OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Android

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Fast Scroll Bar for App Files Tab

Suggestion to implement a right-hand Fast Scroll scrollbar on the Android App in the Files view. It becomes quite unwieldy when you have dozens -- maybe a hundred -- folders and you need to swipe down-down-down many times to the correct folder as opposed to using a scroll bar (such as on the Photos view) to reach the location quickly (say, if ordered alphabetically).

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Camera upload Folders

When Camera upload detects a new folder it asks if you wish t backup or skip, if you choose to backup it would be most useful if it would backup to the folder it has detected rather than into Camera Roll, for example I ahve a folder on my phone call My Daughters, yet it backed up the photos to camera roll rather than my daughters.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow uploads of mobile documents and sd card storage using the OneDrive app on Android

Currently the only Device Storage upload options on the Android OneDrive app are Images, Videos, Audio, and Downloads. Provide the ability to upload from any folder. Add two additional options - "Documents" and "Device Storage" - to match the options found in "My Files".

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Rename File on Upload - Android app

Would be nice if one could rename a file before it is uploaded. Basically some apps generate files (invoices for example) with same anmes and if you need to generate 2+ files, OneDrive will fail to upload the second+ because of the name. So give us the opportunity to rename the file before it is uploaded is very important!

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Stop adding fake folders. Attachments, Documents, Saved Pictures. Fake Folders.

Stop adding fake folders. Attachments, Documents, Saved Pictures. Fake Folders.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Differentiate the additional folders in camera upload

It's great to include those additional folders with camera upload, but sometimes apps label those folders with the same name and it's hard to tell which folder is for what app. Either having a way to preview what's in each folder or having the full folder location added to the list would be fabulous.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Folder sync and delete sync

Folder sync and delete sync, best integrated cloud storage on win10 but should be better on android

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Fix freezing of Android app

The android app is unusable. I go into my camera roll folder and it just constantly freezes. I cannot scroll, it takes forever to refresh the latest photos and eventually I give up and use the website instead. Please fix it.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Videos stop when the phone auto rotates and video playing won't stop your phone from going to sleep.

Since the recent update on my android device, my videos will play but the phone goes to sleep while the video plays. This has never happened before. Also the phone stops playing video when the phone auto rotates. These were never an issue before but now it's kinda inconvenient. Using LG stylo 2

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Show file modification date at a glance

With the new update, the files don't show the last modified date as they used to, now they show the creation date.
    I love Onedrive because I use it to study directly from my tablet; when I need to change something in the text, I correct the mistake in the labtop and automatically the new file is uploaded in the tablet. I find it very useful to see at a glance, as I used to do before the new update, the last date of the new file, in order to be sure that I'm working with the more recent version.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Scroll

Who was the smartass that removed the vertical scrolling option? I've stopped using your good app just because I cand scrool faster through pages whiles maintaining zoom. It would be much appreciated a return to vertical scrolling...and fire the smartass

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Plz,put fingerprints to unlock the app.Thank you.

Plz,put fingerprints to unlock the app.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Regalen más espacio, estamos muy agradecidos

Necesitamos más espacio de almacenamiento gratis. Muchas gracias

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Show photos full screen

The current integrated photo viewer in the OneDrive app has a persistent black bar at the top of the screen. The photo viewer should display the photo on the entire screen. Remove the black bar at the top to maximize screen usage.

This is most noticeable on notchless phones.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Making it possible to delete photos from cloud when deleting from device, as it was in windows phone devices

When deleting photos on windows phone, a message appears asking if you would like to delete it from onedrive cloud also. This is very useful in order to keep in cloud only needed photos. This message does not appear in android device, so that to keep cloud clean, after deletin photos on device, you have to do the same on onedrive.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. To enable duplicate file notification

Please enable a notification in case same file is uploaded twice from the mobile app or duplicate files are added on one drive.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. OneDrive for Andriod Offline location option

Hello...It would be very helpful if you could allow me to select an SD Storage location to store my OneDrive offline cache. This way I can take my best videos to show people without sucking up my data when I'm not on Wifi. I just don't have the internal space to have a very large offline cache so this would help me by allowing me to point it to a larger SD Card.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. We can sign in with many personal accounts

Introduce an option to sign in with multiple personal accounts

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Progress tab

I am using onedrive for android tablet. Hello, can one drive add in one more tab which is 'PROGRESS'. It is pretty difficult for me to navigate the current uploading/downloading/moving tab. I hope Microsoft developers team will hear my voice, thanks.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Android

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base