OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on Android

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Date modified

Photos should have a sort option for date modified. It is very tedious searching through a long list of photos for one when i can just sort them into a date modified setting.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Camera upload Folders

When Camera upload detects a new folder it asks if you wish t backup or skip, if you choose to backup it would be most useful if it would backup to the folder it has detected rather than into Camera Roll, for example I ahve a folder on my phone call My Daughters, yet it backed up the photos to camera roll rather than my daughters.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. To enable duplicate file notification

Please enable a notification in case same file is uploaded twice from the mobile app or duplicate files are added on one drive.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. provide overwrite capabilities

I would like the option of overwriting an old file with a new corrected or revised file of the same name. I notice that it currently just duplicates whether than overwrite

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fast Scroll Bar for App Files Tab

Suggestion to implement a right-hand Fast Scroll scrollbar on the Android App in the Files view. It becomes quite unwieldy when you have dozens -- maybe a hundred -- folders and you need to swipe down-down-down many times to the correct folder as opposed to using a scroll bar (such as on the Photos view) to reach the location quickly (say, if ordered alphabetically).

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. On Android, Allow the option to select certain folders to upload, and turn off others from auto uploading Photos

When placing new photos and videos on your device folders, have an in onedrive's in settings to select which folders you want auto uploading photos and videos from and turn off once you don't want auto uploading

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow uploads of mobile documents and sd card storage using the OneDrive app on Android

Currently the only Device Storage upload options on the Android OneDrive app are Images, Videos, Audio, and Downloads. Provide the ability to upload from any folder. Add two additional options - "Documents" and "Device Storage" - to match the options found in "My Files".

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow download and sync whole OneDrive Document folder on android phone, like PC

Please allow download and sync whole Document folder in OneDrive in android phone. You allow camera roll backup, so why not for Document folder backup?

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Select All button to delete onedrive files on your smartphone.

Onedrive on the smartphone, you could have the option to select all the files or select everything, this option could be available within the three dot where save appears, rename, Detail, here would fit the option to select everything inside a folder where your files would be to delete.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Unable to find the file path in the search results. Platform - OneDrive in Android

Unable to find the file path in the search results. Platform - OneDrive in Android
    Provide full file path

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add progress button in menu

The progress screen is very useful to check the sync status of your files. However to access this screen, you have to navigate to photos and then click view camera upload.

In the windows 10 mobile version, there is a progress menu item on the main menu together with files, photos, shared, etc.

Please add this to the android version.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Give minimum 50 gb free storage

Give minimum 50 GB storage of every account

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Differentiate the additional folders in camera upload

It's great to include those additional folders with camera upload, but sometimes apps label those folders with the same name and it's hard to tell which folder is for what app. Either having a way to preview what's in each folder or having the full folder location added to the list would be fabulous.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Folder sync and delete sync

Folder sync and delete sync, best integrated cloud storage on win10 but should be better on android

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Fix freezing of Android app

The android app is unusable. I go into my camera roll folder and it just constantly freezes. I cannot scroll, it takes forever to refresh the latest photos and eventually I give up and use the website instead. Please fix it.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Videos stop when the phone auto rotates and video playing won't stop your phone from going to sleep.

Since the recent update on my android device, my videos will play but the phone goes to sleep while the video plays. This has never happened before. Also the phone stops playing video when the phone auto rotates. These were never an issue before but now it's kinda inconvenient. Using LG stylo 2

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Show file modification date at a glance

With the new update, the files don't show the last modified date as they used to, now they show the creation date.
    I love Onedrive because I use it to study directly from my tablet; when I need to change something in the text, I correct the mistake in the labtop and automatically the new file is uploaded in the tablet. I find it very useful to see at a glance, as I used to do before the new update, the last date of the new file, in order to be sure that I'm working with the more recent version.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Mobile folder sync instead of backup.

I'd would be great if local folders could be synced with OneDrive. I would specially like the option to sync pictures, and not just backup.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Scroll

Who was the smartass that removed the vertical scrolling option? I've stopped using your good app just because I cand scrool faster through pages whiles maintaining zoom. It would be much appreciated a return to vertical scrolling...and fire the smartass

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on Android

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base