OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive app on Android?

1 There should be an option to set the default view (list/grid) 2 Grid view should be more usable, like viewing info or download

181 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Touhid Alam shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

30 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mark Greenberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Don't waste your time...MS doesn't give a R*ts A**. I've ;posted this comment for 2 years running minimum. And this comment will likely be removed despite my being a shareholder for 30+ years.

• George commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For viewing images grid view having info and other extra info polluting the screen would not be good.

• Blair commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just downloaded One Drive after switching from iCloud. Very disappointed that there is no option to choose 'list' view for all files. Having to go into each file and changing the view option is a very very poor design. It would be great to see this changed soon.

• Fat Fred commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unbelievably, a usable version of OneDrive can still be downloaded FROM MICROSOFT at https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=248256. If you install it, you will get a solemn warning FROM MICROSOFT that this program does not come from the Microsoft Store - do you wish to install it anyway? Just say yes. You can add curses afterwards.

• Stephen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree 100% that an option shoulde be provided to select a default folder view. Having to manually select list/grid on every folder, and then waiting for a screen refresh, is a poor design.

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I need to access Onedrive from my iPhone it's because I need a particular file *now, not 5 minutes from now. Having to reset the view to details for *each directory/sub-directory and sort the view to that which I usually need for file location defeats my use of the service. I now rarely opt to use the service given the its cumbersome and time consuming file location ability that is, for whatever odd reason, a persistent design feature. If I were sarcastic, I'd say it's simply MS continuing its decades old mantra--it's our way or the highway. Mark (a customer since the first iteration of Windows and a longtime shareholder).

• Sifu Emir R. Furuhende commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This option is available on the internet browser and the macOS but when it comes to iOS unfortunately they decided to not add this option. Both Apple iCloud Drive and Google Drive have this already and at this point I don’t see a reason to not have systemwide order by name or date and systemwide view as list and thumbnail available...!

• buggalugs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This posted 2015! Here's praying I live long enough to ever see this implemented. Maybe MS could open source this to cope?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

LMAO !!!! While I agree with everyone here - we should be able to set out default view to anything we want - but we are speaking about an elitist company that basically says "this is what you get" - take it or leave it ... oh, and give us money for it.

The lack of real time help also sucks - send an email and when they get around o it they respond - usually with something that has nothing to do with the issue you're having.

I've read a couple of forums about how a comma (,) displays as ^J ... WTF is that? The funnier part, is that the OneDrive "support" member actually blamed it on Office because the user was having problems with Word documents ... well OneDrive lamebrains - it actually happens with mp3 files, jpg files and pdf files ... so maybe we need to contact all of those providers and find out what they're doing wrong, right? MORONS.

Honestly, OneDrive is the worst thing ever - OK, maybe not alone at the bottom of the list - it shares the bottom spot with Windows 8.

STOP THE CORN BALL icons in OneDrive and give me the list view that makes sense by default

the world demands list view for the android app -- much more convenient and user friendly for so many users!

• paulesso commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why can't list view be saved as default view. There is a save default on photos, but not for my other office files.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base