OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Android

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. on this day - choose folder to include/Exclude

Currently it is not possible to choose which folders can be included in On this Day feature. This is causing family photos to be mixed with html parts, screenshots, viber and whatsup photos uploaded via camera upload and other document folder and different PNGs located there.

It would be great if one could choose which photos (folders) should be included in One This day Feature.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. There is a guy impersonate me

He has been useing my accounts and claims too have the same. Name and middle name I was born in Arizona 6/25 1974 father Wayne A Tipler Betty EFOGE PAUL AND HE SAYS HE WAS BORN WILCOX CALIFORNIA SAME DAY AND MONTH ZND ASK JIM WERE MY DAD WAS BORN AND MY MOM AND 360 358 8332 MOM 360 580 1765 MY FATHER IS CANADIAN AND MY MOM WAS BORN IN OKLAHOMA AND SHE IS PART CHEROKEE AND

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Samsung Gallery sync from SD Card

Samsung Gallery on Android can now sync directly with OneDrive. Previously it was the OneDrive app itself that handled the sync. However it will only work with folders that are in internal memory, not the SD Card.
    Even worse, although you can disable the Samsung Gallery Sync, you can't then re-enable the OneDrive Sync.
    So it is now impossible to sync my photos

169 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Turn photo tags back on

Bring back the photo "tags" or hashtags. It was so much easier to find a picture of say my truck or flowers by searching "truck"/"flowers instead of scrolling for it through the 15,000 selfies of the kids.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Live Photos (Motion photos)

This is the same request as mentioned here, but for Android: https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/913519-onedrive-on-ios/suggestions/10052856-live-photos

Are there plans to automatically upload the .mp4 file that is created as part of the Live Photos (Motion photos)?

It would be nice to have these "Live Photos" saved in OneDrive.
    In this way, we can also have them on our computer (in the folder Pictures), if we have OneDrive on it!

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. notification

Ability to schedule notifictions

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I want onedrive to be the default gallery app

I currently use it as such, but since it ignores local files I have to go to the normal gallery app and try and delete the same stuff I deleted from onedrive so that they remain "in sync"(local & cloud cameraroll)

soo in short, its a matter of allowing the "photos" section on onedrive to have its own app shortcut + display & handle local files like the w10 photos app does

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Folder sync like pc one drive app for Android

Hey Microsoft team , i wonder why you guys are not making sync app for one drive through which we can sync any folder from our android local storage one way or two way . I mean your one drive will surely beat all other clouds there. I can bet.

You can sell this app separately in 150-200rs (one time payment) . So atleast we don't have to depend on third party app (FolderSync, autosync one drive etc.)

Come on Microsoft team this should not take time because you giys are experienced and know your software very well. Provide this…

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Bring back casting to Chromecast for Mobile devices

Since update 5.29.1 for Android, cast to Chromecast when connected to a Wi-Fi network with a suitable device, was removed without any further notice.
    Please fix whatever instability issues you found and let users know what is included in the latest version.
    The What is new text is so old and untouched that the best selling point is the introduction of the PIN and no mention to what is removed if you update the app.

983 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    46 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Iam have a imposter claim too be me andrew Wayne Tipler his been useing my accounts and he's from Florida and claims too be born in Wilcox

There is a man claiming too be Andrew Wayne Tipler and born in Willcox California he's. A lier. I was born in wilco AZ in 1974 he says he was born in wilcoo California bs in 1983i was born in 1974 6 /25 1974. Father Wayne A
    Tipler Betty efage paul in cocicise County 9 lbs 5 am

A

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. About the “Camera upload” function on the Android OneDrive app

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Android 版 OneDrive アプリの [カメラ アップロード] 機能について
    About the “Camera upload” function on the Android OneDrive app

■Description(内容):
    カメラ アップロード機能をオンにした場合、端末内のローカルにある写真データが、OneDrive for Business 上に自動生成される 「カメラロール」というフォルダー内に同期される動作であるが、複数台のデバイスで本機能をオンにした場合、全デバイスのローカル データが「カメラロール」フォルダーに格納されてしまうため、管理が煩雑になってしまう。そのため、カメラ アップロード機能をオンにする際に、OneDrive for Business 上の任意のフォルダーを選択して同期できるよう機能の拡充を要望します。

If the camera upload function is turned on, then image files held locally on the device are synced with the automatically created “Camera roll” folder on OneDrive for Business, but if the function is enabled for multiple devices all of their local image data goes into the “Camera roll” folder, making it hard to manage.
    Please make it so that you can choose which folder this data…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When photos are uploaded automatically, there should be an option to organize them within folders of month or year, like the apple app

Currently on the android app when photos are uploaded automatically, they all go into one folder and that folder is not able to be changed. This results in the user having one huge file with tens of thousands of photos with hundreds of GB. On the Apple one drive app there is an option for photos to be organized into months or years. It would be great if this feature could come over to the android app.

641 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    working on it  ·  32 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Search keywords/tagged people

OneDrive is so difficult to use when searching for a specific photo. We need the ability to search for keywords such as "beach" or "selfie". But more importantly, the ability to search for a person based upon their name tag that the user creates, and OneDrive should be able to detect all photos of tagged person using the face recognition. Google photos and iCloud have both the keyword search as well as facial recognition functions.. not sure why Microsoft is so far behind.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Too slow getting thumbnails

When I browse photos, all 22500ish photos are available. The load (cache) speed is so slow, even on fast wifi (GB wan).

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Only show photos from the pictures folder on photos tab on the OneDrive app

At the moment, I have my photos backed up into the pictures folder from my iPhone, and tonnes of textures and pngs since I do game development. Whenever I go to my photos tab in the app it just gets overwhelmed with all these ugly texture maps, instead of my photos. The feature to only show photos from the pictures folder is on the web version, why isn't it on the app??

154 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add feature for searching all photos by a face in a photo

If I select a photo, i wanna search all photos by a face in this photo.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Default File List file viewing mode

OneDrive keeps on changing the mode of viewing the files to tile mode which is difficult when I have lots of files. Like a default mode so that I can view files in the list mode. The mode of viewing should be able to be set my me to default as list.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I want to change the screen seen when viewing in mobile view

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    モバイル ビューで閲覧した際の表示画面を変更したい
    I want to change the screen seen when viewing in mobile view

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business のアイテムをモバイル端末で閲覧すると、1 画面の表示ではなく縮小されたりするため、見ずらい。
    モバイル ビューに合わせた表示が行える機能の実装を希望いたします。

When viewing items on a mobile device, they are reduced in size instead of being on one screen, which makes them hard to see.
    Please add a function to match the display to the mobile view.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)