OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Android

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix metadata issues across phone and windows

Onedrive app on phone gives different metadata than on windows. All photos end up showing up as the recent date on windows.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Scan to OneDrive on Android

has this feature been removed from the App for some reason?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Separate folders when automatically uploading from multiple sources on mobile

Within the Android app, OneDrive suggests you backup photos from multiple apps/folders/sources on your phone. This is a good feature to keep everything synced with the cloud, however it is very disorganized to throw all of these files in the base Camera Roll folder. Each source (every app/folder) should have it's own folder within Camera Roll. They all have different naming conventions, so it's difficult to dissect which photo came from which app.

Many android camera related apps are already offering some sort of sorting, which ends up as folders on the android device. So I think this one is…

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Only show photos from the pictures folder on photos tab on the OneDrive app

At the moment, I have my photos backed up into the pictures folder from my iPhone, and tonnes of textures and pngs since I do game development. Whenever I go to my photos tab in the app it just gets overwhelmed with all these ugly texture maps, instead of my photos. The feature to only show photos from the pictures folder is on the web version, why isn't it on the app??

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Include Folders In Search Results

When I search in the Android app it will display matching files. However, sometimes, I am looking for a particular folder to drill into. Therefore, when I search, please also display matching folders in my OneDrive.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. All files should be in "The Personal Vault"

All files should be in "Personal Vault."

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Widget text customisation

Currently, Widget text and icons are determined by the selected directory, with no way to customise either. This makes no allowances for having both a "Business" and "Personal" account. I wanted to have two 1x1 icons, for direct navigation to each onedrive root directory (aka "Files"). I found it created two completely identical widgets, with no way to identify which connects to which account. I've compromised by making one direct to a sub-folder, but, short of changing the whole onedrive file structure, to nest inside an explicitly named sub-folder (which will affect the drives on PC), it relys on me…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Spam

Let me report spam that is being shared with me daily, and take action against the users that are sending it.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Алексей

не отправляются фото в фоновом режиме, нужно держать ростоянно открытым приложение, это бред!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. on this day to show regardless of the number of pics on that day

on this day to show regardless of the number of pics on that day
    Right now it will only show if you have a min of 10 pics on that day, This should show even if you have 1 pic from that day, It is still a memory

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Fix OneDrive from showing incorrect MP4 format dates

Fix OneDrive from showing incorrect MP4 format dates
    I see that the Date Taken tag is missing from the mobile apps for .MP4 only. The Date Taken tag is present on the One Drive Web.

All other formats (Mov, JPG, ETC) show the Date Taken tag on the app.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Sync any photo album to OneDrive folder, not force to sync Camera roll.

Like my system Photo has two album: album1 and album2. OneDrive has tow folder: folder1 and folder2. I wan to sync album1 to folder1, album2 to folder2. And do not sync camera roll.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please let me view the original image before downloading, instead of a compressed thumbnail image.

Because compressed thumbnail image has colour banding issue. Like I doing mobile UI design, I would export .png image to OneDrive, the I can view it on my phone. But OneDrive will show me a compressed image if I don't download the image. I want to view original image without downloading.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make OneDrive read/write in ChromeOS Files app

Currently on ChromeOS 79, the OneDrive inegration with the native files application is read only. Please could you make this read/write?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Enable drag and drop between apps

Enable option to upload new files from a different app (mail, social media, etc) to onedrive by drag and drop when using a multi window on Android devices. Allow to drag and drop files from one drive to office apps (like photos to a presentation or word file). This would boast productivity significantly in tablet or other mobile devices since nowadays all our files are on the cloud and without drag and dropping the process is cumbersome and not used frequently because of it.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Choose when to automatically upload from to avoid duplication

Have a feature where you can add a date to upload from. When I got a new phone, one drive uploaded all my photos again. Every time I turned on automatic camera upload, it would start again from scratch! I had to stop automatic camera upload and now have to upload manually which isn't ideal. Having the option to choose when to upload from would make it easier to manage what's uploaded. It's a bit all or nothing at the moment!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Create folder when saving attachment.

Please provide way for users to be able to create new folder when saving an attachment from an email to OneDrive. Example, create a new dated folder for the month for meeting series files received. Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Armazenamento mínimo

Seria melhor se desse ao usuário que não é Premium mais gigas de armazenamento, pois com o espaço de armazenamento disponível é frustrante

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Android

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base