OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive app on Android?

Make OneDrive Offline Files on Android accessible by other Android apps

Make OneDrive Offline Files on Android accessible by other Android apps.

604 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

29 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to happen. While yes, I can go the details/save route, that doesn't help when you have a few dozen files and you just want the entire folder. Makes no sense to force me to zip it, download, and then extract it, so I can read/listen to something offline.

• William Gillingham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not quite what everyone wants, but, you can explicitly download files from onedrive to your android file system. (After making available offline, you can view the details of the file and 'download' to your android). Yes - I know this isn't what people want... lol.

This is a major flaw. I want a cloud drive on my device that allows me to access my synchronized file with third party apps. Please fix this.

The whole OneDrive UI seems designed to be as obscure and confusing as possible. After installing it on a PC it is even nigh-on impossible to workout whether the "My Documents" folder is still on the C: drive, now just on the Cloud, or on both!

But this daft limitation takes the biscuit...
    What is the point of cloud storage of my files if I can't access them with the apps they were designed to be used with?
    What on earth is the difference between "make available for offline use" and "download"?
    And if you *do* let me download a file from your Android app, why do you then hide it somewhere and force me to scour the Internet in order to track it down (I've still not achieved that simple aim!)

• Ashwin Doshi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fix it fast before I am compelled to dump onedrive. Or bring back the windows phone I was just forced to switch from.

As others have already said, I should be able to access my music from my OneDrive\Music folder just as I can on my Windows devices.

• Scipub commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be an option, but only at the folder level, and preferably shared only with specific apps.

We do not want to give Google and Android apps free access to all of our content. Some apps ask for ridiculous permissions levels and make no bones about mining and stealing user data.

• Richard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please make ik work as on the PC where offile files are stored in a normal filesystem folder that is accessible by all apps!

This is mandatory for me to be able to listen to my music stored on Onedrive, please add that feature!

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Welcome to 2019.

This needs to be fixed. As the person below me stated this works for individual files manually but it needs to be done at the folder level, and have an automatic option for all selected folders, all the time, to an SD card in any android phone.

Major hole in my new cloud strategy, not just music is affected. I have several files I need to be able to easily open on Android, and PC. Get this done. sad really.

• Vijay Bhaskar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is possible but the process is not intuitive (Bad UX) hence the confusion.

You can save the offline files to what ever folder destination you what to save and use them with other apps.

First make files offline.

Then go to 'Files available offline" in "Me" section.

Then select the files you want to save and click save in the 3dot menu, you will be asked for destination folder, choose the folder and your files will be saved there.

Now you can access the offline files with other apps.

This makes OneDrive useless for me at the moment :(

I want to sync my Music folder to my Android phone as I have a library of songs which aren't available on streaming services. It would be great if I could mark an indivdual folder as available to other applications on my device.

• Dell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to do a simple thing, use a music player app on my android phone to listen to my offline music files while on an airplane. That is a simple and straightforward request that is impossible with onedrive.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And I cancel my OneDrive plan and move my data to Google.

• Francis Kowal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am putting votes on this just because I came across it, I have not tested it out yet. BUT If this is correct I would be disappointed as well,

• Lewis Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah this is shockingly dumb if this isn't already the case. There is no point in using offline files to sync them to my phone if I can't access them.

This still seems to be an issue. As others have said, no point in off line storage whatsoever unless I can see and organise it from "my files" or similar.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base