OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive app on Android?

Separate folders when automatically uploading from multiple sources on mobile

Within the Android app, OneDrive suggests you backup photos from multiple apps/folders/sources on your phone. This is a good feature to keep everything synced with the cloud, however it is very disorganized to throw all of these files in the base Camera Roll folder. Each source (every app/folder) should have it's own folder within Camera Roll. They all have different naming conventions, so it's difficult to dissect which photo came from which app.

206 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Max Roseman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is my main issue with the app. It's not funny to see memes while looking at family photos.

• Eniko Waszlavik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many android camera related apps are already offering some sort of sorting, which ends up as folders on the android device. So I think this one is getting more and more important. I also have many folders and would not want to re-order them to the same folders manually.
        Even if it would be too complex to manage subfolders that way, at least there should be an option to create an album with the folder's name when they are synced from the app to the cloud. That way, the thousands of already categorized photos would be kept organized after syncing, and IMHO this feature would be fairly easy to add..

• Vincas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be default, I know have over 9000 (not a meme) photos and it takes forever to load that folder in PC. It would be perfect if photos would be organized by date folders for each month.

• EL KH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree. Even though OneDrive is a fantastic app it's very annoying to have all data in the same folder. This feature should definitely be included in the next update. I'm disappointed because my workflow could be much faster and better with this feature and the update could have been easily launched.

• Tal Sela commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I find it sad that something like this has to be requested. This option should have been introduced together with the feature to backup several sources. This is creating such a mess. Camera roll should just be for photos taken by camera, and every other source should go under the 'Pictures' folder with the folder in the name of the source.

• Martijn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This ! Ive been looking in the settings for this. Ive used an other cloud before and it had this option and that worked great hope the implent it in ondrive aswell

• jemik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, completely agree.. Please do something with this. It ends up with huge mess in the Camera Roll folder.

Feedback and Knowledge Base