OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on iOS

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Preset of file name after scanning

It would be a great feature to customized the preset of the file name after scanning a document, instead to write all the time a new file name.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Text highlight transparency

Allow adjusting the transparency of the text highlights similarly to the free hand highlighting. Currently it is quite hard to read the highlighted texts as the colors are quite dark.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Folder/files favorites

Mark files or folders as favorites and have quick access to them on the OneDrive app start page.
    I wonder how this is not already implemented or much more requested. Is anybody even using OneDrive files on iOS???

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Faulty functionality of OneDrive in connection with iOS File manager

Unfortunately there's a severe issue with the OneDrive cloud when working with the iOS file manager:

After any action with files in subdirectories of the OneDrive Cloud (e.g. move, copy, delete...) the file tree is jumping back to the root of the OneDrive tree. This issue happens to both instances of the file manager when working with the multitasking functionaltiy of current iOS and also when also working with one instance of the file manager only.
    This is a severe issue as it makes file managing on a OneDrive cloud a very frustrating an time consuming process (clicking back to…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. There should be an option to rename a file by tapping on it on the share sheet

There should be an option to rename a file by tapping on it on the share sheet

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Start app in pause mode unless specified

Can you please please please stop the auto sync on start up. When starting app for the first time, it should start in pause mode AND we should be able to change the preferences when in pause. Since I have not used the app for a while, it started from scratch & It started syncing & I have no room on my PC. I only want one folder to sync, but I can't choose it because I had to pause it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Turn off the camera upload notification at the top of the Photo interface.

Didn't anyone say that?
    Achieving it is only a negligible amount of work.
    It's so annoying and takes up a lot of space on the screen.
    As an obsessive-compulsive disorder, I have to put up with its reminders every day, as if I have to open it.
    But I really don't need to upload automatically, I will only upload the photos that are important to me selectively.
    I know you are trying to better serve your users, but I hope to remind you only when you use it for the first time, and then you can turn it on in…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Widget showing latest files changes

An iOS 14 widget showing latest files changes or uploads including shared folders.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Re-Upload Deleted Photos

Currently, if photos are deleted on OneDrive, they are not re-uploaded automatically, or by refreshing the photos page. The app should recognize that the photos have been deleted and re-upload them.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Whiteboard as image for use in word

It should be easy to take a good picture of a whiteboard and include it in a Word document.

Currently whiteboard mode saves images as PDFs, which are difficult to include in a Word doc. Previously in onedrive it was possible to take a photo and then run a whiteboard filter on the image, but that filter has been removed. It is now only possible to take a picture in "whiteboard" mode and then only save it as PDF. (as far as I can tell)

Office Lens has a "file type" option in whiteboard mode that does this, so it's…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Reconocimiento facial

Se debería reconocer las fotos y agrupar por lugares, por rostro, por el tag que uno ponga.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Carpeta segura

Cuando desbloqueo las carpeta personal de onedrive con huella digital o pin de desbloquea y queda así sin volver a bloquearse, por si alguien agarra tu teléfono y entra sin permiso. Esas carpeta debería estar siempre bloqueda y solo abrirse con huella o pin.... Como funciona carpeta segura de Samsung

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Agrupación de fotos por rostro

Ya que obligatoriamente Samsung me obliga a cambiarme a onedrive porque Samsung cloud deja de funcionar, por lo menos que reconozca rostros y se puedan buscar todas las fotos de ese mismo rostro

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Agrupación de fotos por rostro

Ya que obligatoriamente Samsung me obliga a cambiarme a onedrive porque Samsung cloud deja de funcionar, por lo menos que reconozca rostros y se puedan buscar todas las fotos de ese mismo rostro

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Agrupación de fotos por rostro

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Read anything with simple commands

Voice control e reader anytime anywhere

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When uploading a picture to one drive add text to face of the picture.

When I take a picture from OneDrive I have the option to add text to face of the picture. Great if the same feature existed with pictures already stored in file folder. I know I can add caption but would be cool adding to face of the image.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Rename option

As I have two accounts of OneDrive: one personal and one for work, I am often confused which cloud picture to open as they both look the same and are named the same: OneDrive. I would appreciate it if there was a 'rename' option in the settings so I can name the images appropriately.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on iOS

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base