OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on iOS

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Allow HEIC to JPG conversion when uploading

I used to upload photos from my personal iPhone to OneDrive so I could open them on my work computer running Windows 8.1. With the update allowing HEIC I can no longer open them. It seems my options are to open the app to take pictures, allow all of my personal photos to be uploaded, access pictures only through the website, use a 3rd party converter, or find a new app to get my pictures on my computer. It would be nice if there was a setting to return the app to the old functionality.

850 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    64 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a settings option for camera mode to "Preserve settings" for repeated use

I would expect that the settings stay consistent to what I used for the last camera shot. When I capture more than one photo, whiteboard or business cards, I don’t want to repeat the adjustments including flash for each shot. So the settings should at least have the option to “Preserve Settings”. FYI, iOS camera settings offer exactly that settings option. So the user interface of your camera app should ideally match such standard to offer consistent user experience.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. OneDrive アプリにて動画撮影を数時間ごとに自動で撮影を停止、再開する機能について

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive アプリにて動画撮影を数時間ごとに自動で撮影を停止、再開する機能について

About the function to automatically stop and resume video recording every few hours with the OneDrive app

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive アプリにて動画撮影を行う際に、数時間ごとに自動で撮影を停止し、撮影を自動で再開する機能の追加を希望します。

When shooting a video with the OneDrive app, I would like to add a function that automatically stops shooting after a few hours and automatically resumes shooting.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. There should be an option to exclude selected folders from displaying in Photos tab

Hello, I find very annoying that on the OneDrive iOS app there is no option to restrict the images shown on the Photos tab to only desired folders (e.g. the Pictures folder). Am I missing something? if not, this issue should be addressed quickly.

Thank you, Andrew

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Downloading files on Chrome or Edge on iPad OS

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    iPad OS にてChrome, Edge でのファイルのダウンロード機能の実装を要望いたします。
    Downloading files on Chrome or Edge on iPad OS

■Description(内容):
    iPad OS にてSafari ではファイルのダウンロードが可能ですが、Chrome, Edge ではダウンロードボタンを押下しても反応がない。
    Chrome , Edge でもダウンロードが可能になるよう機能の実装を要望いたします。

It’s possible to download files using Safari on iPad OS, but if you push the download button on Chrome or Edge, nothing happens.
    Please make it possible to download on these browsers, too.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow the default to be changed for camera

Camera always comes up "DOCUMENT" and you must scroll to other choices. I'd prefer to be able to select the default as "PHOTO" and recommend that any of the 4 choices be allowed to be set as default when opening the camera.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Option to exclude folders on this day

I love this day feature, but because I have archived sensitive pictures like which was the protocol that my mom was taking on her chemo, that makes me sad to remember.
    I'd like an option to exclude some folders from on this day.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. .one file links cause errors on iOS machines

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    iOS 端末で .one ファイルのリンクがエラーになる
    .one file links cause errors on iOS machines

■Description(内容):
    絶対パスにて取得したリンクを ios 端末にてクリックするとダウンロードの動作となり 「サポートされていないファイル形式」 のエラーが発生し閲覧不可となる。
    絶対パスで取得したリンクからアクセスし閲覧できるよう機能の実装を希望いたします。
    If you click an absolute path link on an iOS device, the item it links to is downloaded, but the error “Unsupported file format” is shown, and the file cannot be viewed.
    Please make it possible to access these by clicking on absolute path links.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Support for backing up Apple ProRes RAW

Apple has introduced a new image format ProRAW in IOS 14.3, it would be great if OneDrive would automatically backup these images without converting to JPEG.

OR

A similar option to how HEIC works where you can toggle if you'd like your backups to be converted or not.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Searched files possible to mark and move

Please make searched files possible to mark, then move to a selected folder. So far we’ll have to move one after another, among hundreds… thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. On my iPhone, I should be able to upload articles directly to a OneDrive folder via the export function. Pls see notes:

When browsing articles on my ipad or iphone, I like to upload them directly to OneDrive. Dropbox does this action seamlessly, uploading it in PDF format. I have migrated my files all to OneDrive and want to be able to use it in a similar fashion. However, it does not seem to have the same convenient capability as Dropbox.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. One Drive App won't launch on Iphone 12mini

There is a problem with the one drive app on Iphone 12mini. When i try to start the app it is not launching. The white screen with the blue cloud symbol will show for less than half a second and then I'm back to my homescreen. I did all the steps that were described for having issues with ios. Started the phone again, deleted and reinstalled the app, enabled locations etc. kept iphone and the app up to date. Iphone software is IOS14.5.1 but i didn't work on the version i had before, either.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Mehr als 30 Fotos oder Videos uploaden

Hallo, Warum ist es nicht möglich mehr als 30 Bilder in die Cloud zu laden? Bei meinem iPhone kann ich nicht mehr als 30 Bilder hochladen. Es wäre toll mehr als 30 Dateien hochladen zu können.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Reinstate the Tag features

This feature is the selling point for me to subscribe to OneDrive and this feature has been missing for god knows how long. Either reinstate the feature or remove this page

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/organize-and-find-photos-in-onedrive-6a9b0298-f504-4992-af0e-45e2f270afc9

to stop deceiving people.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Camera roll - upload only new photos

Please add the option to upload only photos/videos starting with a specific date. This would allow us to. Or have to upload ALL photos, but rather just the photos that are recent. This is really helpful if you have already previously organized all photos to date, but need to upload anything going forward. This is similar to. Feature Dropbox has.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. more importent is TIME. Why not show TIME created or modified? If I create several files throughout the day and I want the o

more importent is TIME.
    Why not show TIME created or modified?
    If I create several files throughout the day and I want the one from a particular time it's difficult.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. You must make it easier to purchase Microsoft office 365 for iOS apple telephones make them easier to use between the 24 between the product

Make it easier to purchase and use office 365 for iOS Apple phones because even the purchasing your products there’s too much jumping around and getting lost in the process of purchasing downloading office under the telephone to be able to use as it stands you have to go back-and-forth between between the mail icon the Google icon back to mail icon back to the Google icon resigning resigning it creates too many problems and especially Dan wanting to use office with mobile phone apple mobile phone then you don’t even know when you’re getting it correct or are you…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Index of pdf file on IOS OneDrive

I need the index of the pdf file so that I can jump between chapters.

I am using IOS OneDrive to sync the reading record of my textbook. Wight now IOS version only supports the thumbnail view of each page in pdf, which is inconvenient for a big pdf file such as a textbook. I can hardly find the page I want to read.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)