OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive app on Android?

Make OneDrive Offline Files on Android accessible by other Android apps

Make OneDrive Offline Files on Android accessible by other Android apps.

177 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This still seems to be an issue. As others have said, no point in off line storage whatsoever unless I can see and organise it from "my files" or similar.

Are you kidding me? What a joke! What good is a OneDrive app on your phone if offline files can only be opened with the OneDrive app? Whoever came up with that idea...you're FIRED! There are a thousand other apps that need to access my files too, and they aren't all MICROSOFT apps. Stop trying to be Apple! Make it generic and usable across all apps. Jeez!

• Peter Tsrunchev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ugh, lack of this feature makes onedrive completely pointless, every file I "keep offline" has to be downloaded a second time just to be used in another app...

• DC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really bad. I use OneDrive to store and organize all of my images, and I cannot share them from other apps directly. I have to go into onedrive, save the file, and then upload it. These really need to be in a folder somwhere that apps can read from, and that i cna add to Android's gallery.

ridiculous that I cant save my music folder in One Drive to my SD card. I travel and often don't have internet access, so i need to be able to store them offline. My music library will not fit on the internal storage.

• Bonnie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seems like a basic, free option on most other apos. Why should I have to find my image and download it to android in order to use it.? Defeats the convenience of storing them on your cloud

I want to be able to store my OneDrive music folder offline on my phone and use an audio app to listen to the downloaded music. Not even Groove is able to do this simple request. All audio apps including Groove only stream and no audio apps can add the OneDrive music folder locally since it is hidden.

• Nuno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Offline files: only worth use if user can select where to save (namelly in the SD card) and can access that folder with other Android apps.

• NW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is no point to 'offline files' if the only app that can see them is Onedrive.

Feedback and Knowledge Base