OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Android

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

How can we improve the OneDrive app on Android?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Update OneDrive to a newer version that works with Chromebooks

There is a problem with OneDrive on my Chromebook. (Chromebooks now run Android apps). My model is Google Pixelbook, and I downloaded OneDrive from Play Store. Now, when I tried to sign in to my Microsoft Account on the Android version of OneDrive on Google Pixelbook, I get a "sign-in failure" error message. More information about OneDrive in the Play Store shows "Last updated: 24th June 2016" and should be updated to work on all Chromebooks later than that exact date.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Onedrive for Android is not useable

Onedrive for Android is just not good enough: it works quite differently from how it works on Windows and usually it does not work at all.

Two features of Onedrive on Windows that are critical are: it is integrated with Windows filing so can find folders and files as if they were local, and it saves local duplicate copies on PC. Onedrive for Android does neither which makes it almost useless (dependent on an internet connection).

What makes it completely useless is that I usually get a message that "This folder can't be displayed. Make sure you're connected to a…

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. download folder

I haven't been able to download a folder. I didn't find where it is on my device - quickpik at least didnt find -when I make it available offline, so I had to select all files in a folder to really download them.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Show folder/file path for searched files in android App

When a file/folder shown on search results. I was unable to see entire path of related file/folder and manage to see its location on my onedrive...

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. More options for music playback on the OneDrive mobile app

Playing music on the app is very poor. There is no real music player and it does not display file tags or cover art. Please improve music playback on the OneDrive app!

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. provide overwrite capabilities

I would like the option of overwriting an old file with a new corrected or revised file of the same name. I notice that it currently just duplicates whether than overwrite

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fix freezing of Android app

The android app is unusable. I go into my camera roll folder and it just constantly freezes. I cannot scroll, it takes forever to refresh the latest photos and eventually I give up and use the website instead. Please fix it.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Videos stop when the phone auto rotates and video playing won't stop your phone from going to sleep.

Since the recent update on my android device, my videos will play but the phone goes to sleep while the video plays. This has never happened before. Also the phone stops playing video when the phone auto rotates. These were never an issue before but now it's kinda inconvenient. Using LG stylo 2

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Photo album layout

Please put photo albums in order by date taken and display photos in albums by latest first. (like Google photos does). I have to scroll through hundreds of photos at the moment in my general folder to get to the latest photo.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Photos - Allow synchronized delete (i.e. both on OneDrive and device)

I'd like to have the option to delete photo from device and from cloud - just as it works on Windows 10 (from everywhere on the device).
    If that is not possible - and it most probably is not - have the opportunity to delete from device when deleting in OneDrive.
    Or at least have the opportunity to identify differences and do it as bulk operation manually.
    Thank you!

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Disponibilizar vídeo player com acelerador (speed, até 2,5x) para exibição dos vídeos.

Disponibilizar vídeo player com acelerador (speed, até 2,5x) para exibição dos vídeos.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Change sync folder photos

I'd like to be able to select which OneDrive folder my photos sync to. Currently there is a default folder called Camera Roll that has thousands of photos. I would like to be able to start fresh in a new folder so I don't have to scroll through so many photos when I view the folder contents. Since I can't change which folders my phone syncs to, I have to move photos from the original folder to a new folder and that's very time consuming.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. password option

Hello, I wanna suggest if you can add the password option for share links for onedrive, this for more security, thank you...

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Plz,put fingerprints to unlock the app.Thank you.

Plz,put fingerprints to unlock the app.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. camera upload is consuming all of my wifi bandwidth so I had to turn off the upload. it would be great if I could set a bandwidth rate limit

Android app - please allow upload rate limit so that I can use my wifi for other things while the files are uploading

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Jump to a date few years ago...

Onedrive app: possibility to jump to exact day few years ago, instead of scrolling down to find those photos. My finger is almost killed now!

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. add photo captions to Android app

Captions of photos I have typed online don't show up anywhere when viewing photos through the Android app. Also, one cannot add/change caption from Android app.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Option to exclude certain folders from Photos tab in Android app

I have over one hundred thousand work-related images in my OneDrive that I do not want showing up in the "Photos" tab with my personal photos for aesthetic and app performance reasons. There is currently a great option on OneDrive.com to limit the images that appear in the "Photos" tab to only those in the "Pictures" folder. However, this feature has not been extended to the iOS or Android apps. Please enable this option in the Android app.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Progress tab

I am using onedrive for android tablet. Hello, can one drive add in one more tab which is 'PROGRESS'. It is pretty difficult for me to navigate the current uploading/downloading/moving tab. I hope Microsoft developers team will hear my voice, thanks.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Android

Feedback and Knowledge Base