OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Android

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. OneDrive App for Amazon FireTV

I am requesting an app built for use with the Amazon FireTV. It would be so cool to be able to watch your movies and pictures on the big screen with the family. We have a FireTV on all our TVs and hence, we can't look at our latest vacation memories.

148 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create a "OneDrive Photos" app

I would like you could create a dedicated OneDrive Photos app, like Google Photos is separated from Google Drive (offering a photos-focused app).

In Windows Mobile is not problem: the gallery is, at the same time, the "gallery" you have in OneDrive. You don't need to open the OneDrive app, and your Photos sync with your local gallery app.

Why we can't have something similar to the Google Photos or Windows Mobile experience?

Thank you and sorry for my grammar mistakes, I Hope you understand me.

135 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 105 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add "Copy To" function

There is no function to copy files in OneDrive app from one folder to another folder. This is an essential function which would allow the user to properly manage their setup via the app. Since the "Move To" function already exists, it would be similar in its functionality.

There are several workarounds this issue but they are cumbersome. One option is to share the selected files via OneDrive and select the destination folder. Another option is to save the selected files to your device and then upload them to the desired folder.

Please add the "Copy To" function to the…

100 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 88 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. smaller thumbnails

the thumbnails in the android app for pictures are too big. it would be better if you can change the size or the count per row. instead of 2 big pictures 4 small pictures.

86 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. "Sync now" button

I'm a heavy OneDrive user and I use it to keep my Android camera photos updated. My main problem doing this is that the OneDrive app has only 2 options for syncing pictures - you can either tell it to sync every time there's a new picture, or only when the phone is charging.

While I like the "upload only when charging" option sometimes I like to take a quick picture and sync the phone - which sucks because then I have to go and turn off the "upload only when charging" option. Then after I'm done I have to…

85 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Option to "keep both files or overwrite old file" while uploading file with the same name as a existing file on Android

Could you implement the "keep both files or overwrite old file"- option on the OneDrive App for Android?? when i upload a file on my computer and a file with the same name does exist already on OneDrive, i get a warning that bthe file could noz be uploaded cause it does exist already and i can chose to keep both or overwrite the existing one.
    This option is missing on the Android App. One Drive on Android will automaticly rename the new file (add a (1) ) and upload it and i have to delet the older version manualy…

80 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. TURN OFF WHITEBOARD ENHANCEMENT

I took an image of 2 blocks in a diagram, with an arrow between them. It saved an image of an arrow pointing to a block. That is not what I wanted.

I put the title in all-caps because I am very angry.

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Dark Mode/Night Mode for OneDrive App

I hope you can later on include a dark mode for your OneDrive app...it really hurts my eyes when I use it at night (especially that I am used to dark modes, and that I prefer using my phone in a dark room). This dark mode would really be helpful especially to users who have problems dealing with a bright interface. Besides, dark mode looks way cooler too.

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add multiple personal accounts to OneDrive for Android.

Add multiple personal accounts to OneDrive for Android. You have it for the Win 10 Mobile app.

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Create structured folders for mobile additional uploaded folders like whatsapp

From version 3.9 its possible to sync additional folders to OneDrive. However I dont want my whatsapp pictures, my screenshots etc. to be in the same folder as my camera pictures (Camera Roll). It would be great to have folders structure. In Copy.com RIP you had a main upload folder and inside folder per device with the device camera, folders for whatsapp videos, whatsapp pictures etc...

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Scan to sharepoint from One drive app

Enable Scan function in One drive app for Android, specifically to a Sharepoint document library.

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. When photos are uploaded automatically, there should be an option to organize them within folders of month or year, like the apple app

Currently on the android app when photos are uploaded automatically, they all go into one folder and that folder is not able to be changed. This results in the user having one huge file with tens of thousands of photos with hundreds of GB. On the Apple one drive app there is an option for photos to be organized into months or years. It would be great if this feature could come over to the android app.

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. make folders available offline on Android

When I saw that the feature for offline access was marked as "done", I was thrilled, but rapidly disappointed when I realized it's been implemented for individual files only. What if we want to keep an entire folder in sync? Isn't that the purpose of sync cloud storage?

68 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Reduce Image size and quality

We want an option to control the image size and quality for the photos of canera roll before uploading. Some images may be 5+ MB we need an option to all the app to compress its size before uploading it to OneDrive account.

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Download

1. Add "select all" box. I don't have to tic 50 times for 50 items!

2. Allow folder download instead of just fils. I need to download the whole folder

3. Allow download to SD card, and allow creating new folder.

Honestly, the download function is so poor and needs serious attention and improvements

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add slideshow function for photo viewer in OneDrive Android App

Please add slideshow function for the photo viewer in the OneDrive Android App!

64 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I want you to make it possible to edit text files on OneDrive for Business on mobile devices

Since text (.txt) files are basic files for entering and saving letters, I would like you to create an option that allows the editing of text files saved on OneDrive for Business on mobile devices. It is very inconvenient to have to change text files into Word documents every time you want to edit them. So, wouldn`t you please create a function that allows to directly edit text files in the OneDrive app or add a function to the Word for mobile app that makes it possible to open and edit text files on mobile devices? Google is already offering…

63 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. OneDrive Music app

I would like you to create a dedicated OneDrive Music app, where I can play music stored in my OneDrive music locker.

This app should be able to cache music to listen offline, and even maybe automatically upload music from my device to OneDrive.

Microsoft used to have Groove Music for Android, but they are killing it.

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Android

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base