OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Archive

This forum has been closed but you can go to https://onedrive.uservoice.com to find, submit and vote on ideas.

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service" and "your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product. You can shake your mobile app or tap the ? then select “Email OneDrive support” from the website.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Can the ODB Admin portal be modified to allow for assigning roles and permissions to groups of administrators to allow them to perform tasks

Can the ODB Admin portal be modified to allow for assigning roles and permissions to groups of administrators to allow them to perform tasks such as:
    1. Display the access rights of a mysite
    2. Delegate or remove permissions to a mysite
    3. Display the storage used by a mysite
    4. Display the properties of a mysite
    5. Display number of files in a mysite
    6. Display number of files in the mysite recycle bin
    7. Recover contents from a mysite recycle bin
    8. Display last accessed date of a mysite
    9. Display last modified date
    10. Display reports
    11.…

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Drag & Drop

drag & drop in the iOS App would be awesome (google drive has it)
    would make the ipad more computer-like and OneDrive a better file system

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Locking files

Dear developers,

I wonder if it is possible to create an option to lock an folder (or file) making it available (on line or even off line) only after inserting a password.

It would be very useful protect some folder or files from undesirable or unauthorized access.

Thank you,

Rubens.

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Native Support for Living Images, Cinemagraph, Refous, Microsoft Blink, Lumia Moments, Rich Capture

Lumia devices are well known for their ability to take incredible images. Innovative features such as Cinemagraph, Refocus, Lumia Moments, Rich Capture and Living Images allow to capture our special moments in new and engaging ways. The problem arises when we try and share these images. The recipient only gets the still image and not the innovate functionality that we have built into out device.
    The solution for this is to add native support for these innovative imaging features to OneDrive. Thus when I share an album with Living Images via OneDrive, all the recipients can experience the moment as…

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Photos  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. improve the appearance of the file name in the ZIP file so as to avoid the garbled double-byte Japanese characters.

*English follows Japanese

■件名 :OneDrive for Business 上の ZIP ファイル内のファイル名を確認する時に 2バイト文字に対応できるようにして欲しい
    ■内容: どのブラウザを使用しても、OneDrive for Business 上にアップロードした ZIP ファイルの中身を開くと日本語である 2 バイト文字が文字化けしてしまいファイル名が確認できない。

Mac にて圧縮したファイルについては文字化けしない事を確認できていますが、Windows にて圧縮したファイルについても文字化けしないように改善して欲しい。

No matter which browsers I use, I am unable to check the file name due to its garbled double-byte Japanese characters when looking into the ZIP file once uploaded into OneDrive for Business. Using Mac OS, on the other hand, I can find the ZIP file ungarbled. Frankly, I prefer to check the file without any garbled characters along with Windows, so I hope the display style of file within Windows to be improved.

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Control of communication timing

2) Control of communication timing
    Please make it possible for the administrator to change and manage the timing to execute the synchronization. (Example: once a day, once in several hours, on a daily basis etc.)
    This is to prevent situations where synchronization is carried out during cellular communication, which consumes traffic.

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Enable modifying the name for the synced folder displayed in Explorer.

I am aware of the sync folder name displays as [OneDrive - Corporate name] in the side bar on the Explorer when Synchronization is performed between two user accounts within the same tenant so that the user cannot distinguish the contents unless opening the folder.

Since the name of the synced folder cannot be changed, it is displayed as follows. (Regardless of changing name of the entire tenant.)
    1. [OneDrive - Corporate name]
    2. [OneDrive - Corporate name(1)]...

We have a situation that using a single computer to separately use the multiple accounts (such as Personal OneDrive) , therefore I…

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ordner offline verfügbar machen

Hallo zusammen,
    ich würde mich super freuen, wenn man in der App neben einzelnen Dateien auch ganze Ordner verfügbar machen könnte. So kann ich, wenn ich z.B. im Flieger bin, komplett frei arbeiten und muss nicht jede Datei einzeln vorher herunterladen.

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. shared music folder

My cd collection is ripped to mp3. I use the Music folder and Groove streaming to listen to it on my devices. This folder is shared with my wife, son and my work live account. Groove for my work account, wife's account or sons account can't use this shared library. It appears in OneDrive clients fine and media player can use it but not Groove in Windows 10 or on mobile. I understand concerns over shares and legal aspect so limit number of people it's shared with like office home. Or only allow same users access ..

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add Shared with me Folder to OneDrive

Add the option to add a shared folder or file to your OneDrive for Business. I want to be able to organize shared files and folders with my content on OneDrive. This capability is available in Google Drive (https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2375057?hl=en) and should be available with OneDrive.

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Move a shared folder to sync to a different location in your personal OneDrive

As a freelancer, I share a lot of folders with various clients. However, it's a pain to have everything sync in the root of my personal OneDrive folder. Can I please have some options to organize my shared folders by putting them inside other folders? Thanks.

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I want to change the owner of an excel file in OneDrive for Business !

I want to change the owner of an excel file in OneDrive for Business !
    If an employee will leave the company and he is the owner of an excel file that a lot of people use it, I think this is a must !

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Music

One song needs to play after another when they are in the same file

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Selecting

It would be so much easier and faster if we could select multiple photos to move or delete. One by one takes ages!

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow incremental file sync.

Currently, when large files change even a little bit, the whole file must be reuploaded.

Changes to a file since the last sync should be uploaded instead of the entire file contents.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Retitle or Rename File Should Not Break URL/Link

If the filename changes, this should not break the URL. A user may have shared a link/URL to a file and then changed the filename.

Please allow filenames to be changed and links to remaining working.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  OneDrive for Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow for Full.... Full screen slideshows.

The other day I had some guests over to view my latest trip photos on onedrive. I was disapointed that even in magnified mode the images weren't full screen. Microsoft slideshow for files on a computer are really full size while onedrive images aren't. Info borders are nice but full (really full) size images should be the priority.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add Zapier API support for OneDrive for Business

It is available for OneDrive, but not OneDrive for Business. Thanks!

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. OCR Texterkennung in PDF Files

Texte erkennen in bestimmten Verzeichnissen. Suche darauf ermöglichen

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

OneDrive Archive

Categories