OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Android

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Samsung Gallery sync from SD Card

Samsung Gallery on Android can now sync directly with OneDrive. Previously it was the OneDrive app itself that handled the sync. However it will only work with folders that are in internal memory, not the SD Card.
    Even worse, although you can disable the Samsung Gallery Sync, you can't then re-enable the OneDrive Sync.
    So it is now impossible to sync my photos

114 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Folder sync like pc one drive app for Android

Hey Microsoft team , i wonder why you guys are not making sync app for one drive through which we can sync any folder from our android local storage one way or two way . I mean your one drive will surely beat all other clouds there. I can bet.

You can sell this app separately in 150-200rs (one time payment) . So atleast we don't have to depend on third party app (FolderSync, autosync one drive etc.)

Come on Microsoft team this should not take time because you giys are experienced and know your software very well. Provide this…

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sort photos by date taken not date created in OneDrive

When sorting photos by date, the app sorts by date file was created in OneDrive as opposed to the date when the photo was taken.

When looking Photos menu, it list files by upload date or date created in OneDrive, from the user perspective, the date uploaded to OneDrive it's absolutely irrelevant.

This has been around since before 2015, isn't it time to change how Photos menu lists the content or at least give user the option to choose?

This bug defeats completely the Photo menu purpose, the one place to see all your mixed by date pics!

1,557 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    60 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. About the “Camera upload” function on the Android OneDrive app

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Android 版 OneDrive アプリの [カメラ アップロード] 機能について
    About the “Camera upload” function on the Android OneDrive app

■Description(内容):
    カメラ アップロード機能をオンにした場合、端末内のローカルにある写真データが、OneDrive for Business 上に自動生成される 「カメラロール」というフォルダー内に同期される動作であるが、複数台のデバイスで本機能をオンにした場合、全デバイスのローカル データが「カメラロール」フォルダーに格納されてしまうため、管理が煩雑になってしまう。そのため、カメラ アップロード機能をオンにする際に、OneDrive for Business 上の任意のフォルダーを選択して同期できるよう機能の拡充を要望します。

If the camera upload function is turned on, then image files held locally on the device are synced with the automatically created “Camera roll” folder on OneDrive for Business, but if the function is enabled for multiple devices all of their local image data goes into the “Camera roll” folder, making it hard to manage.
    Please make it so that you can choose which folder this data…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bring back casting to Chromecast for Mobile devices

Since update 5.29.1 for Android, cast to Chromecast when connected to a Wi-Fi network with a suitable device, was removed without any further notice.
    Please fix whatever instability issues you found and let users know what is included in the latest version.
    The What is new text is so old and untouched that the best selling point is the introduction of the PIN and no mention to what is removed if you update the app.

795 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    42 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add feature for searching all photos by a face in a photo

If I select a photo, i wanna search all photos by a face in this photo.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Disable Photos Icon option

For privacy just add the function to "disable photos icon" option, on OneDrive main screen. I prefer to access it directly, from the folders, on "archives" icon.

/// Para privacidade, favor adicionar a função "desativar ícone de fotos", na tela principal do OneDrive. Prefiro acessá-las diretamente, nas pastas, do ícone "arquivos".

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Regarding offline access behavior for files being uploaded to OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business にアップロードしているファイルのオフライン アクセスの動作について
    Regarding offline access behavior for files being uploaded to OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    現時点での、Android 版 アプリにおいて、OneDrive for Business 内のアイテムにオンライン環境で一度でもアクセスを行った場合、アイテムへのアクセス情報がキャッシュされ、[オフラインで保持] の機能を利用しなくても、オフラインの状態で当該アイテムの閲覧が可能な動作である。
    上記でキャッシュされた情報は、OneDrive のキャッシュクリアや、端末の再起動では解消できず、アプリのサインアウトとサインインを行わない限り保持されてしまう状況のため、OneDrive for Business の標準機能として、オンライン環境でアクセスしたファイルに関するキャッシュが保存されないよう制御するための機能の実装を要望します。

Currently, on the Android version of the app, if an item in OneDrive for Business is accessed online even once, the access information for the item is cached, and that item can be read offline without using the “make available offline” function.
    The aforementioned cached information cannot be deleted by restarting the device or clearing the OneDrive cache, but only by signing out and signing back…

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Only show photos from the pictures folder on photos tab on the OneDrive app

At the moment, I have my photos backed up into the pictures folder from my iPhone, and tonnes of textures and pngs since I do game development. Whenever I go to my photos tab in the app it just gets overwhelmed with all these ugly texture maps, instead of my photos. The feature to only show photos from the pictures folder is on the web version, why isn't it on the app??

126 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. When photos are uploaded automatically, there should be an option to organize them within folders of month or year, like the apple app

Currently on the android app when photos are uploaded automatically, they all go into one folder and that folder is not able to be changed. This results in the user having one huge file with tens of thousands of photos with hundreds of GB. On the Apple one drive app there is an option for photos to be organized into months or years. It would be great if this feature could come over to the android app.

483 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    working on it  ·  28 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Ability to star files and folders

Please add an option to star important files and folders. This would enable viewing all those in one central location.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Live Photos (Motion photos)

This is the same request as mentioned here, but for Android: https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/913519-onedrive-on-ios/suggestions/10052856-live-photos

Are there plans to automatically upload the .mp4 file that is created as part of the Live Photos (Motion photos)?

It would be nice to have these "Live Photos" saved in OneDrive.
    In this way, we can also have them on our computer (in the folder Pictures), if we have OneDrive on it!

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Turn photo tags back on

Bring back the photo "tags" or hashtags. It was so much easier to find a picture of say my truck or flowers by searching "truck"/"flowers instead of scrolling for it through the 15,000 selfies of the kids.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow disabling of whiteboard enhancement

Whiteboard enhancement ruins everything therefore we should get rid of it.

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. About the “Send a copy” function of the OneDrive mobile app

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive モバイルアプリからの "コピーを送信" の動作について
    About the “Send a copy” function of the OneDrive mobile app

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive モバイルアプリからファイルの "コピーを送信" を行うと、Teams でチャット履歴のないユーザーにはファイルの送信ができない。
    ユーザー検索はできるが "コピーを送信" を実施すると、Teams のチャットログに反映されない状況のないため、改善を希望する。

It is not possible to send files to users with which you have no chat history on Teams by using the “Send a copy” function on files in the OneDrive mobile app.
    While you can search for users, attempting to use “Send a copy” will not show anything in the Teams chat log, so please fix this.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Printing in the OneDrive app

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive アプリの印刷について
    Printing in the OneDrive app

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive アプリの印刷機能は印刷範囲の指定ができない。
    ブラウザーの OneDrive for Business では可能であるため、OneDrive アプリでも印刷範囲の指定をして印刷ができるよう機能の拡充を希望します。

There is no way to specify the printing area in the OneDrive app printing functions.
    It is possible in OneDrive for Business in a browser, so please make it possible in the app, too.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. ability to uninstall the OneDrive app from the Samsung devices

I can't uninsall the app as it is not allowing me the option to do so due to Samsung & Microsoft bond.

Please fix this

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Restore the tagging feature in Onedrive

Tagging photos in Onedrive has been a regular practice for me. I have thousands of photos, and tagging them allows me to filter, count, and search them easily. A recent version of Onedrive removed much of the tagging functionality. I find this disappointing since I relied on it so much. I would like to see tagging support restored in a future release of Onedrive.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)