OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on iOS

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Allow HEIC to JPG conversion when uploading

I used to upload photos from my personal iPhone to OneDrive so I could open them on my work computer running Windows 8.1. With the update allowing HEIC I can no longer open them. It seems my options are to open the app to take pictures, allow all of my personal photos to be uploaded, access pictures only through the website, use a 3rd party converter, or find a new app to get my pictures on my computer. It would be nice if there was a setting to return the app to the old functionality.

632 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    45 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. About the save destination when you start the camera from the OneDrive application of iOS device and shoot

■Title(件名):
    iOS 端末の OneDrive アプリよりカメラを起動し撮影した場合の保存先について

About the save destination when you start the camera from the OneDrive application of iOS device and shoot

■Description(内容):
    現状 iOS 端末の OneDrive アプリよりカメラを起動し撮影した場合、OneDrive アプリにサインインをしているユーザーの OneDrive 内の写真を保存をできます。
    しかし、撮影した写真は自分の OneDrive 内の特定のフォルダーか共有ライブラリ (SharePoint Online チームサイトのドキュメント ライブラリ) しか保存先として指定ができません。
    共有されたフォルダー内に直接撮影した写真を保存したいため、特定のフォルダーのみではなく共有されたフォルダーも含め、すべてのフォルダーを保存先として選択できるよう機能の追加を希望します。

Currently, if you launch the camera from the OneDrive app on your iOS device and take a picture, you can save the photos in OneDrive of the user who is signed in to the OneDrive app.
    However, the photos you take can only be stored in a specific folder in your OneDrive or in a shared library (a…

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Behavior when the “Optimize storage” option is enabled on iOS devices

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    iOS 端末の [ストレージの最適化] の設定適用時の動作について
    Behavior when the “Optimize storage” option is enabled on iOS devices

■Description(内容):
    iOS から OneDrive for Business へ写真のアップロードにつきましては、iOS にて [ストレージの最適化] の設定が適用されていると、OneDrive for Business へ写真が正常にアップロードされません。
    [ストレージを最適化] を外した設定の場合、iOS 端末のストレージを圧迫してしまうため、 [ストレージの最適化] を有効とした場合でも写真が正常にアップロードが可能となるよう、本機能の改善を希望します。

When uploading photos to OneDrive for Business from iOS, if the “Optimize storage” option is in use, photos cannot be uploaded correctly.
    Since unchecking “Optimize storage” on iOS devices places extra demands on the device’s storage, please allow the correct uploading of photos even while this setting is enabled.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. GET IT TO WORK

It is not syncing. You have been at this for 20+ years. Time for a new plan. Still not syncing as it should.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sort photos by date taken not date created in OneDrive

When sorting photos by date, the app sorts by date file was created in OneDrive as opposed to the date when the photo was taken.

When looking Photos menu, it list files by upload date or date created in OneDrive, from the user perspective, the date uploaded to OneDrive it's absolutely irrelevant.

This has been around since before 2015, isn't it time to change how Photos menu lists the content or at least give user the option to choose?

This bug defeats completely the Photo menu purpose, the one place to see all your mixed by date pics!

824 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    61 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. There should be an option to rename a file by tapping on it on the share sheet

There should be an option to rename a file by tapping on it on the share sheet

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Share photos to OneDrive from mail app directly.

Share photos to OneDrive from mail app directly.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add function to save attachments from the iOS version of Outlook to a specific OneDrive folder

■Title(件名):
    iOSアプリ版Outlookから添付ファイルをOneDriveの任意のフォルダに保存したい
    Add function to save attachments from the iOS version of Outlook to a specific OneDrive folder

■Description(内容):
    iOS にて Outlook アプリを利用しています。
    添付ファイルを含むメールを受信した際に、ファイルの保存を利用することができますが、このファイルの保存先が既定で自身の OneDrive for Business 直下となる "添付ファイル" フォルダーから変更することができません。
    それぞれのユーザーが任意で自身の OneDrive for Business 内のフォルダーを自由に選択できることで、一度保存したファイルを OneDrive for Business 上で移動するなどの作業が不要となることから、この機能の追加を要望します。

We are using the iOS version of the Outlook app.

If mails are received with attachments, it’s possible to save them, but if OneDrive for Business is selected as the save destination it is not possible to change the folder from the “Attachments” folder.

We would like to see this functionality improved such that it is no longer…

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Don't change date and time modified after moving files

Date modified should be changed only when we edit files not when we move the files within OneDrive

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. OneDrive Camera Upload - Select photos to import in OneDrive

Why can't I grant access to my photos (within the OneDrive app for iOS) for the Apple photos app WITHOUT automatically uploading all my photos to OneDrive?
    If you have thousands of photos in the Apple photos app, of which you only want to upload e.g. 10 photos to OneDrive and add them to an album, then it doesn't make sense that you first have to upload thousands of photos to OneDrive, which takes up a lot of space in OneDrive and causes gigabytes of traffic. It must be possible to disable the automatic upload of all photos, so that…

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Need an option to sort or choose what folders to show photos/videos from in the Photos section of the app.

Need an option to sort or choose what folders to show photos/videos from in the Photos section of the app.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Corregir widget para que no muestre fotos del almacén privado

En la última versión el widget de one drive puede mostrar fotos de hace un año dos etc...
    He detectado que se muestran fotos del almacén personal que se supone protegido. Por tanto es un fallo de seguridad ya que se muestran fotos que teóricamente no se tiene acceso. Por tanto es un gravísimo fallo de seguridad.

Que se corrija urgentemente.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. disable option

When i upload photo's in the maps-directory, the pictures are also seen in the ios-app under photo's. Maybe there will be an option to disable this.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Unable to export items with sensitivity label from Office mobile app

■Title(件名):
    Office モバイル アプリより秘密度ラベルが付与されているアイテムのエクスポート不可

Unable to export items with sensitivity label from Office mobile app

■Description(内容):
    秘密度ラベルの暗号化の設定項目 ”特定のユーザーとグループにアクセス許可を付与する” のアクセス許可が ”Co-Owner” の場合は、フルアクセスの許可となりエクスポート権限が割り当てられている状態となるが、Office モバイル アプリではエクスポートができないため改善を希望いたします。

Encryption permission item of sensitivity label When the permission of “Grant access permission to specific users and groups” is “Co-Owner”, full access is permitted and export permission is assigned. However, we would like to improve it because the Office mobile app cannot export.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Image quality settings for images taken using the OneDrive app

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive アプリでの撮影した写真の画質設定について
    Image quality settings for images taken using the OneDrive app

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive アプリのカメラ機能で撮影した際の画像サイズが大きいため、撮影時の画質を既定で軽くできるよう撮影モードを選択できる機能の追加をお願いいたします。​
    The size for images taken using the camera feature in OneDrive app is big, so please add a feature for choosing other shooting modes that has a smaller default image quality size.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Auto-delete onedrive photo back up

Hello! I have my iPhone camera roll synced to my onedrive. I have a lot of junk in my camera roll, so i would like for there to be an option that if i delete a photo in my camera roll, it would also be deleted in my onedrive. This is so i wont have to delete the photos twice--in my camera roll and onedrive.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. iOS: use embedded file previews for thumbnails (.clip file format)

Clip Studio Paint is a popular, cross-platform illustration application which uses a universal file format across platforms and devices, with an embedded preview.

My suggestion for OneDrive on iOS is to take advantage of that and to show a thumbnail preview for .CLIP files. Regular file browsers like Windows Explorer, Finder, or even the Files app on iOS show the embedded thumbnails of .CLIP files. It would be great if OneDrive showed them, too.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Edit document in personal vault

Ability to edit document directly from personal vault.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. comprei uma assinatura do office 365 que inclui 1TB no onedrive, mais não aparece o espaço no aplicativo do meu celular ios

comprei uma assinatura do office 365 que inclui 1TB no onedrive, mais não aparece o espaço no aplicativo do meu celular ios

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)