OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive app on Android?

Fast scroll on photos page for quicker navigation

Very dificult to scroll to older pictures in OneDrive without a fast way to move through the timeline.

151 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Dan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dave Wolax commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

on android its laggy as **** to scroll in photos section. also no way to pinch to zoom in and out to view a glance at a month, year view? why not.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is so crazy. I did a search for "Scrollbar" and there are many different requests for the same thing! I have thousands of pictures on OneDrive but cant navigate through them. Most other cloud companies have an easy way to scroll through photos on android.

Do the developers actually use their own software on android? If so they would see this problem and fix for their own sanity

Find that one picture between thousands when needed in a conversation. Is just impossible and to slow and useless... but no surprice. Microsoft have never delivered good way to search in any os or application, onenote, outlook, sharepoint etc. bye gui that works... only powershell lets you use wildcards.

Really need this, it's something I got used to on my Windows 10 phone - it was really convenient to be able to go to a specific date to find the photo I was looking for. Really sad to see this isn't on the Android application - it's a really useful feature.

• Jay Bennett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agreed, everywhere else I see my photos I have this option just not on my Android device. Makes competing photo cloud storage solutions look much better :(

• mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was google-ing for an answer to this same question but for a different reason which you may all find interesting ..
    I have always had the very same problem scrolling through a large number of photos, but when I first installed the onedrive app on my xperia x running android 7.0, I went to the Photos page and I actually had a timeline scrollbar appear when I scrolled, just the same as you see in the google photos app. This was fantastic.

However, for some reason, this timeline scroll bar has stopped appearing. I do not know why. I cannot get it to appear again.

So I think we are asking the wrong question, the time line scroll bar does in fact exist and worked great. The question is, how do we invoke the scrollbar? or is there some bug that hides the scroll bar and prevents it from appearing.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES! A scroll bar, Scroll by date, jump to date, pinch out zoom, or a FAST scroll feature or some combination of these ideas are crucial for Android. The app is basically broken without it.

It currently takes me 5 minutes of scrolling to get to last year's photos!
    That's ridiculous.

Also people have asked for this in multiple other threads, PLEASE merge them so that you get an accurate count of how many need this feature.

• Dennis Fluttershy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pinch to zoom out slightly so you can see the left and right image, that enables fast scroll.

Look in the Google Camera.

Actions should be unified.

• Oskari Kosonen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really miss this feature too. I have thousands of pictures and it takes ages to swipe through them to find the picture I'm looking from few years back.
    Maybe something like you have done to your iOS app (the circle that enables faster scrolling) could be done for Android as well.

Feedback and Knowledge Base