OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Android

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Disable Photos Icon option

For privacy just add the function to "disable photos icon" option, on OneDrive main screen. I prefer to access it directly, from the folders, on "archives" icon.

/// Para privacidade, favor adicionar a função "desativar ícone de fotos", na tela principal do OneDrive. Prefiro acessá-las diretamente, nas pastas, do ícone "arquivos".

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide favorite/recent folders/paths

Right now every time you open the OneDrive App on Android (and maybe other OS) you start in the root directory of your storage. The same is true if you want to upload any file, you always start from the root (if you share the file with OneDrive). This makes frequent uploads to certain folders with a deeper hierarchy very painful as you have to navigate to the same folder over and over again without the possibility to save your frequently visited folder as favorite or to access recent paths/folders.

So I suggest adding a feature to store favorite paths.…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. paul_bracke11@hotmail.com

Add face recognition in onedrive photos and make it work everywhere.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Restore the tagging feature in Onedrive

Tagging photos in Onedrive has been a regular practice for me. I have thousands of photos, and tagging them allows me to filter, count, and search them easily. A recent version of Onedrive removed much of the tagging functionality. I find this disappointing since I relied on it so much. I would like to see tagging support restored in a future release of Onedrive.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Regarding offline access behavior for files being uploaded to OneDrive for Business

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business にアップロードしているファイルのオフライン アクセスの動作について
    Regarding offline access behavior for files being uploaded to OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    現時点での、Android 版 アプリにおいて、OneDrive for Business 内のアイテムにオンライン環境で一度でもアクセスを行った場合、アイテムへのアクセス情報がキャッシュされ、[オフラインで保持] の機能を利用しなくても、オフラインの状態で当該アイテムの閲覧が可能な動作である。
    上記でキャッシュされた情報は、OneDrive のキャッシュクリアや、端末の再起動では解消できず、アプリのサインアウトとサインインを行わない限り保持されてしまう状況のため、OneDrive for Business の標準機能として、オンライン環境でアクセスしたファイルに関するキャッシュが保存されないよう制御するための機能の実装を要望します。

Currently, on the Android version of the app, if an item in OneDrive for Business is accessed online even once, the access information for the item is cached, and that item can be read offline without using the “make available offline” function.
    The aforementioned cached information cannot be deleted by restarting the device or clearing the OneDrive cache, but only by signing out and signing back…

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ability to star files and folders

Please add an option to star important files and folders. This would enable viewing all those in one central location.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Specify a folder for Camera Upload

I would like to be able to specify the folder that photos are uploaded to when using Camera Upload. Right now they are put on the default folder on my account, but I need them to be in a shared folder that I have added to my OneDrive.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Nunmehr sehr fehlerhaft und Markierungen weg

Fehler alle gemeldet. Hier auf der Meldeseite Login deutsch und dann alles englisch. Was machen die Programmierer? Auch die Formatierung der Seite ist überlappend.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please allow Auto Gallery Backup from SD Card

If Google Photos is able to backup from my SD Card, why can't OneDrive? Please add the ability to Auto Gallery backup from the Camera when photos are saved on SD card.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Search by date on photo.

Users are able to receive an album of 'on this day' photos everday. Photos that were taken on a specific date. However there is no reliable search capability to all users to search photos by month or date. This is frustrating as the metadata is stored on each photo.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow disabling of whiteboard enhancement

Whiteboard enhancement ruins everything therefore we should get rid of it.

76 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. User interface

You guys really nees to redesign the user interface.. the user experience is still at a very low level.. even the speed to load up a file will take very long time.. my go to cloud will be google drive because of the speed and user interface for mobile.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. More Free Space

Samsung forced us to switch to OneDrive from Samsung Cloud, but they gave us 15GB of free storage. We may continue to have that space for one year, but after that we only are allowed 5GB. The claims that the move to OneDrive will allow us more space are lies, and this benefits only Microsoft and Samsung. The users lose. The OneDrive free space amount should be 20GB. Then, it'll be competitive and a true upgrade. As opposed to a scam.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Do not delete the photos from the One drive when you delete the photos in the phone's gallery.

Do not delete the photos from the One drive when you delete the photos in the phone's gallery.
    Most of the time I just want to gain space on my phone and keep the photos and videos saved in One Drive.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. About the “Send a copy” function of the OneDrive mobile app

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive モバイルアプリからの "コピーを送信" の動作について
    About the “Send a copy” function of the OneDrive mobile app

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive モバイルアプリからファイルの "コピーを送信" を行うと、Teams でチャット履歴のないユーザーにはファイルの送信ができない。
    ユーザー検索はできるが "コピーを送信" を実施すると、Teams のチャットログに反映されない状況のないため、改善を希望する。

It is not possible to send files to users with which you have no chat history on Teams by using the “Send a copy” function on files in the OneDrive mobile app.
    While you can search for users, attempting to use “Send a copy” will not show anything in the Teams chat log, so please fix this.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 同期するフォルダを限定したい

すべてのファイルを自動バックアップすると、すぐに容量が足りなくなる。容量不足を防ぐため、バックアップするフォルダを限定したい。
    また、一旦アップロードされたデータも、ダウンロード操作ではなく、移動やコピーで手元のデバイスに移したい。

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Show full pdf page with the annotation feature

Hi, I report the problem using the OneDrive app with Samsung Galaxy Tab S7. Unfortunately, there's a limitation of the app when you're using the "annotation" feature to annotate directly on the pdf contained in a shared folder in OneDrive. As it's shown in the picture, the app doesn't allow you to see the beginning of the pdf, both in horizontally and vertically mode. I hope this problem can be solved because it's really an important feature that shortens the times a lot since it would auto-synchronize after you finish writing over the pdf. Thanks

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Android

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base