OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive app on Android?

OneDrive move to external on any Samsung still fails 6-2018!

Ryan, there is a separate topic where you said this was working, it's NOT for any Samsung users and probably others!

You seem to be ignoring that thread, titled,'Allow OneDrive app on Android to be moved to SD card including storing offline files'.

Could you please comment here, or at least back in the other topic, so all of us still actively using it get some feedback as to your progress on solving the problem on the most widely used mobile platform in the world (yes there are more Samsungs than iPhones)?

I am attaching the threads from just the 1st page of threads from that other topic. Jeff

118 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jeff Weiss shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anyone any ideas here? I use onedrive on a samsung 7 phone. In "apps" it shows as using 5.88 GB internal. I have 1 small file which I keep on the device. I also use the useful onesync app to keep my onedrive music (many more GB) synced to my SD card.
        So whats in the 5 GB or how can find out or get rid?

• Jan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OneDrive to use SD card for storage STILL not working.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (Android).

I specifically signed up for the Microsoft Home Package because of the great 1TB OneDrive storage. It saves me the headache of trying to setup camera sync on all of my family member's phones using various 3rd party apps. However, we are now having difficulty because ALL photos simply sync to ONE folder. Some of us are happy snappers that like to "folderise" everything. This causes massive duplication of photos for those in the family that are 'technologically' average skilled.

It would be great if we could have the Offline sync to SD card because then we could simply move our photos to our OneDrive folders, and then sync those folders as Offline folder, back to our phones.

Not sure if the above made sense, but I strongly support this thread and I hope that the OneDrive team at Microsoft can come up with a solution really soon!

• Richard Wagstaff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On my Galaxy S9 there isn't an option to move OneDrive to external storage (just clear data and clear cache). Is this feature now discontinued?

• Stefan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OneDrive to use SD card for storage STILL not working. Wait and wait for an update and then told by MS fixed and thread closed. Not fixed and we who would like to remain MS users are ignored.
        How unprofessional!
        It looks like MS employ people who want to destroy MS by loosing all their users by making their products unusable?

Same. The Onedrive app is set to "External" and everything looks like it should work, but the when folders sync, it is using internal memory. Samsung Note 8 running android 8.0 oreo and Samsung experience 9.

• Jeff Weiss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For indexing this relates to the external SD card in Samsung phones. My 128GB is being wasted. I have had to uninstall OneDrive because my internal storage ran out of space. Even when you choose external for the OneDrive app, it says it moved itself (& supposedly the actual data) but it doesn't!

Feedback and Knowledge Base