OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive app on Android?

Folder sync

Why not make the mobile version just like the Desktop app?

You should be able to select a folder (or multiple folders) from your mobile device and OneDrive should upload all the files (not just photos or videos) in that folder automatically and every time you modify one of the files in that folder or add a new file, it should automatically sync it with the cloud.

Unbelievably, OneDrive, nor Dropbox nor Google Drive currently offer such feature. You can only get this feature with a third party app like FolderSync (paid app - Android).

This should be a native feature. Add it.

Thanks.

7,314 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    R shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    closed  ·  AdminRyan Hoge (Group Program Manager, Microsoft) responded  · 

There are several things being talked about in this suggestion and in the comments.

1. Bring Camera upload to OneDrive for Business users. That is in progress and we have another item tracking this in the iOS category.
    2. Allow Camera upload to work for different local photo locations. This is supported now.
    3. Support taking OneDrive files and folders offline. This is supported today including saving to the SD card if the app is installed there.
    4. Allow arbitrary syncing of non photo local folders to OneDrive storage locations, We have no plans to bring this type of capability to Android devices.

94 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Andy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add camera upload to OneDrive for Business we only have 120 business users wanting this feature? Its way overdue!

• B V commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Folder syncing outside of the OneDrive directory for PC would be a good option too.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Considering point 4. I have no plans to pay for your service in the future. It's beyond me why this features doesn't exist. I bet you could explain it but this with the current statement it's just confusing to users.

• Jim Crawford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow me to auto upload my pictures to my School (Work) One drive account. I feel I shoulf be able to use the space provided to me how I choose.

Please add camera upload to OneDrive for Business. Our company needs this urgently. It is really unbelievable that Microsoft has made such an oversight and let it work only with personal OneDrive.

• Joel Varnadore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really hope you reconsider this. I would really value this feature and want to use OneDrive for this! Please email when this decision is changed.

It is unacceptable that you have less features in a paid service than the free. In addition, the camera upload is a very good standard feature that are already available for all competitors even in Business accounts.I work in a very large chemistry company , Employees can not automatically upload photo documentation of production equipment from a mobile device to onedrive. Should I tell the colleagues they have to create a private account ????

• Josh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is stopping me from deploying One drive currently. Due to this I will be deploying another option. I have no intentions on waiting for someone to "Think about it" and decide that it is needed. It has over 7300 votes and has been sitting here for over a year.

Why cant I just tell onedrive to ignore any files in a specific folder? I do a lot of video editing which takes up loads of space (far more than my limit) and I don't keep the entire video - I just edit them for the bits I want to keep then publish them to youtube or save them separately. Ive just put 3 files on my laptop which are about 12 gb (4K res, approx. 45 minutes worth) and its trying to back them up even though that is way over my limit and will mostly end up being deleted, just keeping maybe 5 minutes of the total video!

• Metali commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It has been almost a year, the votes are overwhelming, the requirement is a basic one and you are still "THINKING ABOUT IT"??!!

GOOD...

Don't "THINK ABOUT IT" Douglas; your app did LITERALLY THIS a month ago. Additional folders went to...drumroll...ADDITIONAL FOLDERS. Now you just dump them in the "Camera" folder. Sort your ish out guys and fix this bug

• Russell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature asap. I was ready to start using Onedrive for all my documents (business and personal), and really need this feature to use on my phone. I have a Office 365 Business Premium account and want to start using Onedrive on my phone. But the lack of picture sync is preventing this. I can't understand you're not supported this. Every major file sync service supports this. Why not Microsoft?

• Sergio Enriquez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one of the 2 most important feature we need...

The second one is that currently, the photo roll sinc is a mess, it syncs al pictures from the selected folder to a one single folder on my onedrive named "album de camara" but it doesn't split into the same folder structure, it puts ALL photos and videos from all of the included sources onto same root folder..
        It is a very big mess, I Wish to have it splitted on folders named as the source is named, because I sync all availabe and suggested folder on onedrive app, but the information on each synced source is different!!
        Yes, all are photos or graphics like meme's, jokes, charts, etc., and yes sometimes I receive family phtos over whatsapp, but these are the less times, so it would be easier for me to clean my onedrive if the source is splitted.

• Stephen Day commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sounds like something I've been wishing to happen for a while. I'd like, maybe Android OneDrive app for O365 to have the option to automatically default to selecting :

\Internal shared storage\DCIM
        \Internal shared storage\Documents
        \Internal shared storage\Download
        \Internal shared storage\Movies
        \Internal shared storage\Music
        \Internal shared storage\Pictures

And then the user have the option to unselect, or select additional folders/subfolders as they desire. I would like an "android" folder, with a nice "android" icon. And how about an iphone for iphone users.

The data should always be in sync with both, both ways. Even when the phone has been wiped, and O365 one drive setup again ... it should sync back down to the phone.

Thanks to the user who submitted this request.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base