OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Android

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Make the app for Amazon Fire TV Stick.

The app can cast to chromecast and an app was made for the fire phone. Just looking for the some love for the other streaming devices. Thank you.

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Quickly navigate to specific dates of photos

On the Windows photos app, you are able to quickly navigate to specific time periods. This would be a great feature to incorporate into the photos section of the OneDrive app!

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sort camera uploads into folders

Now that photos finally can upload from multiple folders on the phone, we should have the option to have them automatically sort into folders or albums on onedrive based on the folder they came from.

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. put somewhere to see how much space I've used and how much I have

just a little bar or corner of the slide out menu to say that I have used so many GB out of so many GB for exaple you have used 5 of 15GB

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Shortcut to folders in Android Version

Enable the possibility to add a shortcut folder in the home screen, or any screen, for folders in OneDrive. It will be amazing to access the files directly without opening the app and searching for the folder you want. It will be like our desktop.

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Reduce memory usage while running in the background

It is a bit silly that OneDrive for Android uses on average 64MB of RAM when just sitting idle in the background.

OneDrive support even refused to answer why it needs to force itself to stay running in the background all the time so if it actually isn't needed the high memory usage is even worse. Forcing an app to remain running all the time if it isn't needed is called "one of the worst memory management mistakes an app can make" in the Android SDK documentation.

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Easy way to delete duplicate photos at one time

I'm to lazy to delete duplicate photos one at a time but love taking photos and love my onedrive make me happy

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Offline Folders

Need support adding for making entire folders/sub-folders available offline rather than just individual files, then it would rival other services such as cubby and this the only thing that would need to happen for my entire company to switch to using one drive instead.

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Sync the albums folders.

So I spend hours sorting my photos on my phone into folders, so I can actually find then when I want and don't have to scroll through 1000 photos under camera roll. Then it uploads to OneDrive and as far as I can tell is uploading all photos, but they are all under camera roll again and I have to spend several more hours creating and sorting. Can't you just take the whole album I already have created so they are already sorted?

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add the option to change file display settings - show date modified

The date listed for displaying files on Android is date created. This works for photos, but is unhelpful for files that are continually being updated. I suggest adding the option to change the date displayed to date modified rather than date created.

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Turning off notifications

I don't want to get notification every time OneDrive find a new photo location... How can I turn it off?

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Show folder/file path for searched files in android App

When a file/folder shown on search results. I was unable to see entire path of related file/folder and manage to see its location on my onedrive...

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 'On this day' view and notification on Android

One of my favorite features on an OneDrive competitor product was that It used to send me a 'on this day' notification every morning, showing photographs of that day from previous years. It used to be a great way to start the morning. I am badly missing this feature.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Enable posting photos directly to the Instagram from the OneDrive for Business Apps via Android devices.

I am using the OneDrive for Business App by Android devices, and I have recognized that it cannot be posted the photo which has uploaded on OneDrive for Business to the Instagram directly. However, It is possible if the Apps for iOS devices. Therefore, I hope the feature of apps will be improved enables posting the photo directly via Android devices as well.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. download folder

I haven't been able to download a folder. I didn't find where it is on my device - quickpik at least didnt find -when I make it available offline, so I had to select all files in a folder to really download them.

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please remove the new photo backup notification!

Every few minutes I see a notification saying "backing up your photos" I don't care! Do it in the background like you used to!

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Automatically sync or just upload any folder on my phone, not just camera roll.

I would love to be able to automatically sync or just upload any folder on my phone, not just the camera roll.
    That would make a great addition to a very good app.

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Finger Print

I have a nexus 5x and i would like to enter the app using the finger print scanner

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Provide an option to switch between multiple accounts

A main drawback of one drive application is it doesn't have an option to use multiple accounts easily. Now a user need to sign out the current account to use another one, this is very painful . Please provide an option to switch multiple accounts like Google drive.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow Wi-fi only upload.

Right now, wifi only upload only support camera photos. It would be nice to allow wifi only upload for all files. In case users walk out of wifi range, it won't use mobile data.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Android

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base