OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on iOS

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Allow HEIC to JPG conversion when uploading

I used to upload photos from my personal iPhone to OneDrive so I could open them on my work computer running Windows 8.1. With the update allowing HEIC I can no longer open them. It seems my options are to open the app to take pictures, allow all of my personal photos to be uploaded, access pictures only through the website, use a 3rd party converter, or find a new app to get my pictures on my computer. It would be nice if there was a setting to return the app to the old functionality.

112 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sort photos by date taken not date created in OneDrive

When sorting photos by date, the app sorts by date file was created in OneDrive as opposed to the date when the photo was taken.

When looking Photos menu, it list files by upload date or date created in OneDrive, from the user perspective, the date uploaded to OneDrive it's absolutely irrelevant.

This has been around since before 2015, isn't it time to change how Photos menu lists the content or at least give user the option to choose?

This bug defeats completely the Photo menu purpose, the one place to see all your mixed by date pics!

269 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow us to change width of Eraser when I edit PDF files in OneDrive app

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive アプリから開いた PDF ファイルの動作について
    Allow us to change width of Eraser when I edit PDF files in OneDrive app

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive アプリから PDF ファイルを開き編集をする場合、消しゴムを使用した際に範囲が大きすぎて意図しない文字を消してしまう。
    消しゴムの範囲を小さくするか消しゴムの範囲を変更できるように修正お願いします。

I would like to see the feature to change width of Eraser, or to have smaller Eraser in OneDrive app.
    When I edit PDF file in the app, the Eraser is too wide, so I erase some contents I don’t intend to do so.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable choice JPEG upload + HEIF

I find it ridiculous that i cannot choose which i would like to upload to camera roll.
    If microsoft doesnt correct / enable this choice (between formats) for the users i’m going to quit onedrive and will use icloud instead (also cheaper)...

People dont like if some ‘choices’ are forced on to them, and they eventually stop using the service.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Option to save in jpg, rather than just heic

The upgrade takes away the useful feature of saving files in jpg mode. Please can we have it back as a setting option?

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Do not show all images in photos panel in Onedrive app for ios

I use onedrive to backup all my files, including chart history and some pictures for work. When I open the onedrive app for ios, all images in the onedrive folder were shown in the photos list, including emoji etc. al. This makes it difficult for me to find the photos I really need. This makes me crazy. I just want to display the images and videos in the specified folders. Please add a folder selection function in the settings to solve this problem. Thank you.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. PDF Tool

The PDF Tools (the mark up tool, bookmark and annotation tabs) worked extremely well before the latest update. The upgrade has removed a lot of the functionality that existed - a moveable tool bar, easy to find pages that were either bookmarked or annotated, the ability to draw straight lines with ease, etc.

The current pdf viewer and tools seem to be retrograde and make the process of working on pdfs MUCH slower.

191 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Use current time for photo name when uploading

Currently when onedrive uploads a photo from my iphone, it names the file with the current date and time. But the time is always in UTC +0 regardless of the phone timezone!
    The correct way should be to use time at the current timezone of the phone.
    This causes problems as for e.g. a user is at UTC +8 and takes a picture at 6:00am. The photo name would have the previous days date!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Renommer un dossier « Éléments partagé(e)s »

À ce jour il est impossible de renommer un dossier partagé depuis l’application IOS.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow us to preview office files via OneDrive app for iOS

■Title(件名):
    iOS 版 OneDrive アプリで、Office ファイルのプレビュー画面が表示されない
    Allow us to preview office files via OneDrive app for iOS

■Description(内容):
    iOS 版 OneDrive アプリを使用し、 OneDrive for Business 上の Office ファイルを選択し、[詳細] 画面を開いた際に、画面上部にプレビュー画面が表示されない。"詳細" 画面を開いた際に上部にプレビュー画面が表示されるよう、機能の改善をお願いします。

I would like to preview files from OneDrive app for iOS > Choose Office files from OneDrive for Business > click “details” button. Even I click “details” button, preview screen is not displayed.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Deleting from iphone photos gallery to automatically delete on onedrive and vice versa, deleting on onedrive should delete it on iphone

Deleting from iphone photos gallery to automatically delete on onedrive and vice versa, deleting on onedrive should delete it on iphone

62 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow "." (dot/point) in notebook names like "1.1 page", "1.3 page"

In iOS OneDrive App it is not possible to use correctly "." (dot/point) in OneNote notebook names like
    "1.1 page"
    "1.3 page"

You can create such a notebook name, but it is displayes as "1"
    (= everythink after the first dot is cutted)

Seems to be a bug since such notebook names are allowed and correclty displayed in
    1) Win10: OneNote 2016: yes
    2) Win10: App.OneNote: yes
    3) Win10: OneDrive in WindowsExplorer: yes
    4) Office 365 (Online) Sharepoint (Teamwebsite): yes

Summary

So when using two notebook names like "1.1 Private" and "1.2 Work", then in iOS.OneDrive you see it two…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. stuck at “setting things up” how could you be so stupid and irresponsible

before the onedrive APP automatically upload the camera
    the onedrive APP will stupidly make clear the information of all the files in the whole onedrive(not only the files in the camera folder),and it will write the information in a database in the onedrive APP
    I have more than 100GB files in the onedrive.
    The consequence is the iOS onedrive APP cannot make clear the information of all the files. So it stuck at "Setting things up", and it has written more than 3GB date to the database aforementioned.
    and if you use an empty onedrive, you will find it can…

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Even if I tap the URL embedded in the PDF file using the iPhone OneDrive application, it does not move to the website.

■Title
    iPhone 版 OneDrive アプリにて、PDF ファイルに埋め込まれた URL をタップしても Web サイトへ移行しない。

Even if I tap the URL embedded in the PDF file using the iPhone OneDrive application, it does not move to the website.

■ Description
    iPhone にて iOS 13.1.2 へアップデート後、OneDrive アプリに保存されている PDF ファイル内の URL をタップしてもウェブ サイトへ移行しない。
    iOS 12 では PDF ファイルに埋め込まれている URL をタップすることで Web サイトが開かれる動作であったが、アップデートしたことで Web サイトへ移行しなくなってしまった。

After updating to iOS 13.1.2 on iPhone, tapping the URL in the PDF file saved on the OneDrive application does not work.
    In iOS 12, the website was opened by tapping the URL embedded in the PDF file, but the update prevented it.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Highlight and underline colors

Hey guys, after the last update we don’t have anymore the highlight color options in our PDFs on the iOS. We also lost the option to change the underline colors. So please, give us back our functions.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 我在Word文档中创建了12页的4行目录,在iPad上用OneDrive预览打开后只显示1行目录,而且打开时间超过1分钟,有时候卡死根本打不开,我的Word文档只有170KB

我在Word文档中创建了12页的4行目录,在iPad上用OneDrive预览打开后只显示1行目录,而且打开时间超过1分钟,有时候卡死根本打不开,我的Word文档只有170KB

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Microsoft DELETED the suggestion for returning to the previous Onedrive PDF annotation

The post of over 1000 votes requesting that onedrive restore its original editing capabilities (notes, highlighter, pen layout, blue side toolbar) was deleted by Microsoft.

There was a claim that the 'annotation experience' would be improved, but this never occurred.

The app is still much worse than it was (went from a beautifully made app, to highly tedious to annotate PDFs).

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add cache clear feature to OneDrive app

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive アプリのキャッシュ削除機能の追加希望

Add cache clear feature to OneDrive app

■Description(内容):
    現在 iOS 版の OneDrive アプリでは、アカウントのキャッシュのクリア機能は提供されているが、保存されたファイルを閲覧、編集した場合に作成されるキャッシュを手動で削除できない。
    使用していないファイルで端末の空き容量が圧迫されてしまうため、手動でキャッシュを削除するための機能の実装を要望します。

In OneDrive app for iOS, we only can clear the cache for accounts, and it is not possible to manually clear the cache created when viewing and editing files.
    Unused files consume the storage space in devices, therefore, please add ability to clear cache of files by manual.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Change Photo EXIF Data like date taken

Google photos allows a user to directly edit the exif data on a photo. This would help to organize properly photos where the info is wrong. If an old photo is scanned or the setting is wrong. The photos are displayed in onedrive chronologically incorrect. Like I mentioned, google photos allows this simple edit directly in their app. I cannot do this with one drive.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 222 223
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on iOS

Categories