OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Auto populate the OneDrive business owner email adress to enable "request access"

The default receiver for approval of access request to documents store on OneDrive for business is currently "someone@example.com".

It would make very much sence that the "owner" of the OneDrive for Business email address is automatically loaded in to the field "Access request approver"

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to mandatorily sync certain folders to OneDrive in an Enterprise environment through GPO

In our Enterprise we have need to be able to enforce syncing of certain files and folder so the user will always sync those files and folders between the workstation and OneDrive.

It would be nice to have a GPO or control via an Administrative Template that would allow the Administrator to select specific files and/or folders that sync when Sync Client is launched. And under OneDrive client settings where the user can select which folders they want to sync or not sync, the mandatory folders would be checked on and grayed out so the user could not uncheck them.

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sharing MULTIPLE Files

OneDrive for Business should allow you to share more than 1 file at a time - like OneDrive for Personal use allows!! This is annoying and a good reason why I keep many files with Google!

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Accept special characters in filenames.

Some of my clients use #'s and other characters in their filenames, which causes that the files are not synced (i.e. the whole idea of access from different places is non-existent) and I'm getting sync errors continuously. OneDrive waits for my response, but I'm not allowed to change clients filename structure. Thus, the OneDrive is super annoying.

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. iOS app should support Live Photos

This seems natural to include in a future version. I'd like for OneDrive to include the live photo versions of all my photos so I can stop paying for iCloud so I don't miss out of these features. I have amazing clips of my friends and family and special events and the live photo captured the special moment perfectly. I have already lost too many of these moments since OneDrive stripped that functionality.

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Regarding folder uploading performance within Internet Explorer

Can't upload the folders in OneDrive for Business on IE.(can upload on Google Chrome or others)

I would like to upload folders on IE because it is convenient if I could complete uploading
    on IE in used for my own daily work.

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Work out sync glitches

onedrive doesn't sync properly between devices. Old versions or missing new files on different devices. Sync-ing is essential! Which is why i'm going back to Dropbox.

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Disable "An update is required" popup

When not using the latest OneDriveSetup sources you will get a prompt to update OneDrive -> "An update is required. To continue using OneDrive, you need to update it.". This message seems totally useless since OneDrive does a proper update in the background anyway.
    Please adjust the installer to get rid of this update prompt or give the possibility to have control about this update behaviour (e.g.: special parameters for the OneDriveSetup.exe).

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Sorting

Please make a way to universally sort all folders by name, ascending, instead of having to do each one. It is very annoying to have to go into each folder and sort them the way I want them and then all my settings are erased each time I update the app. An "Apply to All" setting would be great for folder sorting / view

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ignore hidden Mac-Files like .DS_Store

Uploading directories with Chrome is a very nice function, but with mac the hidden files like ".DS_Store" are also uploaded and visible within the OneDrive Business Website.

This files should be ignored during the upload.

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Merge Work Folders, OneDrive, and OneDrive for Business

I feel like the whole offering with OneDrive is really fragmented and needs to be simplified. There are a lot of good features spread across different products that should really be bought together a lot better. I wish there was just one app that users could install on clients for both business and personal, with some way to switch accounts.

Anyway I have some customers that I am trying to move away from Google Apps and Dropbox to Office 365. One feature customers are really keen for, and would really help to convince them to move, is a way that…

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Change account name

When you install two ODB accounts in your computer, in file explorer appears OneDrive-Companyname and OneDrive-Companyname (1) making difficult to identify which account you are saving the file. Please allow change the name view, to make easy recognize them

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Share links dangerously default to view and edit

File sharing currently defaults to creating a link with both view AND edit permissions. This link is retained, without any indication to the user, even when the user deselects the allow edit permissions box.

This is a VERY dangerous security flaw because some search engines are capable of discovering these links by brute force. I had one of my excel files completely *nuked* by an anonymous rando that had found the view+edit link that I never knew had been created (even though I only ever explicitly shared a view-only link for the file). They nuked the file by reverting it…

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. OneDrive For Business and SharePoint Integration

OneDrive For Business and SharePoint need to be tightly integrated to support the seemless transfer of content between the two environments to support good practice formal content management together with the dynamic collaborative power of OneDrive.

Content should be able to be 'moved' from OneDrive to SharePoint so that duplicates are not created and the master content exists in one place only. Ideally, the 'Move to SharePoint' feature would provide an option to 'Leave a Link' in OneDrive to the newly created content in SharePoint.

In order to better support ad-hoc collaboration on content that has been imported into SharePoint…

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. change the sync icon to not cover file type visual recognition

I use OneDrive for Business on my work laptop and Dropbox on my personal laptop. There has been something bugging me about OneDrive for awhile now and I think I can finally capture it visually. The following image contains two different images: the top image is what Dropbox looks like (credit: internet search - this is not my computer) and the bottom image is a screen capture from my work laptop (with all sensitive information removed).

I am a very visually driven person and often sort data quickly by recognizing patterns but I have been having some difficulties doing this…

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Sync of SPO Doc Libraries from IE browser doesn't work with NGSC, Chrome does

I have tested the new NGSC for months now and there are a few major issues causing us problems.

1. Even with now supporting sync of SharePoint Online Document libraries, the experience is not working within Internet Explorer. When you click the "Sync" button from either classic or Modern UX you are prompted to "Sign In" the experience takes you to a page telling you to "connect your onedrive" which is already done as I have my actual OneDrive for Business files syncing (selectively). Google Chrome works perfect with Document Libraries from SharePoint Online (and allows selective sync) as well…

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. PDF file sizes

When saving scans from iPhone pls allow black and white option or provide an option to reduce scan file size

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Enable Site level Sync

We want sync button to be enabled at Site level rather than doclib level and the onedrive wizard can help us choose document libraries or folders specific to a site we want to sync with PC. For organizations like us where we have few 100's of sites created per division and department it would be tedious to choose each document library related to user and click on sync button . It would really serve us well if we have ability to sync at site level and can automatically sync 100's of sites per needs of each department.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. add the feature to perform backup within One Drive for Business.

I really hope the additional feature to be implemented that enable me to acquire One Drive for Business's item backup for a certain period of time.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

OneDrive Archive

Feedback and Knowledge Base