OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Android

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. ...provide the option to route OneDrive storage to the microSD card rather than using device memory.

Device memory is very scarce on my machine, but I have tons of memory on my microSD card, more than enough to accomodate what I store in OneDrive. I need the ability to configure OneDrive to store its files on the microSD card rather than in device memory.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Numerical sorting

Allow numerical sorting such as: 1,2,3...9,10,11. Currently numerical sorting: 1,10,11...19,2,20

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Android TV

Am just missing support for Android TV now, so i can bring some files to my Television with out need to use USB stick for everything, and i dont like like ES with OneDrive Plugins is just full of ads and spams now for days.

Now am just wish for a OneDrive for Android TV
    Bring files not just betetween the PC, and phones but also PC to Televsion mabye store files and backups into there for my televsion just have a 16GB and make like video recording and stuff like that frome a gameplay with Android TV with like…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Camera upload should automatically create subfolders for photos that are grabbed from different locations

Instead of uploading everything into a folder called 'camera roll' in OneDrive, this feature should automatically create subfolders for the extra locations of images that are automatically uploaded.

E.g
    I set my phone to automatically upload my screenshots folder, camera folder, and downloads folder. But in OneDrive, everything is just uploaded into one place (camera roll) with no subfolders that help me sort my images!

This is a must have feature for me and I would really appreciate it if you take the time to further make it more useful.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make the Android app faster!

OneDrive is awesome but slow. Every single step takes a few seconds to load. Make it responsive!

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Differentiate the additional folders in camera upload

It's great to include those additional folders with camera upload, but sometimes apps label those folders with the same name and it's hard to tell which folder is for what app. Either having a way to preview what's in each folder or having the full folder location added to the list would be fabulous.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Fix freezing of Android app

The android app is unusable. I go into my camera roll folder and it just constantly freezes. I cannot scroll, it takes forever to refresh the latest photos and eventually I give up and use the website instead. Please fix it.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Show full path for camera upload folders

Camera upload has an option to select folders to sync but there's no way to identify the identical folder you are syncing because there's no full path shown

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Videos stop when the phone auto rotates and video playing won't stop your phone from going to sleep.

Since the recent update on my android device, my videos will play but the phone goes to sleep while the video plays. This has never happened before. Also the phone stops playing video when the phone auto rotates. These were never an issue before but now it's kinda inconvenient. Using LG stylo 2

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Find & delete duplicatation files and photos

Create option work on finding duplication of the files & Photos in OneDrive folders to delete or sort but work on OneDrive cloud to save space.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Favorite / Star Folders

Would be great if you can mark folders as Favorite Folders / Star Folders and quickly navigate to these folders (like quick access in Windows)

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add support for backup of live photos/motion photos on Android and iOS.

Life’s a blur, but it doesn’t have to be. Capture 3 seconds with every tap, and select the clearest moment.

http://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/galaxy-s7/how-to/motion-photo/

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Do not create a folder called "Camera Roll" when automatically uploading photos.

OneDrive automatically creates a folder called "Camera Roll" when it uploads photos from my android phone. I wish it didn't do that. I would like to choose which OneDrive folder the photos are uploaded to.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Making a multi select button for files, instead of having to individually select them

Literally cut and dry. There should be a button that you can press to select all the files in a folder, instead of having to select one at a time.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Disponibilizar vídeo player com acelerador (speed, até 2,5x) para exibição dos vídeos.

Disponibilizar vídeo player com acelerador (speed, até 2,5x) para exibição dos vídeos.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Plz,put fingerprints to unlock the app.Thank you.

Plz,put fingerprints to unlock the app.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. "Pause sync" and "Sync now" button on android version

Sync process consume bandwidth so please provide "Pause sync" button

Sync process usually always say "waiting" so please provide a button for force the sync

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Burst Mode on Android results in all photos uploaded

on the Google Pixel, and presumably other Android phones with stock camera, "Burst Mode" spams the OneDrive camera roll. the problem is that burst mode takes dozens of photos and puts them in a sub folder in the Android camera folder. instead of asking, OneDrive auto selects these folders for upload. then I end up with hundreds of the same photo on my camera roll. in the attached screenshot I have turned them off but that is not sustainable. OneDrive needs to learn how to deal with this - maybe by the simple solution of not auto uploading subfolders, and…

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Sync offline folders to visible folders in microSD

Handle offline folders in Android as separate files/folders, so the files can be accessed by other apps, like Gallery or music. Currently only OneDrive app can access offline files.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Progress tab

I am using onedrive for android tablet. Hello, can one drive add in one more tab which is 'PROGRESS'. It is pretty difficult for me to navigate the current uploading/downloading/moving tab. I hope Microsoft developers team will hear my voice, thanks.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Android

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base