OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Android

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. copy / move files with onedrive app on android in sharepoint folders

There is no function which allows to copy / move files in sharepoint folders in onedrive app on android.

copy / move in my personal onedrive-documents is possible.

please add this function

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. on this day - choose folder to include/Exclude

Currently it is not possible to choose which folders can be included in On this Day feature. This is causing family photos to be mixed with html parts, screenshots, viber and whatsup photos uploaded via camera upload and other document folder and different PNGs located there.

It would be great if one could choose which photos (folders) should be included in One This day Feature.

50 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Samsung Gallery sync from SD Card

Samsung Gallery on Android can now sync directly with OneDrive. Previously it was the OneDrive app itself that handled the sync. However it will only work with folders that are in internal memory, not the SD Card.
    Even worse, although you can disable the Samsung Gallery Sync, you can't then re-enable the OneDrive Sync.
    So it is now impossible to sync my photos

206 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Turn photo tags back on

Bring back the photo "tags" or hashtags. It was so much easier to find a picture of say my truck or flowers by searching "truck"/"flowers instead of scrolling for it through the 15,000 selfies of the kids.

51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Provid an option to view shortcut on the mobile one drive app.

As most of the personal files are stored in the This-PC, if we can open this from mobile it will be easy to use. Or as alternate way to make a separate file on the desktop on easily access the necessary file.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Buttons on the bottom and top of the screen shouldn't come back while viewing photos after changing to next one by swiping the screen.

The areas where the buttons like 'share' and 'delete' are while viewing a file covers a lot of space, almost half of the screen while using with landscape mode. Tapping on an empty area dismisses them but if you switch to the next file by swiping the screen they come back. This becomes a real problem if you are viewing some photo album on landscape mode. You just have to tap the picture after every swipe to see it. You can try it yourself, it's frustrating. I never seen something like this any file explorer or album app and I…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Copy more than one file

Hello everyone, unfortunately it is not possible to copy multiple files in the Android app oneDrive. One file is possible but not more. Only move is then possible. Really makes no sense.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Live Photos (Motion photos)

This is the same request as mentioned here, but for Android: https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/913519-onedrive-on-ios/suggestions/10052856-live-photos

Are there plans to automatically upload the .mp4 file that is created as part of the Live Photos (Motion photos)?

It would be nice to have these "Live Photos" saved in OneDrive.
    In this way, we can also have them on our computer (in the folder Pictures), if we have OneDrive on it!

34 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Não permite acrescentar uma nova conta premium

No meu Android 11 não permite acrescentar conta premium nova, mesmo deletando a antiga em contas nas configurações do Android. Ela retorna automaticamente sempre e não tem opção dentro do app onedrive para acrescentar uma segunda conta premium!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Sorting of files using "Date taken" for pictures instead of "Picture uploaded date"

When folder sync in the "Files" section and want to sort by "Newest" pictures it is sorting by the date which was uploaded to OneDrive instead of the date the picture was taken so the chronological order of the files is mixed.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Including shared folders to "on this day"

Including shared folders to "on this day" would be great to have.
    Family photos for example have to be copied multiple times to have this feature available for every family member.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Connect Samsung account to Onedrive Work or School account

Samsung Cloud is not feasible to connect with Onedrive Work or school account at the moment. I have a Office 365 Business subscription. I'm trying to use my O365 Onedrive account to sync with Samsung Cloud for backup. The reason I want to do this is that I already have 1TB included in my O365 subscription. The problem is that to connect Onedrive to Samsung I need a Microsoft account (my O365 account is not accepted). I do have a MS account but that one is free (using a different email address) and does not include any storage to speak…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When photos are uploaded automatically, there should be an option to organize them within folders of month or year, like the apple app

Currently on the android app when photos are uploaded automatically, they all go into one folder and that folder is not able to be changed. This results in the user having one huge file with tens of thousands of photos with hundreds of GB. On the Apple one drive app there is an option for photos to be organized into months or years. It would be great if this feature could come over to the android app.

796 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    working on it  ·  37 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. notification

Ability to schedule notifictions

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Bring back casting to Chromecast for Mobile devices

Since update 5.29.1 for Android, cast to Chromecast when connected to a Wi-Fi network with a suitable device, was removed without any further notice.
    Please fix whatever instability issues you found and let users know what is included in the latest version.
    The What is new text is so old and untouched that the best selling point is the introduction of the PIN and no mention to what is removed if you update the app.

1,045 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    working on it  ·  48 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add functions to the OneDrive app’s camera

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive アプリのカメラについて機能追加を希望
    Add functions to the OneDrive app’s camera

■Description(内容):
    モバイル版 OneDrive アプリで、真ん中のカメラアイコンからカメラを起動すると、既定で [ドキュメント] が選択されている状態となり、そのまま撮影すると PDF に変換されてしまう。
    [写真] に切り替えれば JPG 保存されるが、毎回 [写真] に切り替えなくてもいいように既定値を固定できる機能の追加を希望します。

On the OneDrive mobile app, if you start up the camera with the button in the center, it defaults to “Document” mode, so if you take a picture in that state it is converted to PDF.
    If you switch it to “Photo” then items are saved as JPG files, but please add a way to set this as the default state.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I want onedrive to be the default gallery app

I currently use it as such, but since it ignores local files I have to go to the normal gallery app and try and delete the same stuff I deleted from onedrive so that they remain "in sync"(local & cloud cameraroll)

soo in short, its a matter of allowing the "photos" section on onedrive to have its own app shortcut + display & handle local files like the w10 photos app does

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Folder sync like pc one drive app for Android

Hey Microsoft team , i wonder why you guys are not making sync app for one drive through which we can sync any folder from our android local storage one way or two way . I mean your one drive will surely beat all other clouds there. I can bet.

You can sell this app separately in 150-200rs (one time payment) . So atleast we don't have to depend on third party app (FolderSync, autosync one drive etc.)

Come on Microsoft team this should not take time because you giys are experienced and know your software very well. Provide this…

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 262 263
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Android

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base