OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive app on Android?

OneDrive Music app

I would like you to create a dedicated OneDrive Music app, where I can play music stored in my OneDrive music locker.

This app should be able to cache music to listen offline, and even maybe automatically upload music from my device to OneDrive.

Microsoft used to have Groove Music for Android, but they are killing it.

56 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Christian Hartung shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Joe G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Here's a basic idea. Make the provided music player able to play when the device locks, or in the background when you switch to another app. Basic requirements for a music player, not supported today. If you tap on an MP3 file, it will play until something else happens.

• Wolfgang Lhotka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The only working Player with onedrive in the Webb is CloudPlayer from DuobleTwist. (the pro version for € 8.-)

Why can VLC and all others not find the OneDrive Folder???

• Lourens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1) When I flag my music on the OneDrive app to be available offline then my music players can't pick it up. Why is that?

2) I don't TRUST third party apps scanning my OneDrive for "music" like https://www.doubletwist.com/cloudplayer

The OneDrive app should get better as a music player on mobile, or like Christian suggested ... maybe create "OneDrive Music" app.

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With the sunsetting of Groove, either allow us to play through the OneDrive app or officially support some other developer so we can play from OneDrive away from the desktop.

Feedback and Knowledge Base