OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on iOS

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

How can we improve the OneDrive mobile app on iOS?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. PDF Tool

The PDF Tools (the mark up tool, bookmark and annotation tabs) worked extremely well before the latest update. The upgrade has removed a lot of the functionality that existed - a moveable tool bar, easy to find pages that were either bookmarked or annotated, the ability to draw straight lines with ease, etc.

The current pdf viewer and tools seem to be retrograde and make the process of working on pdfs MUCH slower.

101 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Microsoft DELETED the suggestion for returning to the previous Onedrive PDF annotation

The post of over 1000 votes requesting that onedrive restore its original editing capabilities (notes, highlighter, pen layout, blue side toolbar) was deleted by Microsoft.

There was a claim that the 'annotation experience' would be improved, but this never occurred.

The app is still much worse than it was (went from a beautifully made app, to highly tedious to annotate PDFs).

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Document editing

Editing documents with apple pen with a recent update does not include the option of inserting arrows, text boxes, shapes. This was very useful, i do not understand why they would take it out of the app.

81 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Sort photos by date taken not date created in OneDrive

When sorting photos by date, the app sorts by date file was created in OneDrive as opposed to the date when the photo was taken.

When looking Photos menu, it list files by upload date or date created in OneDrive, from the user perspective, the date uploaded to OneDrive it's absolutely irrelevant.

This has been around since before 2015, isn't it time to change how Photos menu lists the content or at least give user the option to choose?

This bug defeats completely the Photo menu purpose, the one place to see all your mixed by date pics!

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Better editing

I would like to have back the ability to make circles, draw straight lines to edit my PDFs like before the last update. The apps was perfect for the kind of work I do and not having to pay a LOT of money to do it. Like in my photo please please bring it back

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. stuck at “setting things up” how could you be so stupid and irresponsible

before the onedrive APP automatically upload the camera
    the onedrive APP will stupidly make clear the information of all the files in the whole onedrive(not only the files in the camera folder),and it will write the information in a database in the onedrive APP
    I have more than 100GB files in the onedrive.
    The consequence is the iOS onedrive APP cannot make clear the information of all the files. So it stuck at "Setting things up", and it has written more than 3GB date to the database aforementioned.
    and if you use an empty onedrive, you will find it can…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Give us the old toolbar

The new update is really bad
    The new toolbar looks like it came from 2002
    Just return for us the old one please

59 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. OneDrive on ISO - Annotating PDFs has changed...and now mark-ups look bad

OneDrive has been my goto app for pdf annotations on the iPad. After the last update, though, the annotations menu has completely changed and making mark-ups is tricky (and ugly) - it's like OneDrive is not longer compatible with apple pencil. This diminishes the usability of the app by a lot!

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Drawing feature for Office app for iPad

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    iPad 用 Office アプリの描画機能について

Drawing feature for Office app for iPad
    ■Description(内容):
    以前まで、iPad 用 Office アプリでは閲覧権限のファイルに対して描画を行い、変更内容を保存する時に新しくファイルを作ることで保存できたが、現在は閲覧権限の Office ファイルに対しては描画ができず、ファイルを複製してから描画を行う必要があり不便に感じているため、戻す機能を提供して欲しい。
    また、モバイル用アプリでは、いつ仕様変更が行われたのかなどの公開情報が乏しく、ロードマップ等に詳細を公開して欲しい。

Previously in Office app for iPad, it was possible to draw a file with view permission and to save the file as a new one. However, currently users are not allowed to draw the view permission file directly. To do so, we must copy the file first and then make drawing to it.
    For improvement of usability, roll back the previous way and let users to draw the file and then make a copy file.
    In…

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. PDF annotation tool - NOT SOLVED

Several months ago Microsoft changed the wonderful PDF annotation tool on Onedrive for iOS, to a new version that works very bad. A large group of people from industry and academy who use the iPAD with Onedrive got justifiably furious. At the following months Microsoft provided us with some minor fixes, and labeled this issue as "FIXED". No Microsoft, the issue is far from being fixed!

Among the things that are still not fixed:
    -Eraser is too crude, it deletes too big of an area and not offering precise work as the previous tool offered. Moreover there is no outline…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Deleting from iphone photos gallery to automatically delete on onedrive and vice versa, deleting on onedrive should delete it on iphone

Deleting from iphone photos gallery to automatically delete on onedrive and vice versa, deleting on onedrive should delete it on iphone

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. copy from folders to shared folders

in the ios app one drive you can move files from your drive to the shared folders.
    It would be very helpful if you could copy the files from the own folder to the shared folders. so one copy remains in the own folder.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Enable form box editing in PDFs again please

Since around 1 week I cannot edit a PDF that has forms included (blue boxes for text input, a signature field also). Before it was like this: When opening the PDF within onedrive, the pdf opened up with the forms appearing in transparent blue boxes, also the signature field appeard. Upon clicking a form box one could type the text inside. When clicking the signature box it was possible to sign the PDF.
    Since 1 week when opening the PDF, no more blue form boxes appear, as if it was disabled. I couldn't find any settings to enable the form…

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Highlighting & Drawing Colors

I MISS the OLD colors!

Please bring back the old highlighting & drawing Features.
    I MISS the old Color Options & ability to TAP words to highlight.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Warn users about features about features that are about be removed.

The way that almost every PDF-annotations was removed leaving just a few basic functions without any warning or mention of it in the update log is extremely frustrating (version 10.34.11 to 10.37.1 i think). I am in charge of assisting 30-40 people using OneDrive as its primary synchronization tool and up until the recent versions we have been using the built-in PDF-annotations tools extensively. When this feature was removed without any warning or mention in the update-log, we basically came to a standstill. There is currently no good way to edit PDFs without exporting and importing every single file. I…

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Disable nested folders on camera upload

Allow a flag/option to be able to enable/disable nested folders on camera upload.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Restore Annotation of PDF Files

Not sure what prompted the developers to eliminate the ability to annotate PDF files within OneDrive but BIG mistake. Renders OneDrive almost useless to me now. Please restore this ability

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Prevent automatic creation of "Attachments" folder

Every time you open the OneDrive App on iPhone, a folder "Attachments" will be automatically created. Even if you delete it before. If you open the App again, the folder will be recrated. This is very annoying when you don't need this folder.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. iPad でスクリーンショットを撮った時に時刻、日付やバッテリー残量が映ることについて

iPad で OneDrive 内の画像ファイルを全画面表示させた時にスクリーンショットを撮ると、
    画面上部に時刻や日付やバッテリー残量表示が映ってしまう。
    時刻や日付やバッテリー残量表示がスクリーンショットに映らないように改善してほしい。
    または、時刻や日付やバッテリー残量表示が映らない設定を追加してほしい。

Using iPad, when you take screenshots of any files stored in OneDrive, system tool bar provided by iOS including such as current time, date or battery status - is captured. I really don't want to make this happen (actually system tool bar is not captured if you open a file using DropBox). Please make improvement on your OneDrive app to exclude system tool bar in the screen shots. Or, please create an option to exclude the tool bar from screen shots.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. force logout

we use ipads in the college but unable to put onedrive on them in case students dont log out. would it be possible to have a setting that forces log out anytime that someone leaves the app or a timed log out so a time can be set and at the end of it you are forced logged out of the app?

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 206 207
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on iOS

Feedback and Knowledge Base