OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive app on Android?

Fix Kindle Fire "No network connection.." error for OneDrive APP.

362 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jim shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

107 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have installed the OneDrive app on my Kindle Fire HD8 and when I try to sign on using my live email and password I get a message saying I do not have a Wi-Fi connection, but I do.

• Mike Gatons commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just got off the phone with Amazon support. I cannot access Onedrive on my new Fire HD8 (7gen). They say it is "a known issue" and they will get with their engineers and Microsoft to solve it. Then they will contact me. Judging by all the posts here and other comments online, I am not very hopeful for a quick fix.

• Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

same issue No network connection raised it on the Amazon forum nothing , It has been two months now and there has a been a recent OS update but nothing to fix this problem.

Same problem. Not an issue considering now I can't access any of my most important information. Thanks Microsoft.

• Dave Hufton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This issue is a real frustration and an abandonment of OneDrive users wanting the Fire OS platform. I have sent two Fire tablets back just because of this.

What is the fix? I downloaded other apps that work OK right away but this OneDrive gives a response: "No WiFi or no network". I've been searching for solution without any constructive advice available so far. FRUSTRATING

• Alex Plain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem. Only recently started having it, maybe in the last 2 weeks or so.

Kindle Fire 7. Fully updated OS as of 4/9/2018.

• Raymond Clements commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the exact same problem since we started using our new Kindle Fire HD 8 (7th Generation). I cannot signin to OneDrive using our wifi connection which it can use for all other apps no problem. It does not make sense. I have uninstalled and re-installed and still the same problem. We did have a previous HDX 7 before and I do not know if this has caused any issues.

• Bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is the fix? I downloaded other apps that work OK right away but this OneDrive gives a response: "No WiFi or no network". I've been searching for solution without any constructive advice available so far. FRUSTRATING

Feedback and Knowledge Base