OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on iOS

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Not an idea...I cannot get Forms to work on mobile devices

i cannot get Forms to work on mobile devices...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. stuck at “setting things up” how could you be so stupid and irresponsible

before the onedrive APP automatically upload the camera
    the onedrive APP will stupidly make clear the information of all the files in the whole onedrive(not only the files in the camera folder),and it will write the information in a database in the onedrive APP
    I have more than 100GB files in the onedrive.
    The consequence is the iOS onedrive APP cannot make clear the information of all the files. So it stuck at "Setting things up", and it has written more than 3GB date to the database aforementioned.
    and if you use an empty onedrive, you will find it can…

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. OneDrive compatibility with Azure Information Protection

We would like the OneDrive app to automatically open O365 documents with applied Azure Information Protection labels in the appropriate O365 app. Currently you have to tap the three-dot options and tell OneDrive to open the document in the correct app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Is it possible to change the width of the columns to see better the long file names?

Is it possible to change the width of the columns? In the attached example we see that it is not possible to see the full names of the files, while there are enormous columns for some little numbers of the file size and for only three points for options. So many of useful space is lost. It’s a pity. Thank you if you can fix it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. one drive should more faster thn now

one drive should more faster thn now

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Open Excel files through OneDrive directly - Personal Vault

Open Excel files through OneDrive directly - Personal Vault

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Mobile uploads needs to do its job by 1) grouping all pics from each phone separate. 2) Give me options to filter uploads Reason for 1: I h

Mobile uploads needs to do its job by 1) grouping all pics from each phone separate.
    2) Give me options to filter uploads (i.e which phone folder to include or ex
    clude)

Reason for 1: I have two phones and it’s an irritating task to look for pics in my One Drive- Because all pictures are grouped in one folder.

Reason for 2 : I do not want “WhatsApp “ pics , in today’s habit of million memes floating around , it’s just too ouch garbage to filter through when I want to find a picture a picture in OneDrive…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Better syncing for photos

I recently learned the hard way that the Sync Feature for photos has a limit thats rather low. When i hit 1785 photos, the sync feature stopped working. This is a very low limit that seems to be set at the software level.

A more reasonable limit of something like 50,000 or so would be a great idea. Some people use OneDrive exclusively for photo storage, so a low storage limit really hinder that.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Dismiss the "camera upload is turned off" message

The above message is really annoying when you don't want you photos automatically uploaded. Thanks for reminding me but please now go away. Can we have an option to dismiss this message please.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Upload files indicator

Upload number of files indicator.

Please return back the feature of showing number of files being uploaded (e.g. 1 of 10 files uploading). With the latest iOS OneDrive application update, it does not inform me anymore and it looks like upload did not work but eventually you realise that it is uploaded eventually.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. face id

Face ID doesn't work in my Onedrive app! I enable the four digit passcode which seems to be a requirement for the Face ID to appear but when I sign out of the app and then I go to sign in again Face ID doesn't appears, instead the app asks for my email and password! Please fix this!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow "." (dot/point) in notebook names like "1.1 page", "1.3 page"

In iOS OneDrive App it is not possible to use correctly "." (dot/point) in OneNote notebook names like
    "1.1 page"
    "1.3 page"

You can create such a notebook name, but it is displayes as "1"
    (= everythink after the first dot is cutted)

Seems to be a bug since such notebook names are allowed and correclty displayed in
    1) Win10: OneNote 2016: yes
    2) Win10: App.OneNote: yes
    3) Win10: OneDrive in WindowsExplorer: yes
    4) Office 365 (Online) Sharepoint (Teamwebsite): yes

Summary

So when using two notebook names like "1.1 Private" and "1.2 Work", then in iOS.OneDrive you see it two…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Editing in pdf

1. Please include the Apple Pencil 2 features (double tap to switch between eraser and pencil )

2. Please work on eraser tool as there is no size adjustment option it deleting everything

3. There is still a bit lag in writing

4. Please work on moving the hand written text, there is this feature but it is not working properly

5. The auto updating option is bit irritating
      When pdf is updated it is closing the pdf and again we have to reopen the pdf or some times app too

6. Add night reading mode (invert colour - pdf into black and text into white)…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow hyperlinks to open from PDF files

We used to be able to open hyperlinks from PDF files and they would open in our web browser. But now we can’t! And why?! For privacy reasons? I don’t see any good reason for that, but I want that function back and I bet there are lots of other people that do too. If that function is turned off for privacy reasons then how about allowing the feature to be toggled on and off? That would solve everything.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allows you to return to the previous level when the loading interface appears

Sometimes my network status is particularly bad, but at this time, when I open a certain file, it enters the preview state, but I ca n’t return to the previous level, I can only wait. But I don't know how long to wait, the only way is to close the entire application.
    STUPID DESIGN.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Even if I tap the URL embedded in the PDF file using the iPhone OneDrive application, it does not move to the website.

■Title
    iPhone 版 OneDrive アプリにて、PDF ファイルに埋め込まれた URL をタップしても Web サイトへ移行しない。

Even if I tap the URL embedded in the PDF file using the iPhone OneDrive application, it does not move to the website.

■ Description
    iPhone にて iOS 13.1.2 へアップデート後、OneDrive アプリに保存されている PDF ファイル内の URL をタップしてもウェブ サイトへ移行しない。
    iOS 12 では PDF ファイルに埋め込まれている URL をタップすることで Web サイトが開かれる動作であったが、アップデートしたことで Web サイトへ移行しなくなってしまった。

After updating to iOS 13.1.2 on iPhone, tapping the URL in the PDF file saved on the OneDrive application does not work.
    In iOS 12, the website was opened by tapping the URL embedded in the PDF file, but the update prevented it.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Highlight and underline colors

Hey guys, after the last update we don’t have anymore the highlight color options in our PDFs on the iOS. We also lost the option to change the underline colors. So please, give us back our functions.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on iOS

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base