OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive app on Android?

Show only photos from Photos folder

On wepage we have option so see pictures/photos from only the Photos folder but in Android version of OneDrive, we don't have this option when we go to the "Photos" from the mainmenu, it shows all pictures, what we dont want.

So please add that same function from webpage to app.

211 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Janne Granström shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tomi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Photos view on Android finds thumbnails, album cover art etc photo files which it shows on photos stream and makes quite mess of it. I hope view could be limited to Pictures folder only.

• JP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The directory is actually "Pictures", but yes the mobile app should have parity with web. It feels incomplete.

• Massimiliano Fares commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree 100%, if you have any sort of different images files in documents folder those will be shown into photos even they are not meant to be there.

Please update the app with the "show only photos" option of the PC app and website

• Vincent Wen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I strongly agree. I don't want those very private images shown in the Photos tab. This is very offensive when I use onedrive App in the public area.

• Vince commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was fixed long time ago on Windows Mobile. Shame is still problem on Android

• Odioniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

since over a year has gone bye without any comment (as is usual for sensible suggestions) - i can only share what i did:

download boxcryptor and encrypt all folders that contain images but should not be in fotos.

it is a completely a**-backwards approach to solve a problem that only exists because the OneDrive client lacks basic functionality but it works.

since i do not need those other folders on my phone there is no issue for me - but if you do you can use the free boxcryptor account on two devices and an android client is available, allowing you to decrypt and access those files on your phone too.

still an ugly and roundabout way to do things but it was the only way for me to actually have a Foto galery that merits the name on my phone.

• Matthew Hall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very annoying. The desktop photos, ios photos app, online app all have the ability to show photos only from the photos folder - android app does not. Makes the photos tab pretty much useless if you use onedrive for anything else.

Feedback and Knowledge Base