OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive app on Android?

Make files downloadable to the SD card of Android Phone

Just found that the OneDrive app on Android does not support downloading files to the SD card. That should be fixed as in most situations, the SD card is the better (and larger) place for your documents to be kept on your phone.
Thank you

78 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Installing the OneDrive app on an SD card is now supported on most Android devices. This allows you to install the entire app as well as any files/folders you mark for offline availability will use this additional storage.

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AlG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wrong solution! I realize MS is a PC software company but the newer versions of Android do not allow apps to be installed on the SD card anymore, so your solution is only for older android devices.

Your solution is out of date at the time of implementation!

• Mario Adrián commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think that don't really answer the question. The subject of commentary is other.. It's use SD to download files not to install the app. Anyway the app don't clean the photos from external storage yet.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This doesn't work for Samsung Galaxy S9. Option to change location of app to SD card doesn't exist.

• Rob Wickham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not working on Kindle Fire HD8. I move the app to the SD Card, and sure enough, all the files in my account that I mark for offline use end up filling up the internal storage, not the SD Card. Once internal storage is full, the app crashes.

• Joan Giralt Duran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have same problem. When i download a file i can store it straight to the sd card. I have to store it to the phone first. Please fix it

• Roy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Boom it's done should only refer to a feature that is for ALL devices. Unfortunately this feature doesn't work on my LG G6.

Feedback and Knowledge Base