OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Android

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Add support for fingerprint scanner in the Android version as it's available for more than a year in the IOS one

Add support for fingerprint scanner in the Android version as it's available for more than a year in the IOS one

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please give us the ability to "share" outside our domain with the Business Android app like (I hate to say this) Google Drive Android app.

Please give us the ability to "share" outside our domain with the Business Android app like (I hate to say this) Google Drive Android app.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. OneDrive cannot access my android internal files

I want to access my files on my Android. I can't. I need to transfer them to OneDrive. Somehow?

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. how to recover permanently deleted files from onedrive app on android

This is absolutely, ridiculous:( Just a couple of hours ago I missed and accidentally DELETED MY RECYCLE BIN and I am having a hard time retrieving my delete items. I have not heard of a solution to my problem as of yet from Onedrive.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. OneDrive does not allow playing a selection of songs on android device

Hello,
    Would you kindly let me know how to play a selection of songs from OneDrive while I am texting or checking my emails? Currently, I can only play one song at a time, and if I minimize the window, it stops immediately. Last year, some people from MS Community advised me to uninstall OneDrive and Groove and re-install them to fix many problems including syncing issues. I did many tricks but at the end, I am having only this option on my Android device (Motorola Moto G2nd). On my Tablet (Asus) with W10, the situation is better where I…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add a scroll bar to the app for tablet devices

When using the App on an Android Tablet, there is currently no scroll bar on the side of the window.
    A scroll bar would be a nice addition to let the user know how far down the list of files he is currently situated.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ability to Create New Folders When Sharing or Uploading From Other Apps. Google Drive Does It!

I cannot create a new folder when sharing or uploading from another app.
    For example, today I found a cool wallpaper online. I found it in Firefox, then downloaded it to my phone. I use Google's photo app to manage my galleries. (I like having multiple backups.) Then I wanted to add the file to a collection I have in Onedrive of wallpapers.

I hit the "Share" button and selected Onedrive. However, I wanted to add it to a new folder within the wallpaper folder. But I can't! I can only select existing folders within Onedrive. I cannot create a…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Se pueda cambiar todo el contenido de todas las carpetas y las propias carpetas, ordenandolas por fecha, tamaño, etc.

Resulta que me gusta tener las cosas ordenadas por orden alfabético y la aplicación lo permite, pero en cada carpeta y me gustaría que hubiese una opción para poder ordenar todo directamente por orden alfabético.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I'm speak turkıs, Mobil uygulamanız da dosya yükleme sorunu var, bu sorun 2 aydır devam etmektedir. Google play de bir sürü yorum paptık...

Uygulama düzgün çalışmıyor. Hiç bir şekilde mobil uygulamanızdan dosya yükleyemiyoruz. Microsoft neden duyarsız kalıyor... 2 aydır bu sorun devam etmekte sürekli size meil atıyorum ama ilğilenmiyorsunuz... Lütfen bu soruna bir çözüm bulun. Her seferinde karşıya dosya yüklemeye çalıştımızda "üzgünüz bi hatayla karşılaştık" diye hatayla karşılaşıyoruz . Acilen MİCROSOFT'un bir çözüm bulması gerekmektedir sayğılar....

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. android offline folders accessible by other apps

Just got my first Android phone (reluctantly coming from windows phone) and can not believe how broken the one drive experience is on this platform. I mark a few of my music folders to be available offline, but nothing else on the phone can see them. Even Groove Music, a Microsoft player, can't locate them. Even within onedrive I can only select one file at a time to play, so I can't queue up a music list. While my personal use case is music, this is a broken scenario for many one drive use cases and file types. I don't…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Sync to actual file system

Please allow syncing folders from and to the Android file system.

On the desktop you can use shared folders conveniently to aggregate data from different people and stay in sync just using the file system. On Android you cannot.

Use case background: Sharing select photos taken on Android phones by several people by just copying them into a shared folder. Using the file system is important here in order to
    a) have the files offline and
    b) (more importantly) be able to use our gallery app of choice to view them.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Camera upload

a user may take 10 photos, but finally decide to keep 2 of them. An option to perform camera upload regularly (as in the end of the day, instead of immediately after taking the photo) would make life easier. Now, even if I delete the photo from my camera roll 5 min aftrr takinv it, it will still be uploaded, so finally I'll have to clean up twice.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Auto Sync Onedrive with Droid phones.

Please allow auto sync with Droid phones, allowing files to sync with SD card. My phone is Galaxy S7 Active, but Onedrive is not recognized as trusted app. Even if you only sync one folder. Folder, not file!! I would prefer unlimited files or folders, but will take whatever you can offer.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Stop downloading files when sharing!

Hi all!

When you are about to share a file to somebody else, OneDrive is forcing the user to use space on phone to first download the file and after that sending it away.

How come Google Drive can send it direct but not OneDrive?

This is one of alot of other feautres that are pushing me away from keep using OneDrive as my main cloud.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Show free and total disk space

Make a tool to show how much I have disk space free and total.
    At least my Android phone app does not give any information

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Restrict which folders One\drive can scan and upload from. Would stop OneDrive finding "photo" folders such as music folders

Have a setting (as in File History) that restricts Onedrive to scanning selected folders and not (for example) repeatedly scanning for new "photo" folders and finding music folders that have album covers and then wanting to upload those covers into my photo folders !! Very bad idea as album covers are NOT photos in the sense that I only want my photos to be from my (various) cameras.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. On Android, Allow the option to select certain folders to upload, and turn off others from auto uploading Photos

When placing new photos and videos on your device folders, have an in onedrive's in settings to select which folders you want auto uploading photos and videos from and turn off once you don't want auto uploading

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)