OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive app on Android?

Fix Kindle Fire "No network connection.." error for OneDrive APP.

362 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jim shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

101 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MadMatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was using a Fire and the new OneDrive update took care of it right away. Fixed, no problem.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Get ES FileManger from the Amazon appstore: it allows access to OneDrive so you're not completely dead in the water. The way the other MSFT apps have disappeared from appstore makes me think we'll never see it again.

• Jo1965 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ugh! Bought Amazon Fire to take on a trip to Kenya. Loaded it up with everything I need and then went to access OneDrive and found out it won't work. Never again will I buy a Fire!

• Lynn Hall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Working on it in July, now it is almost Halloween and still no fix. Unspeakably lame.

It's 10/22/2018 and next month was in August 2018....when is it being fixed or not? One Drive is important to me and if it's not going to be available, moving to Android tablet.

No one drive - get that dumb "no network connection" - one drive not in app store. if no one drive is available soon, dumping the Amazon kindle....this is the 3rd app for now for me not available.

• Bennet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Best workaround I've found: "ES File Explorer" from AMZ appstore. Installed it on my new Fire 10 and it gives complete access to my OneDrive account. It does have some in-app advertising, but I don't find it overly intrusive, especially since it's free.
        I don't understand why MSFT can't make access to OneDrive files work on Fire if a little company like ES can make it work. Wondering: is Fire 10 competition for Surface Go and MSFT wants to make it unappealing? Or is AMZ denying MSFT access to the appstore, in which case I wish MSFT would tell us so I could cancel my Prime subscription.

• Lori commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't get it. I used one drive on my old kindle and I get an error message on my new one. I uninstalled and now see it's not available at all. Beyond annoying as I use regularly. When will this be fixed?

Please fix Kindle Fire "no network connection" I just purchased this kindle and can't believe I can't get to my One Drive. Had no problem on my other Kindle.

• John L Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is very disappointing that this problem is still not fixed. It worked on the Fire HDX which I have updated to the 10.1 HD, so I still cannot access my fikes.
        It seems that a few of the apps have not been updated so are lacking key features.

• Jim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the next month (from July). Well, here it is October and I cannot log into OneDrive from my Fire HD 10. All I get when entering the password is "No network connection", even though I just downloaded and installed OneDrive through the network.

What happened with Onedrive for fire??? It was working until I decided to hance my password, then it haven't connected any more! Please, we need a solution! Or I will cancel the one drive account.

• Andrew Dodd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So after reading this post in the hope of it being resolved as I've just bought a New Kindle Fire. Has it been resolved....nope, are kindles being supported at all now?!?!?!

• PC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looks like they've given up on it. The OneDrive app is no longer in the Amazon App Store.

• BRIAN HAYES commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the app doesnt exist anymore in the kindle libray as far as i can tell.

that sucks, long time microsoft customer aint happy

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base