exceed 5000 items will be created due to the business operation. So that, I hope the feature will enable eliminating a limitation of the threshold of Office 365 side. (Provide availability to allow more than 5000 items can exist in the folder.)

15 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Wishing to copy my own files into other user's OneDrive for Business

I am using the [Copy] button on my own One Drive for Business's screen but I prefer to use the feature that enable me to copy the files into other user's One Drive for Business.

144 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • make OneDrive available only for internal environment.

I was unable to set the expiration date of the share link once created within OneDrive for Business. I know that an external user's access can be limited when creating a sharing link by the share link feature setting its expiration date. Furthermore, I am unable to set any expiration dates in case an external user's access is prohibited under any circumstances as you execute what that is. Therefore, I hope the setting to be available that could enable to set the expiration date even when making a share link for internal users.

7 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • turn slideshow background in OneDrive back to BLACK as it used to be!!

it was black, for some reason its white and for a sideshow is terrible. Please put it back to white

13 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                1 comment  ·  OneDrive.com  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Be aware of the inappropriate behavior that unavailable service is available for OneDrive for Business.

I am aware of the behavior that it can be saved to SharePoint because of the icon is displayed as the storage destination in the situation when signed in to the Office client with the Office 365 account even under the contract of the Office 365 ProPlus plan. (This plan should not take advantage this service for the user.) In addition, Turning off the "OneDrive for Business (Plan 1)" license does not change the situation at all.

If the service is originally unsupportive, I hope the feature will be fixed to hide the [SharePoint] icon as saving destination when signing…

5 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Allow the user to select the email destination of notifications freely by the shared setting.

For increased usability, I hope the feature will be enabled selecting the mail destination for notifications freely by users when setting sharing permissions on items saved in OneDrive for Business.

Thank you for your continued support.

6 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Enable mapping the Network drive to OneDrive for Business via PowerShell.

Our company is planning to switch internal operation tools, so we are considering assigning OneDrive for Business to network drives while keeping with the system environment. Therefore, I would like to assign OneDrive for Business all at once to network drives and operate it. In order to make the process easier, I hope the feature will be implemented enables mapping Network drive of OneDrive for Business by PowerShell in the near future.

13 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Improve the behavior of the Usage Report for OneDrive for Business.

I would like to inform that the inappropriate behavior happens when acquiring the Usage Report from Office 365 Admin center such as activities that have been done during the report acquisition period is not recorded or activities of outside the reporting period are output.

For our operations, the Usage Report is the important information as a reference so that I hope the feature will be implemented to fix this event and make it not to happen again.

19 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Online Viewer Support for Autocad Files *.dwg

Please add support for Autocad files.

As a global production company we use a fair amount of 2D layouts in our projects. We have recently started using SharePoint Online and Onedrive for manageing and standardising Projects. While our office workers love working with supported documents in SharePoint, our engineers hates it. It's a very cumbersome task, to always download - upload every 2D layout in order to work with them.

If we just could get a viewer it would be a good start enabling Autocad support and a great help to us.

55 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Clarify the difference between "Office 365 Business" and "Office 365 Solo".

Currently, the users are a little confused about the difference between the Office 365 Business and Office 365 Solo. Since they have the similar format name although providing a different service for us. To avoid this situation, I hope the system will provide us the public information that could clarify the difference in each service or change the format name as soon as possible.

10 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive

Feedback and Knowledge Base