OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Android

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Bring back casting to Chromecast for Mobile devices

Since update 5.29.1 for Android, cast to Chromecast when connected to a Wi-Fi network with a suitable device, was removed without any further notice.
    Please fix whatever instability issues you found and let users know what is included in the latest version.
    The What is new text is so old and untouched that the best selling point is the introduction of the PIN and no mention to what is removed if you update the app.

325 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Folder Sync: What's the point of the "User Voice" website if the devs are just going to ignore our suggestions?

Hello there,

So over a year ago I suggested a new feature for the OneDrive app.

Here is the link: https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/913516-onedrive-on-android/suggestions/20587369-folder-sync

The idea/suggestion got an overwhelming amount of votes: over 7,300 in a year, which means that quite a lot of users agreed with it and wanted the feature to be included in the OneDrive app.

After just a month, one of the admins responded "We understand the request and will think about it."

We were so excited! But then, after 10 months of waiting for such basic yet important feature to be implemented, we got the this response:

"Allow…

1,351 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sort photos by date taken not date created in OneDrive

When sorting photos by date, the app sorts by date file was created in OneDrive as opposed to the date when the photo was taken.

When looking Photos menu, it list files by upload date or date created in OneDrive, from the user perspective, the date uploaded to OneDrive it's absolutely irrelevant.

This has been around since before 2015, isn't it time to change how Photos menu lists the content or at least give user the option to choose?

This bug defeats completely the Photo menu purpose, the one place to see all your mixed by date pics!

228 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. When photos are uploaded automatically, there should be an option to organize them within folders of month or year, like the apple app

Currently on the android app when photos are uploaded automatically, they all go into one folder and that folder is not able to be changed. This results in the user having one huge file with tens of thousands of photos with hundreds of GB. On the Apple one drive app there is an option for photos to be organized into months or years. It would be great if this feature could come over to the android app.

78 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Editable Files in OneDrive's New Personal Vault

It would be very helpful to be able to edit files - like Excel and Word stored in my new PERSONAL VAULT on my mobile device

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support for multiple personal OneDrive accounts in mobile app

Please add support for multiple personal OneDrive accounts in mobile app. Other services already support this, why can't OneDrive have this feature?

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Store OneDrive offline files on SD card on Samsung devices

-adjusted the title-

Ryan, there is a separate topic where you said this was working, it's NOT for any Samsung users and probably others!

You seem to be ignoring that thread, titled,'Allow OneDrive app on Android to be moved to SD card including storing offline files'.

Could you please comment here, or at least back in the other topic, so all of us still actively using it get some feedback as to your progress on solving the problem on the most widely used mobile platform in the world (yes there are more Samsungs than iPhones)?

I am attaching the threads…

406 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    37 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We shipped support for installing the OneDrive app on an SD card, but any files taken offline still go to internal storage. We do have plan to enable offline files to be stored on SD card. I’ll update status as we get further along.

8. Custom Folder in OneDrive for automatic Photo Upload

Onedrive loads the photos into the root directory in a folder. it would be better if you could select the folder in Onedrive yourself.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Create Chromebook compatibility

Make OneDrive compatible with Chromebooks.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. open a big business for dunkirk and silvercreekj

I want to open abar restaurant for perico hawii India france and open live music

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Sort photos by Year and Month when uploaded automactically

Photos uploaded through the Camera Upload are automatically be sorted by Year and Month in iOS app,I think it is not difficult to add the feature in Android app.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Chromecast disappeared from OneDrive

After last upgrade, Chromecast disappeared from photo and camera roll. Uninstalling and reinstalling did not help

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Folder sync and delete sync

Folder sync and delete sync, best integrated cloud storage on win10 but should be better on android

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Fotoğraflar yüklenmiyor

Fotoğraf yüklenmiyor

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow us to customize the default filename when scanning

I love being able to scan documents directly into OneDrive.

But the default filename always starts with "Scan<datetime>" and I always have to go to the beginning and remove the "Scan" from the filename before adding my own title after the suggested filename. I would love to be able to customize this default so that it I can remove the "Scan_" from the beginning and have it only create the automatic date-time in the filename and allow me to add the rest.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Filters are missing on OneDrive Document Scanning on Android.

Hello,

Please add filters (i.e. None, Auto, BW1, Grayscale, and Clear) to document scanning in OneDrive for Android.

Filters for document scanning can be found in OneDrive for iOS as well as Office Lens for Android.

Thanks for your consideration.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Dark Mode/Night Mode for OneDrive App

I hope you can later on include a dark mode for your OneDrive app...it really hurts my eyes when I use it at night (especially that I am used to dark modes, and that I prefer using my phone in a dark room). This dark mode would really be helpful especially to users who have problems dealing with a bright interface. Besides, dark mode looks way cooler too.

99 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow One Drive to attach files as email attachments rather than attaching a link.

Allow One Drive to attach files as email attachments rather than attaching a link.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. One drive in progress upload controls

I Really need to be able to cancel, pause, or start (other) uploads that are in progress when auto-upload is enabled. Sometimes a video takes so long to upload from my phone that I have to leave WiFi before it finishes. But I can't cancel or pause any uploads once they start.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 179 180
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Android

Categories